Sign in to follow this  
Akhira

Warner. commissions JLA film

It's all owned by WB. I think they're all at different production shingles under the WB umbrella but that's nothing corporate couldn't sort out.

It's not going to happen. A live action version would have to cut down on SFX seriously. Batman Begins and Superman Returns went almost over their budget. And that was just two characters. So think of how much the budget the would to be to fit 5 more characters into it. Then you have to deal with schedules, and everything else. The only way this will EVER work is if it is animated or CG.

If they were to make this movie, they'd probably decide to use Batman and Superman with a bunch of C-listers, as they wouldn't want to throw Green Lantern and Flash type characters in a JLA movie, when surely DC is planning to have a Green Lantern movie and a Flash movie, etc. eventually.

So, expect to see Green Arrow and Black Canary and Martian Manhunter and Kid Eternity (snicker)....less popular characters that DC probably won't be interested in having in their own films.

Unless the JLA movie is put off until after Green Lantern and Flash types have been introduced in their own movies first.

I think it would dilute the viability of the characters if they just threw a Green Lantern out there, did a quick version of his origin, and had him join the JLA. It would take away from having the Green Lantern movie, I'd think.

The other alternative is to just throw out Green Lantern as an already established superhero that everyone should know, and then release a Green Lantern movie later that takes place prior to the JLA movie, but I don't think that would be a good way to appeal to non-comic book fans with a JLA movie.

It's not going to happen. A live action version would have to cut down on SFX seriously. Batman Begins and Superman Returns went almost over their budget. And that was just two characters. So think of how much the budget the would to be to fit 5 more characters into it.

Not sure how that works; it's still only going to come to two hours of movie footage. It's not like the effects houses charge per character. And I don't know about BB, but Singer was haemhorraging money throughout the Superman shoot so he's a poor example.

All they have to do is model themselves after the (effects-heavy) X-Men movies and money won't be a problem.

Unless there's Sam Raimi or Bryan Singer helming it, no amount of special effects is gonna save it. I agree that there's no JLA without the Martian Manhunter. Though there were plenty without the big three. If they could make small cameos and leave the major superheroing to the rest of the JLA, that might save the big three from a terrible fate.