Sign in to follow this  
Bilirubin

The Return of Dr. Fate

I've almost finished clearing out my unwanteds, and this is one of the last lots.

#1-13 + Annual #1

Reasonable offer takes them, otherwise its to the 'bay with them.

The J.M. DeMatteis 80s run on Dr. Fate?

That's one of my favourite series ever written. I absolutely love it.

Someone needs to take Bili up on this offer.

The J.M. DeMatteis 80s run on Dr. Fate?

That's one of my favourite series ever written. I absolutely love it.

The very same. BUT, I also have X-Men vs. the Micronauts which rank up there ;)

We hereby claim this thread for the People's Republic of Gerbania.

So far, I have not enjoyed much of the "Helmet" one offs.

Black Alice ? Slack Alice more like. I am now of the opinion that Mike Carey writes better young women than Gail Simone ... actually she did a good job with Rose and Thorn ... because this had no interest for me (WARNING for TOM: Goth Chick - AVOID!)

Does the character come from somewhere? She can use all the magical characters' powers ? How unimaginative is that?

Detective Chimp was nothing more than it should be, light-hearted and light-headed. Willingham has ploughed a deep furrow for himself with Fables and this would not be amiss in that title. I suspect DC editorial got on the phone and said "Bill, can you change Rumpelstiltskin to Detective Chimp and the Cat in the Hat's hat to Dr Fate's helmet and all the other characters to humans ?"

Sargon was slightly better although I was surprised to find the art clunky, and I have to say the "Young Heir takes over mantle" thing is getting old AND is rather too close in theme to Gerber's Dr. Fate.

Ibis seems best of these, but then it has more room to breathe with it being a series. And I like Phil Winslade's art as ever.

Black Alice ? Slack Alice more like. I am now of the opinion that Mike Carey writes better young women than Gail Simone ... actually she did a good job with Rose and Thorn ... because this had no interest for me (WARNING for TOM: Goth Chick - AVOID!)

Does the character come from somewhere?

She was a one-off baddie from Birds of Prey. God knows what made them think she could support her own stories though.

Do quite like the idea of her zombie mum, mind - it's a 90s Vertigo idea, sure, but there's potential there.

Do quite like the idea of her zombie mum, mind - it's a 90s Vertigo idea, sure, but there's potential there.

You'll get all the necessary reanimated mother action (DMYLF ?) from Crossing Midnight.