JohnMcMahon

Captain America Is A Fucking Pussy

Yeah - for all it's many, many, many crippling flaws, at least Civil War sucked in new, innovative ways. I don't think any comic series had ever sucked in quite the same way as Civil War before.

:laugh:

I DARE Marvel to put that on their solicits for the tpbs.

Caps been shot in the head before and lived he's also taken bullets to the gut before an lived. So it's likely that he is hiding for the mean time or taking up a new Identity. Most likely he is the new Ronin.

Allegedly there's references to Cap being alive but critical in Avengers : The Initiative.

Edit as Newsarama have a statement(!) from Marvel about that -

Captain America will continue to be published despite the very real death of Steve Rogers.

Next week, Civil War: The Confession features the final moments of his life.

In April & May, Fallen Son: Death of Captain America will follow the Marvel Universe’s reaction to this tragedy.

Also in May, Captain America #26 is where the aftermath of his death must be faced, beginning with the autopsy of his body.

Comments from Ms. Marvel in this week’s Civil War: The Initiative, which seemed to indicate that Captain America is still alive, and being held prisoner by the Pro-Registration forces may not have been exactly what they seemed on the surface, and events related to those comments will play out in upcoming issues of New Avengers.

So, yes, Captain America, Steve Rogers, is dead.

Well you all should sleep better tonight knowing my local comic shop guy is getting $30 for a set of both covers on Ebay.

Didn't he die in Captain America and the Falcon a few years back. He was hit in the head by a stray bullet and the doctors said his heart flat lined. Then after that his body was revived by the Super Soldier Serum in his system.

If anything, I think Bucky will take over as Captain America for awhile, and then we will find out that his body was switched with a LMD and that he's been playing as Ronin for awhile.

CAPTAIN AMERICA DIES IN THIS ISSUE! BUY IT NOW FOR ONLY $30! SURE TO BE WORTH THOUSANDS IN A FEW YEARS! EXTREMELY RARE

Three years later after Capt. America is alive and well....

Excess amount of Capt. America #25 left over, NM/M condition. For sale:$1 an issue.

I want to clear up the rumours though.

Capt. America hired someone to shoot him in the head after the way he was protrayed at the end of Civil War.

Well you all should sleep better tonight knowing my local comic shop guy is getting $30 for a set of both covers on Ebay.

Hurm. Is he selling at least one version at the normal cost in-store ?

Ed Brubaker's been twatting about with the Cosmic Cube for two years. This is all going to go away faster than you can say "Bobby Ewing in the shower" or "A wizard did it".

There is already a suitable replacement for Cap and his name is JACK BAUER.

Jack's been in a Chinese prison for six months, bet he's never heard of Myspace either.

Jack Bauer is one of my friends on myspace !

Hurm. Is he selling at least one version at the normal cost in-store ?

He did before they sold out.

Now hand me that glass of Super Soldier Serum.

Wow, I don't even care about Marvel, and even I think this sucks beyond belief.

Yeah, well, at least they didn't kill Steve Rogers only to replace him with an alternate universe teenage version of Steve Rogers....because, you know, that'd just be stupid.

2007-03-06_235936_cap.jpg

That's fantastic. Where'd you get it?

Spotted it on the John Byrne Forum, of all places - I was scanning through their "Captain America Spoilers" thread to see if the old coot had come out with anything particularly amusing (not really, sadly, although there was plenty of the usual low-level dickishness), and someone had posted this image. I've got no idea where the fella in question got it from, or if he made it himself.