Sign in to follow this  
Christian

Religion and Superheroes

Frank Miller seems to think so.

A while back there was aother one of these lists but with political parties. Iron Man and Batman were republicans it said, does anyone know where that went?

Except since Luthor was Prez, I'm thinking Bruce went democratic and Stark...Well, you know what happened to Cap. America.

Yes, we all know that Iron Man is one of the scarier breed of Republicans....

But, that thread talking about superheroes and their politics does seem to have disappeared. I did a search for it and found nothin'.

I did find this, perhaps the most oft-kilter discussion we've ever had here, I do believe. It started out talking about Vertigo's abominable series Angeltown and quickly (out the sheer horror of talking about Angeltown) turned into a conversation about X-Men, Brian Azzarello, gay movie actors, and the Pope. Extremely funny.

http://hellblazer.ipbhost.com/index.php?sh...mp;hl=Angeltown

I have no idea why that showed up in my search.

Right. But, the guy who tried to cut his dick off is referred to as a "priest" in the Special, isn't he? So, that'd make him Catholic, not Anglican.

That's what I was saying Christian (possibly not very clearly, for which I apologise): if the sort with a razor was the first priest Constantine met, then he must have been raised within the Anglican church, where they have vicars rather than priests, y'see?

There's also the fact that the clerical sidekick Ennis introduced for him was CofE as well, though that may have more to do with Ennis' bile against the Catholic church than anything else.

I think that makes sense, Dogpoet. When I read that line "The first priest I ever met..." I understood that he wasn't raised Catholic.

Oh, OK. You were referring to Constantine as an Anglican, not the priest. I thought you were saying the priest was an Anglican, because the Anglican church only has Vicars, which makes no sense. I'm pretty sure Jay was confused in the same manner and that's why he thought you were making a joke about Anglicans earlier.

I always assumed that John was raised Anglican. After all, it isn't just Catholics that have ownership of guilt!

It's insane, it's like the 'person' who maintains that website is using the fact that it was quoted here to reinforce the drivel.

I'm very offended by them misprisioning my comments in this manner: I never make "humorous" references to circumcision.