St. Finn Parish

Comic Book Movies Fantasy League

I've always thought that a Jonah Hex movie would be cool.

Here's my pick,

Michael "Mr. Blonde" Madsen

bill.jpg

And I here that a new Shadow movie might be on the way so I would like to see these people,

Colin-Farrell.jpg

Collin Ferrell/Lamont Cranston aka The Shadow

Minnie%20Driver.jpg

Minnie Driver/Margo Layne

Paul_Giamatti_giamatti1_630781.jpg

Paul Giamatti/Moe Schrevnitz

Sean%20Patrick%20Flanery.jpg

Sean Patrick Flannery/Harry Vincent

christopher_walken150.jpg

Christopher Walken/Commisioner Weston

vincent_gallo2.jpg

Vincent Gallo/Det. Joe Cardona

Chow_YunFat_yun_Pirat_604591.jpg

Chow Yun Fat/Shiwan Khan

Madsen would make a bloody good Jonah Hex now you mention it.

I'd want to see somebody a bit older than Ferrell as the Shadow, though.

How about the Losers?

I don't know I've never read it, but don't tell Andy, you know in case he's sensetive. :blush:

:lol:

Madsen would make a bloody good Jonah Hex now you mention it.

I'd want to see somebody a bit older than Ferrell as the Shadow, though.

Yeah, I think Madsen could pull off a very Eastwood style performance, but with a bit more edge and obviouosly he's young enough to pull off the role. With the Shadow I just can't think of too many other people that I would like to see playing him except for maybe this guy he could give Ferrell a run for his money.

julian_mcmahon_carver.jpg

Madsen'd make a great Bigby Wolf, too.

And while we're at it, Josh Holloway would make an awesome Jack Horner.

Who would anybody go about casting in Unknown Soldier (the Ennis one: I can definitely see that working as a film)? Apart from Michael Douglas as the eponymn, I'm drawing a blank.

I'd cast Captain America easy. No competition.

Matthew McConaughey. Look at this picture. The guy is tall, fit, and all American. Put the famous shield on the arm, some red, white and blue chainmail, and you are set.

matthewmcconaughey_wideweb__470x352,0.jpg

And he's aged well, so he could still do it if only.....

...he knew how to act.

That WAS what you were going to say, right?

Heh.

To be honest, I don't think any artist since Veitch has really stuck to the idea of Sting as a visual model for Constantine to any significant degree anyway (certainly none of the major Hellblazer artists have), so even if I did think that "looks exactly like the character in question" was a vital part of casting an adaptation (which I don't), he wouldn't make my shortlist.

Finally finished my Homicide DVDs, and while watching the TV movie that wrapped everything up, it occurred to me that Austin Griscom, who played the ME in the final season, would make a really great Mad Hatter for the Batman movies:

1879658980_98da12e0a5_o.jpg

...and, immediately contradicting something I said in my very last post in this thread...

Yes. Yes, he would.

...and, immediately contradicting something I said in my very last post in this thread...

Yes. Yes, he would.

At least you're consistent in your inconsistency :D

Heh.

To be honest, I don't think any artist since Veitch has really stuck to the idea of Sting as a visual model for Constantine to any significant degree anyway (certainly none of the major Hellblazer artists have), so even if I did think that "looks exactly like the character in question" was a vital part of casting an adaptation (which I don't), he wouldn't make my shortlist.

Manco drew him as sting to some extent, though, hasn't he?

Finally finished my Homicide DVDs, and while watching the TV movie that wrapped everything up, it occurred to me that Austin Griscom, who played the ME in the final season, would make a really great Mad Hatter for the Batman movies:

1879658980_98da12e0a5_o.jpg

Wow! He does look exactly like Mad Hatter.

The actor's name is Austin Pendleton, right? I did an internet search, and it says he played a character named Griscom on the show.

He doesn't look like Hatter in any of the other pictures I've found online though, just that one.

How tall is the actor? Any idea? I couldn't find that online.

I always wanted to see Gene Wilder in the role of the Mad Hatter. He's too tall, but other than that, I always thought he was perfect for the role.

Robo Hunter:

Sam Slade - Kurt Russell

And a shitload of CGI effects.

Sam Slade = Ted Danson, surely?

Not really, to my eyes at least.

Robo Hunter:

Sam Slade - Kurt Russell

And a shitload of CGI effects.

Sam Slade = Ted Danson, surely?

He could possibly take a decent stab at it.

(I'd sooner Russell, though.)

Not really, to my eyes at least.

Not sure who this artist is, but he sure as hell resembles Sting to me!

constcover.jpg

It's Lee Bermejo,and yeah I think that one is very close to his Pompousness(Sting hear our prayer.)

Also I must add to this thread,I saw X-men 3(groooan) and Hard Candy recently and couldn't figure out who that young(and cute as all fuck)actress was in both of them reminded me of.She's barely out of her teens yet had a real fierceness about her that belied her years and then it dawned on me.

Ellen Page-Makita from the Red Star.

There's also this one, if you're trying to suggest that Manco's John looks a lot like Sting:

manco.gif

But then there are these, all of which are rather more representative of what his work on the monthly title generally looks like than the above promo image, and none of which look much like Sting at all (they're just the first images I was able to find in a google image search, no careful selection process employed):

manco_leonardo_1_hellblazer.jpg

manco_leonardo_2.jpg

hellblazer218p2.jpg

hellblazer218p3.jpg

As for Bermejo - yeah, the Constantine in that cover posted above is a dead ringer for Sting. But it also looks fuck-all like the way Bermejo usually draws the character - what about this one, for example? Or this one? Or this one?

(seriously, though, good catch with that picture you posted - I still don't think Manco's Constantine looks much like Sting most of the time, but the resemblance in that one's undeniable)