JohnMcMahon

Constantine : A Video Game by Sci Games

Based on the DC Comics/Vertigo Hellblazer graphic novels and with all the supernatural thrills of the highly anticipated Warner Bros. Pictures film, this action horror game literally takes you to Hell and back! You are cast as irreverent mystic detective John Constantine™ and must embark on an investigation in a world of demons and angels that exists just beneath the landscape of contemporary Los Angeles. Caught up in a series of catastrophic events, it is imperative that you seek out and destroy pure evil - before peace on Earth is destroyed forever!

Formats : PS2 & X-Box

Official Game Site Here

THQ and SCi Entertainment Group Sign Exclusive Agreement for U.S. Publishing of Constantine

CALABASAS HILLS, Calif., Dec. 20 /PRNewswire/ -- THQ and SCi Entertainment Group have signed an exclusive agreement naming THQ the North American publisher for the "Constantine" video game, licensed by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and DC Comics, and based on the Warner Bros. Pictures film. The game is scheduled to be released for the PlayStation® 2 computer entertainment system and Xbox® video game system from Microsoft in February 2005 in conjunction with the film's release.

Based on the DC Comics/Vertigo Hellblazer graphic novels, the supernatural thriller Constantine tells the story of John Constantine (Keanu Reeves), a man who has literally been to hell and back. When he teams up with skeptical policewoman Angela Dodson (Rachel Weisz) to solve the mysterious suicide of her twin sister, their investigation takes them through the world of demons and angels that exists just beneath the landscape of contemporary Los Angeles. Caught in a catastrophic series of otherworldly events, the two become inextricably involved and seek to find their own peace at whatever cost.

The video game will closely follow the script of the movie, allowing gamers to play as John Constantine in third-person mode. The story will move between the planes of Earth and "Hell L.A." introducing terrifying enemies from the movie as well as new enemies created for the game. Players will encounter an arsenal of horrific artifacts including The Crucifier, the Holy Shotgun, and the Shroud of Moses.

I'm still hoping that they'll have an unlockable blonde, trenchcoated character model as a treat for finishing the game. Come on, someone in the development company must be a fan of the comic, surely?

Maybe it'll be like the first "Metroid". After you beat the game, you can unlock the REAL John Constantine wearing nothing but bra and panties! :lol:

I might get this game if it's cheap enough. Whether or not I play it much depends on how fun it is and how much patience I have for it.

[ The story will move between the planes of Earth and "Hell L.A."

You mean there is a difference between Hell and L.A.?

I wonder if the 4 month delay of the movie was in part to let the video game get finished as a successful video game may bring a bigger profit margin than the movie.

I'm still hoping that they'll have an unlockable blonde, trenchcoated character model as a treat for finishing the game. Come on, someone in the development company must be a fan of the comic, surely?

This is entirely the reason they didn't release it on PC. They know damn well that if it was released on PC, someone would make a blonde Constantine model, and it would be downloaded 20,000 times.

Moving to Hell A? Gee, I bet that won't be at all like the Silent Hill games.

I'll be buying it, and probably the game guide, and sending them off to a friend who actually owns an XBox for review.

Gamespot also have a new first-look piece on the game.

"So far, Constantine looks promising. The gameplay seems interesting, and the presentation features some decent flourishes. The story seems to complement the film well, and it's poised to include some nice touches that should catch the attention of Hellblazer followers."

They know what they're talking about when it comes to video games, if nothing else ;)

They know what they're talking about when it comes to video games, if nothing else  ;)

Maybe. There are rumors (specifically because they declared WoW the Second Coming of Christ) that their reviews can be paid for.

They know what they're talking about when it comes to video games, if nothing else  ;)

Maybe. There are rumors (specifically because they declared WoW the Second Coming of Christ) that their reviews can be paid for.

but.. but World of Warcraft is the second coming, isn't it?

I haven't heard those rumblings John - could you point me in the direction of im ? WoW has been getting very strong reviews all over the web, it's hardly a Driv3r situation.

So the likeness of Gavin, Keanu, and Tilda will be in the game. I haven't heard if it'll be the actor's actual voices used in the game...probably not as the cost might be too high. Too bad the game makers can't afford the sense of humour to give the Keanu likeness a British accent. I also haven't heard anything about Shia's Chaz being in the game. However that might be a good thing as the first thing most players would do is shoot him with the Holy Shotgun.

John - looks like you might've been right man, Gamespot has voted WOW as their game of the year, raising many eyebrows in the process.

I've a big redesign of the site rolling out over January, been working on it for months (cause I'm a right lazy bastard and it takes me agggeeesss to get anything done), that'll include a section on the video game. I am doing this for the sole purposes of scoring a copy for 'review purposes'.

Here's the latest on the game -

Videogame Talent Announced for Constantine

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, THQ and SCi today announced the talent line-up secured for the Constantine videogame, which is based on the upcoming film from Warner Bros. Pictures, set for release in February 2005, and the DC Comics/Vertigo Hellblazer graphic novels.

Keanu Reeves, Tilda Swinton, Gavin Rossdale and Max Baker have their likeness recreated in this explosive third person action game. Players will be able to assume the title role of the film's protagonist John Constantine (Reeves) in the game.

Inspired by the DC Comics/Vertigo Hellblazer graphic novels, with all the supernatural thrills of the highly anticipated film, you are cast as irreverent mystic detective John Constantine and must embark on an investigation in a world of demons and angels that exists just beneath the landscape of contemporary Los Angeles. Caught up in a series of catastrophic events, it is imperative that you seek out and destroy pure evil -- before peace on Earth is destroyed forever.

Constantine is scheduled to release for the Sony PlayStation®2 and Microsoft Xbox™ in conjunction with the film release in February 2005.

Hollywood Movie Cast Joins Constantine Game

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, THQ and SCi announced today that they have secured the Constantine movie talent to be featured in the game, based on the upcoming film from Warner Bros. Pictures.

Keanu Reeves, Tilda Swinton, Gavin Rossdale and Max Baker have their likenesses recreated, and players will be able to assume the title role of the film's protagonist John Constantine (Reeves) in the game.

Based on the DC Comics/Vertigo Hellblazer graphic novels and Warner Bros. feature film, the supernatural thriller Constantine tells the story of John Constantine, a man who has literally been to hell and back. When he teams up with skeptical policewoman to solve the mysterious suicide of her twin sister, their investigation takes them through the world of demons and angels that exists just beneath the landscape of contemporary Los Angeles.

Constantine is a third-person action game taking you to the dregs of "Hell L.A." and the depths of its demonic world, with bullets flying and no mercy given as you seek answers to this mystery. Closely following the movie script, Constantine will move between the planes of Earth and "Hell L.A." where you will fend off monsters from the movie, as well as all new creatures exclusive to the game. Players will encounter an arsenal of horrific artifacts including The Crucifier, the Holy Shotgun, and the Shroud of Moses.

Constantine is scheduled to be released for the PS2 and Xbox in February 2005, simultaneously with the film's release.

Why's that? From what I can see, the Hollywood movie cast HAVE joined the Constantine game.

I think that Keanu, Tilda, etc have just allowed the use of their likeness and are not offering the actual use of their voices for the videogame. A wonderful irony would be to have a British voice-over actor impersoninating Keanu's American performance of a British character.

Good link Shanice - the Babelfish translation is half-gibberish (as usual) but it does indeed say that they're making a PC version! I've an e-mail address in work for one of the chaps at Sci-Games, will have to drop him a line next week.