Kejoxen

Show us your comics

Well, mine's not actually from Ikea, but an even cheaper version. But it's the same piece of furniture.

I too nailed the back bit on wrong when I built it.

:rolleyes:

I can see, looks like you accidentally nailed the back of an Indian restaurant on there. Somewhere there's a curry house with a bit of faux cherry veneer next to the bar.

I can see, looks like you accidentally nailed the back of an Indian restaurant on there. Somewhere there's a curry house with a bit of faux cherry veneer next to the bar.

I like the idea of DIY curry houses. Presumably from INDEA.

Can't be arsed taking pictures, but I have two shelves of TPBs that I actually like, six shoeboxes of comics (mostly Hellblazer) and three massive piles of trades and shit manga that I got to review and have only just got around to eBaying.

I like the idea of DIY curry houses. Presumably from INDEA.

*Groan*

:laugh:

Guest spiderlegs

If I had a shelf as tall as those, I'd be proud. I need one. But when I get that comic store rack, I will put your prefab shelves to shame! Mark my words! Mwa ah ah ah!

Well I tried to take a pic or two but the stupid digital camera doesn't want to work, even when I changed the batteries. It keeps opening and then closing the shutters right away.

You know you need to clean up your gaff when your camera is too scared to actually take any pictures of it.

A real man doesn't clean his room, a real man waits till looks like ground zero of an A bomb testing site then "considers" picking some stuff up.

Much respect to your collection Christian. I would love to browse the collection sometime just to see what all is contained therein.

Here are all of my comics, and yes the tubs they're in are cat litter tubs. They just work really well for comics storage.

That's brilliant — massive respect, Finn.

And it's appropriate to most of the comics that have been published in the last 50 years. (Badoom-tish.)

:laugh: Good one bro!

If you're a fan of Marvel Comics, you'd enjoy it Finn.

I have a lot of DC and a bunch of indies also, but most of my comic collection is Marvel. All the non-Marvel stuff is mid-1980s to present.

I did some quick addition not too long ago and I have over 10,000 comics, but I forget the exact number. That's not counting Trades or Graphic Novels either.

Scientific proof in Pooka's post that boys are more obsessive compulsive when it comes to collecting than girls are. Or else the inconceivable - boys are tidier than girls !!!

(Thankfully my own evidence serves as an exception.)

Her's has a 'day-in-the-life' look about it, Matt kicked things off so I suspect he may have had a recent tidy-up and as I mentioned myself I'm only recently done with a clear-up.

I don't know what excuse the cat-box man has though.

comix.jpg

I had to chuck out all my clothes in order to fit my comics in the wardrobe.

I've got another 3 boxes in the loft, and I left a box in France and a box in Israel.

The 3 comics at the top are the ones on my reading list - sandman endless nights, strange embrace, and (thanks to kejoxen) XIII.

Her's has a 'day-in-the-life' look about it, Matt kicked things off so I suspect he may have had a recent tidy-up and as I mentioned myself I'm only recently done with a clear-up.

nah i work 9 hours a day and live by myself so it's not that had to keep the place tidy.

Scientific proof in Pooka's post that boys are more obsessive compulsive when it comes to collecting than girls are. Or else the inconceivable - boys are tidier than girls !!!

(Thankfully my own evidence serves as an exception.)

No, there's very little difference in the prevalence of OCD between males and females.

Studies show that males tend to have more of a hoarding personality trait than females (most likely due to the hunter/gatherer aspect of the masculine role in primal cultures) and therefore males usually develop OCD earlier in life and have more severly pronounced symptoms than females.

So, there ya go!

I don't have a digital camera here but I've counted 31 short comic boxes worth of books. There are more in magazine-size boxes, and maybe a foot or two of oversized books around the house.

OCD that is my excuse. My problem is that I'm OCD about stupid shit that doesn't really matter like my comic collection. It drives my fiancee' nuts.

OCD that is my excuse. My problem is that I'm OCD about stupid shit that doesn't really matter like my comic collection. It drives my fiancee' nuts.

I'm only like that with my comics. My video games and movies I don't really care about the order. I've tried organizing them and then get to a point be like "Man, fuck this shit!" But when it comes to my comics. Everything has to be in order. Hell I need to move them to the basement, but then I fear that when or IF I want to reread them I will have to go and get them. BLAST THIS CURSE!!!

I don't have a camera and I don't have much of a collection. But I have been enjoying looking at your collections.

They have a name for people like you, Coralys!

St. Finn-It's a joyous occasion anytime I get to organize or reorganize my comics or books!

Like Wolvy, I'm hardly as anal about other stuff.