QuietScholar

A Good Horror Comic?

Does anyone know what's going on with Hellraiser? I read the first two volumes and the continuity is a complete clusterfuck. Tiffany, the mute girl from the second movie is a character, but Leviathan is in octahedron form, which he wasn't at the end of that film. The movie Cenobites are alive, and they were dead at the end of that film. Kirstie has become a member of The Harrowers, warriors with medieval weapons who fight for the Magna Mater, Leviathan's opposite and the plot device that ruined the original comics by changing their dynamic from horror to some kind of transdimensional order/chaos struggle. Clive Barker is writing it. It has plenty of mutilated corpses and dense verse but I have a suspicion he's doing it as a Fuck You to a fanbase that won't leave him alone. If anyone can just point out something I've missed that would make this mess appear excellent, that would be super, thanks. Really, I don't get it.

I'd suspect it's more a "fuck you, I can get easy money elsewhere" to a publisher who've told him that he can get lost after finishing Abbarat because they're sick of waiting for him to finish The Scarlet Cantos, myself.

Never even heard of that one, Ade. Is it worth a look for the script as well as the Fabry?

So far so good, but only one issue.

From the covers, it looks like it is going along the lines of American Horror Story.

The Courtyard by Alan Moore.

So this 'The Occultist' can be a good horror comic, now that Hellblazer is finishing, is it what you are trying to say?

Is it based on a movie, TV show, or video game? I thought that the only non-DCU titles being published by DC were spin-off books, hence why it wouldn't be under the Vertigo label.

Huh. That is strange.

So are they just burning it off with no promotion, I guess? I remember looking for this when it came out, but the shop didn't have it.

... So this 'The Occultist' can be a good horror comic, now that Hellblazer is finishing, is it what you are trying to say?

If you mean me, then no.

But this is pretty damn good: Defoe by Pat Mills and Leigh Gallagher.

original.jpeg