Kejoxen

Show us your comics

They have a name for people like you, Coralys!

St. Finn-It's a joyous occasion anytime I get to organize or reorganize my comics or books!

Like Wolvy, I'm hardly as anal about other stuff.

Yeah it's a bitch this collectors life we lead! :icon_cry: Oh and Coralys, here in Texas we got camps for people like you and not just names.

The Armadillo dude guards it (see Finn's latest post in the Capt. America Sucks! thread if you have no idea what I mean).

What're those Checker Supreme trades like ? I've vague memories of them getting the negative word, something to do with the binding ?

Quite the selection on your shelves there coralys.

Yeah, they are a bit delicate. If you're the type of reader who treats his books rough, those things won't last long. I'm pretty anal so they've held up fine for me.

Checker are dreadful. Every one of their books that I get to review looks like it's been scanned in by a five-year-old and slapped about in Photoshop.

Checker are dreadful. Every one of their books that I get to review looks like it's been scanned in by a five-year-old and slapped about in Photoshop.

probably not far from the truth, they don't look like they've been taken from the original files/film, more like scanned from the issues with a domestic scanner.

If memory serves, and I'm pretty sure it does, you're spot on there Matt - at least some of the content in those Supreme trades is meant to have come from actual scans of the individual issues.

Scientific proof in Pooka's post that boys are more obsessive compulsive when it comes to collecting than girls are. Or else the inconceivable - boys are tidier than girls !!!

(Thankfully my own evidence serves as an exception.)

No, there's very little difference in the prevalence of OCD between males and females.

Studies show that males tend to have more of a hoarding personality trait than females (most likely due to the hunter/gatherer aspect of the masculine role in primal cultures) and therefore males usually develop OCD earlier in life and have more severly pronounced symptoms than females.

So, there ya go!

So, what you are saying is that boys are tidier than girls.

Just as I thought.

Hehe, I see that SAT book sticking out prominently on your shelf, coralys. Such nostalgia.

Ugh, thanks for reminding about how I haven't studied for a month!

Here's most of them. Got a couple of shelves full of tpbs and graphic novels and such.

P1010077.JPG

I'm thinking Lou's kind of like Jason Lee from Mallrats-"these need backing boards you savage",sweet looking collection Lou.I'm enjoying trying to read the titles everyone is showing here.My own collection pales to all here except for Apathies little stack.

I'm thinking Lou's kind of like Jason Lee from Mallrats-"these need backing boards you savage",sweet looking collection Lou.

Thanks. Yes, every two comics get their own bag and board. Meaning if RakShade#1 came out it would share a bag/board with #2 (on the backside). #3 and #4 would share a bag/board and so on. so each board you see here may contain at least two comics.

It's mind-boggling the way Lou bags and boards his comics!

He gave me some comics, it took me half an hour trying to figure out why he only gave me half of a mini-series.

"Issues #1,3,5?! Where the hell is 2,4,6??? Does Lou have some superstition about buying even numbers of comics?!"

You let your cat walk on your comics?

My cousin, when we were kids, his cat pissed all over his comics.

It's mind-boggling the way Lou bags and boards his comics!

He gave me some comics, it took me half an hour trying to figure out why he only gave me half of a mini-series.

"Issues #1,3,5?! Where the hell is 2,4,6??? Does Lou have some superstition about buying even numbers of comics?!"

You let your cat walk on your comics?

My cousin, when we were kids, his cat pissed all over his comics.

Well I bag 'em that way so that they take up less space in the box.

Yeah, I can't stop the cats from walking, sleeping or puking on my comics.

:spaz:

I just bag and board one comic each. Because normally when you double it, that kind of ruins the comics.

normally when you double it, that kind of ruins the comics.

No, it doesn't.

Quite the selection on your shelves there coralys.

Yeah, and if you look closely you can see the candy Mark sent me for Secret Santa.