JohnMcMahon

Captain America Is A Fucking Pussy

Oh and by the way Trace. I just recently asked Alan Moore via a visoin quest (ie. I was really high) wether or not he knew the score, and he had no idea what I was talking about! :angry:

I'd like to go on record and state that I am not really sold on the Winter Soldier concept.

"caugh,caugh,Clint Barton,caugh!!"

No.

Has Bucky done anything interesting since he returned?

Wait, what? Bucky's back? Jesus Marvel, are you bring Uncle Ben back from the dead to?

Jesus Marvel, are you bring Uncle Ben back from the dead to?

He could be the new Captain America! (Since Steve Rogers is for really and truely dead forever and ever!)

The Winter Solider is, despite being alive, one of the best reinventions of a goofy golden age kid sidekick I've seen to date. The explanation for all the golden age Nazi-killing comics was well updated by Brubaker.

I finally read his death issue, and was SPOILERS

surprised to see he wasn't shown dead.

I've really enjoyed the "how Bucky is alive again" stuff in Captain America - as Tom points out, the character hasn't done much of consequence, but the way the story's been played out from Steve Rogers' perspective has been excellent. The whole run so far has been Brubaker's best superhero work in a good few years (since he got bored with Catwoman, at the very least), but I'm still unsure about how good an idea it was, long-term. The few appearances I've seen by the character outside of the core title have been pretty weak, and I have absolutely no faith in the abilities of anyone else to make the concept really work.

Still, since the only Marvel titles I have any interest in right now are Brubaker's two non-X-Men titles and Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane (and the latter's coming to an end soon anyway), that doesn't cause me any real problems.

The Winter Solider is, despite being alive, one of the best reinventions of a goofy golden age kid sidekick I've seen to date. The explanation for all the golden age Nazi-killing comics was well updated by Brubaker.

I finally read his death issue, and was SPOILERS

surprised to see he wasn't shown dead.

But he was in Civil War: The Confession (That-Well I thought was rather ace in comparison- Bendis one shot spinoff).

During Civil War:The Initiative Ms Marvel tells Spider Woman that Cap is infact still alive.

Cynically I huffed that that ddin't take very long, but Bendis nicely revealed this to be a horrible lie told in order to bait a rescue attempt by the renegade Avengers and that Cap "really" was dead.

Nicely done.

All this leads me to believe that the whole Civil War debacle was really Bendis territory, and he should have been incharge of the project.

Inversely, House of M should really have been by Millar...now where's that time machine hidden again.

Obviously Cap's only dead in Marvel terms, but I didn't even think that he was in those either.

I honestly haven't a clue where Brubaker is heading now and haven't been this intrigued by his run since about issue 13 or so.

I've really enjoyed the "how Bucky is alive again" stuff in Captain America - as Tom points out, the character hasn't done much of consequence, but the way the story's been played out from Steve Rogers' perspective has been excellent. The whole run so far has been Brubaker's best superhero work in a good few years, (since he got bored with Catwoman, at the very least), but I'm still unsure about how good an idea it was, long-term. The few appearances I've seen by the character outside of the core title have been pretty weak, and I have absolutely no faith in the abilities of anyone else to make the concept really work.

Still, since the only Marvel titles I have any interest in right now are Brubaker's two non-X-Men titles and Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane (and the latter's coming to an end soon anyway), that doesn't cause me any real problems.

Jesus, Mark agrees with me! Sweeeeet. I've been looking forward to this for weeks.

"caugh,caugh,Clint Barton,caugh!!"

No.

Has Bucky done anything interesting since he returned?

Wait, what? Bucky's back? Jesus Marvel, are you bring Uncle Ben back from the dead to?

umm....Yeah....Uncle Ben might be coming back from the dead also.

The original Captain Marvel is back too!

Soon, Jean Grey will be back again, and the Marvel Universe will finally figure out what's going on....

Jesus has come back! The Second Coming is upon us! The dead shall live again! Hallelujah!

Soon, Jean Grey will be back again, and the Marvel Universe will finally figure out what's going on....

Jesus has come back! The Second Coming is upon us! The dead shall live again! Hallelujah!

Universe X? :rolleyes:

I'm going to write a story set in the Marvel Universe where no one can ever stay dead. People want to die, but they keep coming back to life.

I'm going to write a story set in the Marvel Universe where no one can ever stay dead. People want to die, but they keep coming back to life.

marvel_zombies.jpg173932_1636672_1_huge.jpg

With all the dying and reviving of Jean, has any writer tackled where her personality is while she is dead? Anyone ask 'What is being dead like?'

The recent Wolverine comics have him going 'someplace' when he gets 'killed' and his body is regenerating. A happy white place.

Yeah, she goes to the "White Hot Room" when she's awaiting rebirth. I think Morrison was the one who originated that, probably as an antithesis of the "Black Bug Room."

Greg Pak then expanded on it in the Phoenix: Endsong LS, which basically paved the way for her return.

The first time Jean "died", John Byrne later explained that Jean never actually died. The Phoenix force used her body and mind as a template to create a physical form for itself. It protected Jean and wrapped her actual body in a cocoon at the bottom of a lake, in suspended animation, where she was eventually found and revived.

It was actually the Phoenix force which died on the moon, not Jean.

Yes, but that was a shit idea, and Grant Morrison ret-retconned it in his New X-Men run.