Guest Neil Lambess

The nicest thing about owning a movie theatre is

Oh , I'm not directing my opinions to you guys directly. And I don't think that every fan, in every sense of word, has the obligation to accept all the changes done. That's pretty impossible. As I said before, I did the same some time ago, but I reconsidered my position in some way. To be a bit open minded does not mean to accept everything or to agree with everything. Like all things in our life, we have ups and downs. Well, it's only my opinion anyway, like you guys have yours.

But, think, you guys will have a lot of fun if the movie is crap, like be able to come here tell me "we told you so" or FUCK OFF and go away with your fucking shit opinion to hell you bitch... (I'm kidding...) See James, I'm swearing now... :smile: but I need to expand my vocabulary on bad words... can you believe it? It's so fucking a shame that so important topics are not taught in English classes! :biggrin:

Actually, my anger and hatred has boiled down. I've thought about it, and as comic book fans, we accept "Elseworld"/What If? tales, right? We don't think they ruined Batman just because they had a story about "What If Batman was a chef instead of a crime fighter?", do we? No. We think it's stupid and don't buy it and go on purchasing what we do enjoy and like.

Same with this movie. I see it as an "Elseworlds" Hellblazer tale. "What if Hellblazer was about a stupid, Catholic surfer dude?"

As long as it doesn't affect my comic book that I enjoy and love, I'll just ignore the movie.

Personally, I didn't want to see a John Constantine movie, period! If they made a good one, I'd have seen it, yeah. But, it's not something I really wanted. Now, they made one, and it's not very good....so, oh well! Life will go on.

Actually, my anger and hatred has boiled down. I've thought about it, and as comic book fans, we accept "Elseworld"/What If? tales, right? We don't think they ruined Batman just because they had a story about "What If Batman was a chef instead of a crime fighter?", do we? No. We think it's stupid and don't buy it and go on purchasing what we do enjoy and like.

Same with this movie. I see it as an "Elseworlds" Hellblazer tale. "What if Hellblazer was about a stupid, Catholic surfer dude?"

As long as it doesn't affect my comic book that I enjoy and love, I'll just ignore the movie.

Personally, I didn't want to see a John Constantine movie, period! If they made a good one, I'd have seen it, yeah. But, it's not something I really wanted. Now, they made one, and it's not very good....so, oh well! Life will go on.

Great response. My enthusasm boiled down a bit as well so maybe we'll meet somewhere in the middle.

I don't remember that line! Who says it?

I thought Ade was referencing the Robocop TV edit shown in Britain about ten years back, in which instances of the word "motherfucker" were replaced by "melonfarmer."