Sign in to follow this  
Ocean

International Poster Online

Look, can all you Keanu fans get this straight ?

It is not a "nice poster of Keanu", it is a SHIT CONSTANTEEN POSTER.

Okay ?

:cool:

Looks a bit smudged and odd to me. Not a fan of the prominent shotgun or cross symbol. That Hitler haircut is weird - presumably the result of wind blowing his bonce about.

Wasn't there a picture of Kanoo walking along without the gun that looked identical to this ? I mean, I know he looks similar to himself all the time, but it reminded me of one of the early promo pics.

Shame those pesky kids didn't go for a Bradstreet.

As much as I'd like to see a bit more money going into Tim's back sky-rocket, I'm releived that his art work won't be sullied by this turd.

That said it can't be as bad as The Punisher!

At least that one is "dynamic".

They look more like lobby cards than the poster.

If this is the best they can do, I very much hope that they go with the original one, with the silhouette and demons.

I can't believe that after all this time seeing Keanu Reeves as "John Constantine" still makes me angry.

I appreciate the delicate situation that Jon Vankin and Karen Berger are in but, fucking hell, who're they trying to kid?

You.

I'm wondering whether these posters are just elaborate jokes, complete with fake press releases sent to the Sun. Because frankly, they're fucking shit.

I like this one better than the other. Maybe because the gun is a bit more discrete and it not have the shade of Angela in the background. If it was to place another character in the poster they would have to do that in a more complete way, not only a small shade like in that one.

The colors and the idea are following the same style, they are only focusing the main character, nothing more, and it's very clean, what I like. Without that cross thing, only with Keanu standing there, this one would be great.

In Murder One they put forthcoming release bookcovers up on the wall, and February has "Constant(een) with the silly pic of Kanoo and his flying in the air, with Hell behind him. Except that you can't see it is Hell, because the pic is all Kanoo.

Either they are using a load of dummy publicity or their publicity people are dummies.

I hate this poster as well but unfortunately it is the way movies sell outside of the U.S. - with GUNS in the frame. You can go to any film market - AFI, Cannes, etc.. and see poster after poster of films with the posed actors toating guns. Why? Because the marketing "geniuses" have been doing this long enough to know their audience and know what sells. They don;t do it as much in America these days because of the backlash of selling violence - or sex ... so we get the more tasteful posters and trailers. Blame it on the audience, not the salesmen.

I hate this poster as well but unfortunately it is the way movies sell outside of the U.S. - with GUNS in the frame.  You can go to any film market - AFI, Cannes, etc.. and see poster after poster of films with the posed actors toating guns.  Why?  Because the marketing "geniuses" have been doing this long enough to know their audience and know what sells.  They don;t do it as much in America these days because of the backlash of selling violence - or sex ... so we get the more tasteful posters and trailers.  Blame it on the audience, not the salesmen.

Tsss. Don't make me put up a list of all the marketing blunders made by American companies targeting foreign markets...

They don't do much 'research' at all. It's mostly assumption and conjecture, based on our more tolerant attitude towards sex, violence and strong language in stories. So, as a reward, we get the tacky posters... Bah.

I hate this poster as well but unfortunately it is the way movies sell outside of the U.S. - with GUNS in the frame.  You can go to any film market - AFI, Cannes, etc.. and see poster after poster of films with the posed actors toating guns.  Why?  Because the marketing "geniuses" have been doing this long enough to know their audience and know what sells.  They don;t do it as much in America these days because of the backlash of selling violence - or sex ... so we get the more tasteful posters and trailers.  Blame it on the audience, not the salesmen.

This is not the first time I've heard that movies with gunplay do well internationally.

The two wrongest things about that are

(1) seeing "the rest of the world" as some homogenous thing (French movie posters tended to be rather lovely)

(2) since the salespeople are supposed to influence the audience, and indeed are paid to do so, if you blame the audience then salespeople are worthless.

Oh... wait a minute ...

I hate this poster as well but unfortunately it is the way movies sell outside of the U.S. - with GUNS in the frame.  You can go to any film market - AFI, Cannes, etc.. and see poster after poster of films with the posed actors toating guns.  Why?  Because the marketing "geniuses" have been doing this long enough to know their audience and know what sells.  They don;t do it as much in America these days because of the backlash of selling violence - or sex ... so we get the more tasteful posters and trailers.   Blame it on the audience, not the salesmen.

The two wrongest things about that are

(1) seeing "the rest of the world" as some homogenous thing (French movie posters tended to be rather lovely)

(2) since the salespeople are supposed to influence the audience, and indeed are paid to do so, if you blame the audience then salespeople are worthless. Oh... wait a minute ...

It's hard to realize sometimes when you're wrong but you are. I'm not saying I like it but American films have always sold better in foreign markets IF they are based on non verbal action = no translation necessary. These are not idiots or creative individuals creating trends - they are psych majors that follow trends and try and capitilize on them to help squeeze every dollar they can from the market. They try it one way, it fails - they try it another - BAM - money pours in. So being that they are in the movie BUSINESS, which way do you think they'll lean? You can cuss me out all you want but it doesn;t change the basic fact - you tailor your marketing campaign to your audience and foreign audiences for American movies respond more to the films with action and weapons. If they didn't, it would have changed long ago.

I was not "cussing" *you* "out" I was cussing them and their lowest common denominator shit "out". Of course I am happy to include guilt by association in the mix.

Just saw another International Poster from Yahoo - Taiwan (source Keanuweb.com)

Now I dig this one...

Edited to put the real link. Thanks James and Shanice. Hope it works.

466.jpg

Image won't work, Ocean. If it appears on your PC it's probably because it's in the website cache. Link to the page for the image you want to link to.

Much better. Still feels a bit odd having a tiny Rachel Weisz in the bottom left corner, though. And I still hate that tag line.

Yep.

I am more convinced than ever that the Keanu pic ones are mock-ups for early publicity. Both this one and the one with the demon backdrop are better.

They should put more guns in it though.

For Tears' sake.