Sign in to follow this  
TearsInRain

Constanteen writer moves on up

For the lazy:

Unsuccessful assassination attempts have been a theme of this year's SWSX film festival, with fiction and not-fiction films alike tackling the subject. On the fictional front, 'He Was a Quiet Man' kicks off with put-upon office worker Bob Maconel losing the plot and pulling out a gun with the intention of killing everyone who has ignored, bullied or harrassed him at his place of business. Fate intervenes however, and overnight Bob transforms from potential killer to local hero, a change that pushes him yet further over the edge with devastating consequences.

A black comedy come thriller, 'He Was a Quiet Man' is the directorial debut of 'Constantine' screenwriter Frank Cappello, and in spite of the fact that he had just 20 days to shoot the film, he's managed to hit one out of the park right off the bat. Visually arresting, structurally inventive and entirely unpredictable, the film plays like the bastard child of 'Fight Club', 'Brazil' and 'Amelie', and has the potential to be a genuine cult hit if it gets the international release it so obviously deserves.

Also, after years spent in the cinematic wilderness making tat like 'Alone in the Dark' and 'Churchill: The Hollywood Years', it marks a return to form for Christian Slater, who dons a wig and bad teeth to give a truly grandstanding performance as the increasingly unhinged Maconel.

Sounds like my sort of thing. I'll give it a look whever it comes out in Britain.

Hey guys, just wanted to drop by and give you a heads up on this little thing I did this past year. In between my Swamp Thing duties that is...

http://www.timeout.com/film/news/1773.html

Tears

We've had our disagreements in the past, but allow me to say what Goldsman did to your script really sucked.

Hey guys, just wanted to drop by and give you a heads up on this little thing I did this past year. In between my Swamp Thing duties that is...

Sounds alright does that but, while you're here like...Constantine 2, no chance, right ?

On behalf of everyone who joined STH after Constantine came out, who is TearsInRain?

Cookie%20Monster.gif?

And is his screen-name a reference to the last lines of Roy Batty in Bladerunner?

Well linking to the article is a bit of a giveaway, isn't it? So I'm assuming that he's okay with us saying it out loud. Just in case, I'll replace the guy's name with a picture of the Cookie Monster.

Tears: if you're about then let us know whether using your actual name is okay.

Wanted to drop by and give everyone here a heads up on HE WAS A QUIET MAN coming out in the U.K. on December 7th. Not sure how many theaters it will be in but HighFliers Distribution was saying they may have a premiere screening on the 7th if Christian Slater can pry himself from his theatrical duties in London on Swimming With the Sharks. If he can, I'll be there as well.

This is my little baby so if you hate this one, it's all my fault. Unlike Constantine and any other movie we writers do under contract, the ones we do without limitations have the most profound effect on our soul and our lives. I'm proud of the film, proud of what we achieved for less than the catoring budget on most Hollywood productions these days.

Look it up, check it out and if we have the premiere - come on down and buy me a round. Or two.

www.hewasaquietman.com

Frank Cappello

That movie actually sounds kind of interesting. I might check it out.

Now this looks bloody good.

I look forward to this one with baited breath, Frank.

My girlfriend met Slater the other week.

She told me that, "He wasn't all that."

Then, I overheard her telling one of her friends later that, "He was fucking gorgeous."

Sigh.

If you're having the do in Leicester Square she'll be spying on you, as she works there and spies on all the premiers.

Unfortunately, I'll be in Cardiff.

Trailer looks excellent - lovely camerawork, from what I can see. Ace cast, too - William H Macy is always value for money.

Best of luck with it. I'll certainly see it when it hits Britain.

It does look good, although the chances of me getting to the cinema to see it are virtually nil. Here's hoping there's a speedy DVD release.

My girlfriend met Slater the other week.

She told me that, "He wasn't all that."

Then, I overheard her telling one of her friends later that, "He was fucking gorgeous."

Sigh.

I tried to tell Mrs Atticus something similar after standing next to Kirtsy Gallagher at a bar. She saw through me. But nevertheless, it's the right thing to do.

I thought this sounded interesting way back when the Time Out piece was linked to and now I've seen the trailer I'm not disappointed at all.

Big fan of Christian Slater and William H. Macy.

I'll put a word in with head office and see if we can get a copy to screen here at The Little Theatre.