Apparently Sam Jackson WILL be playing Nick Fury. I knew that would happen eventually. BAD ASS.

Hopefully that means a Jackson-as-Fury spinoff...

In terms of action the CG in those films wasn't that inspiring either, wheras the Daredevil film really nailed his echo sense visually (Sort of make or break for a Daredevil movie).

I'd go along with that: I thought that the scene with the umbrella in the graveyard was wonderful.

Elektra and Kingpin were horribly miscast, but Matt, Foggy and Bullseye were good enough for me.

Besides Farrels crap (I'm no fan) he installed enough menace and personally Bullseye works better onscreen then the Green Goblin did.

I wouldn't go along with that: Michael Clarke Duncan was the best thing in the film by a mile. Note perfect, I'd have said.

The trailer is fucking rad... i would never have thought they use black sabbath... very cool... I think with all th edisagreement I have to put in a voice of reason that nobody hears to often I don't care if you make an adaption but do it love of the character don't do it for money or for the experience do it because you dreamed when you were a kid you were that character... I think john is doing exactly that..

In terms of action the CG in those films wasn't that inspiring either, wheras the Daredevil film really nailed his echo sense visually (Sort of make or break for a Daredevil movie).

I'd go along with that: I thought that the scene with the umbrella in the graveyard was wonderful.

Elektra and Kingpin were horribly miscast, but Matt, Foggy and Bullseye were good enough for me.

Besides Farrels crap (I'm no fan) he installed enough menace and personally Bullseye works better onscreen then the Green Goblin did.

I wouldn't go along with that: Michael Clarke Duncan was the best thing in the film by a mile. Note perfect, I'd have said.

Hey a blast from the past!

To be fair he wasn't given enough time or space to do much.

I just couldn't connect with his/the film's portrayal of Fisk.

I couldn't find any of that fierce malignant and manipulative Kingpin genius in what little screentime he was allowed.

Personally he was never allowed to rise above the jumped up thug role.

They used the actors presence and baggage as a shortcut for real character work.

Personally, cigar chomping and rose shenanigans aside he didn't even appear as if he relished the role.

DogPoet please ellaborate!

Imagine Ving Rames in his stead.

If they still wanted a black Kingpin, I'd have thought that would have been closer.

In retrospect, the um...Chiglis dude who played the Thing would have been my note perfect.

I thought it sounded stupid, and then I saw the trailer, and I realize I've been living in darkness my whole life.

One question though, hw does one with a fatal injury assemble a glowing thingie and embeds it in one's chest? Or was that the word of Stark's captors?

To be fair he wasn't given enough time or space to do much.

I just couldn't connect with his/the film's portrayal of Fisk.

I couldn't find any of that fierce malignant and manipulative Kingpin genius in what little screentime he was allowed.

Personally he was never allowed to rise above the jumped up thug role.

They used the actors presence and baggage as a shortcut for real character work.

Personally, cigar chomping and rose shenanigans aside he didn't even appear as if he relished the role.

DogPoet please ellaborate!

He has this magisterial brooding presence which is what I always got from the Kingpin in the Miller comics: somebody whose arrogance and conceit has such immense gravity that it deforms reality around him. That may have a whiff of the jumped up thug to it (which was, after all, Fisk's roots in Spiderman in any case), but Duncan brings it off perfectly.

(And that whole "We only represent the innocent"/"everybody's guilty of something" could so easily be from Miller it's untrue...)

Tony Stark was dying of his injuries, and his captors claimed they would save his life if he would just build them a superweapon. Knowing that Commie-Terrorist-Kidnappers are all notorious liars, Tony realized that they had no way to save him and would allow him to die after he did their bidding, so he used his last moments to build something to save his life, and he had help from a techno-genius who had been imprisoned as an enemy of the State/Allah/Decency....

I agree with Dog's take on Kingpin.

I thought oooh Black Sabbath, Robert Downey Jr- How cool!

And then i saw the trailer.

Not my type of film.

Sorry, that's just retarded. It's a fucking man in a metal suit that blows stuff up. I can't possibly see in what way your expectations could've been changed for the worse by that 1:30min trailer.

Mark (and Kejoxen):

I didnt really know about Iron Man except how his suit looked, so i wasnt excepting anything, wheter it be positive or negative.

But exactly a guy in a metal suit isnt my type of thing. Robots are cool, and knights as well, but his first armor was cumbersome, whereas with the second he can fly. I hate it when they fly :p

It just looks odd and i know i cant explain it to you properly.

I will watch it again tomorrow and see if i can pinpoint whats causing my dismay.

Edit: I think its just that i cant imagine him in a metal suit either way. It looks...funny :)

Or is there something i should know about the character?

Because a guy promoting weapons then building an armor for himself, improving on that for any reason he has is just unconceivable to me. Really.

Well, no, but it doesn't sound like you had any expectations about Iron Man at all, since if you knew the basic concept of the character, you'd realize it wouldn't be your thing.

Iron Man's a guy in a metal suit who flies around blowing things up.

You're pretty much saying, "My expectations for this movie called "Iron Man" was that Iron Man would not be in this movie."

Well, no, but it doesn't sound like you had any expectations about Iron Man at all, since if you knew the basic concept of the character, you'd realize it wouldn't be your thing.

I didnt really know about Iron Man except how his suit looked, so i wasnt excepting anything, wheter it be positive or negative.

I thought oooh Black Sabbath, Robert Downey Jr- How cool!

That reads like an expectation to me.

Maybe he's a fan of Ted Hughes.

And James manages to raise the intellectual level of the discussion a few notches yet again. Good work.

Kejoxen: Hehe :)

No, really, i knew near to nothing about how the comic is, i just read some comments before watching the trailer, and only then realized that the most significant thing, meaning to what BS plays and what Downey is representing, is not my kind of thing.

Thus, what you are referring to is rather Interest than Expectation.

Maybe he's a fan of Ted Hughes.

And James manages to raise the intellectual level of the discussion a few notches yet again. Good work.

They already filmed that one (with plenty of cgi and Vin Diesel rather than Robert Downey Junior), did they not?

Hag,

if you liked the human parts of Robocop then you'll like the Iron Man story.

If a 90 second trailer puts you off then ...

128-1.jpg

I heard were going to be seeing some of the avengers too I guess hillary swank is going to be black widow... and nic fury will be played by samuel l jackson

I watched the animated film yesterday, it was ok for the price i got it for but slightly dissapointing too much ancient chinese bullshit not enough high tech ass kicking.

Looking forward to the movie the armour looks brilliant, i noticed the armour has a stealth mode on the video game trailers (basically turns into the stealth armour which was originally i seperate armour in the comics) wander if this will be included in the film?