You're going to try to build a suit of armor using items around the home, aren't you?

Don't do it man. Commoners can't afford to smash their floors and walls and ceilings whenever they leave.

I'll be surprised if The Dark Knight comes close, to be honest. The hype around Ledger's "final performance" might give it a bit of a buzz, and I'm sure it'll have the critics raving, but you need to remember that Batman Begins didn't actually set box offices aflame, and sequels rarely outperform their precedessors.

I'd love to be wrong, though (providing the film lives up to expectations, of course).

I'm expecting a great deal from The Dark Knight in terms of quality but I don't expect it will be breaking any box office records. That Jones fella might though.

You're going to try to build a suit of armor using items around the home, aren't you?

Don't do it man. Commoners can't afford to smash their floors and walls and ceilings whenever they leave.

20080426.jpg

20080502.jpg

Watched Iron Man last thursday and again yesterday, what a great movie, had a blast watching it on both occasions. Everything looks and feels right , the armors, the fights, the girls, the humor, everything. Downey Jr. is just perfect as Tony Stark and Samuel L. Jackson puts the icing on the cake as Fury in the bit after the credits. Best superhero movie done so far in my book.

You'll never guess what I just saw.

I was flipping through channels, and I saw a feature on Iron Man, so I stopped and watched. I didn't notice it was FOX News at first.

There was a guy on there ranting and raving about how Iron Man is anti-Capitalism.

He was saying, "It's the same old thing. We've been seeing this since It's a Wonderful Life. The corporation is evil. The head of the corporation is evil, ruining lives."

....The movie is about the multi-billionaire CEO of a corporation who is the hero.

I saw the film on thursday and loved every second of it, I HAVE to see it again.

But now theres the long long wait for the DVD (or hopefully BluRay).

Trust a Norwegian geekboy to ACTUALLY BUILD a suit... (No, not me...)

TMP_IRONMAN_COSTUME_ARMOR_FAN_MADE2.jpg

FANMANDE_ARMOR_3.jpg

You're just playing hard to get.

Finally got to see the film, it was great. A sequel from the same people would be appreciated.

Ditto. Ironically (pun intended) I liked the Stan Lee cameo. Much better than the 3rd X-Men, Spider-Man 3 or the 2'nd Fantastic 4 movie.

Where was that btw? Who did Lee play, and in what scene?

He was at one of the big parties, with a model on each arm. Tony greeted him as "Hef".

I and about 10% of the audience I saw it with stayed right to the end of the credits and saw Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury. Really one only for the fanboys though.

I did!

He was at one of the big parties, with a model on each arm. Tony greeted him as "Hef".

Ah, so that WASN'T Hugh Hefner? Nice :laugh: