JohnMcMahon

Constantine : A Video Game by Sci Games

Well if it's a British game company, surely one of those guys would have pushed them to make a proper Constantine character model as an unlockable secret or something.

Well, I can translate it John but it doesn't say much interesting though, just a review. the comments under the article are very funny though. Someone says that the guy of the screenshots resembles Neo (while in the article they mention Keanu is the screenshot) ..Another says : Geez, ever heard of Keanu Reeves? Then that guy says: Well, he's NOT the guy who played Neo...LOL

I don't get that whole third person shooter (?) thing btw. See i can't even let creatures like Lara Croft walk properly...But I see Angela too. So can you choose between them with who you want to play? Or will John and Angela just meet each other?

Nah, it seems like you'll only control Constantine, but the others will appear in cut-scenes between levels.

Mind you, Angela's a bit handy with a pistol, and has a superpower of sorts, so who knows?

I don't know if this has already been posted and I missed it, so ignore if it has, but Playstation2 Magazine this month has a DVD with some footage of Constantine: The Game. I quote:

"Good news is dull-as-a-plank thespian Keanu "Spanky" Reeves is replaced by a lookalike in this digital spin-off of his new vampire packed blockbuster. This actually looks rather good, although further playtesting will reveal the truth."

Then there's about a minutes worth of so-so footage, then it finishes with "inspired by the highly anticipated film."

The new "X-Men" video game has movie stars from the X-Men movie doing voices for the game.

Budget constraints have made it so that only Shia will be doing ALL the voices in this video game. You'll be pleased to know that he's doing his best Cockney accent for John (yeah, it was the only British accent he knew....).

EDIT:Wait! Are there vampires in this movie too????

from that link above :

"When he sees a puddle of water, Constantine can transport from one dimension to another."

:D well, at least we know it'll be true to the movie...]

another gem :

"He can use a special second sight, Demon Vision, to determine which demons are disguised as humans, often with a comical result. You might walk up to a nurse and a doctor having a happy little conversation ("Yeah, it's time for this patient to get a shot," "I'll check the records on this one," "The office party should be fun tonight" -- and other mundane office talk), and switching to Demon Vision, you'll notice that the nurse is actually a hideous beast just waiting to kill the doctor. Almost like real life!"

"When John sees a puddle of water he can't help but jump in. You see, he wants to splash, he can't help himself. BUT, when he does, he is transported to another dimension. It is the great battle of the human against himself!"

That second quote..... :lol: ....No, there's nothing humourous about it, other than the fact that that writer found that sentence to be humourous!

Thanks, Nettie! You're our link with up-to-date news!

from that link :

"The Hellblazer graphic novels from DC/Vertigo have had a cult following in the past, but they are sure to break into the mainstream with the cinematic release of Constantine starring a post-Neo Keanu Reeves as supernatural investigator John Constantine. The movie is set for release next month with the game following in March, but luckily TVG managed to get hold of a preview of the game so we could experience what it’s like to go to Hell and back a few times – and we don’t mean going to Grimsby on a rainy day in January… "

"In the graphic novels, Constantine is an investigator of paranormal activity who roots out the demonic forces that are traversing planes of reality from Earth to Hell – think of The Exorcist with and attitude and guns and you’re half way there. Exorcising demons and wiping out the forces of Hell is pretty much a day at the office for Constantine, whilst travelling on business generally means crossing the planes of reality to the flaming underworld of Hell itself."

oh, boy, you' think they'd research it a bit more - a simple googling would come up with McMahon's site, or Goodrich's... tsk tsk tsk...

and look :

"The game (like the film) is set in a very moody, dark and depressive Los Angeles, and could have been the location of the movie Se7en such is the strong oppressive atmosphere."

more Fincher references! oh goody!

"Holy Water Bombs – These may sound like Holy Hand Grenades of Antioch, but in fact they can reveal a half-breed demons true form"

blimey!

also of note :

"The game has a soundtrack that uses drum beats and bass together with choral “Omen” style chants to create an unnerving ambience that helps to pull together the various strands in the game such as the religious imagery in both a modern day setting and the depths of Hell itself. It’s precisely the sort of music that you’d expect to hear in Constantine, and whilst in someway the soundtrack is kind of predictable, the fact is that you can’t really imagine any other music that could complement the game any better."

Hey, John, how's the deal with scoring a copy of thew game by adding a section of the site dedicated to it progressing?

I've been talking to a couple of guys at the developers (Bits Corp) and they seem like nice chaps - the UK version of the game is actually going to be held up because of the delayed release of the movie here.

so, you might get one before it comes, to have a chance to play it over and write a nice objective review, from the wiievpoint of a HB fan?