Benny Fanboy

Punisher Kills the Marvel Universe

I was looking for some issues of Ennis' Marvel Knights stuff, and saw this for £20 in the catalogue.The title alone has me thrilled and I was wondering what this is, if it's worth tracking down etc...

Cheers

I was looking for some issues of Ennis' Marvel Knights stuff, and saw this for £20 in the catalogue.The title alone has me thrilled and I was wondering what this is, if it's worth tracking down etc...

Cheers

I think I have this somewhere, twenty quid really is way too much for it, as it's not that good. basically a "what if?" story in which the Punisher's wife and kids are killed in a superhero vs supervillain skirmish, so instead of killing criminals, Punisher starts killing every last superbeing on earth.

I was looking for some issues of Ennis' Marvel Knights stuff, and saw this for £20 in the catalogue.

What catalogue is this now ? I haven't read it but £20 sounds like far too much for a pretty thin one-shot that was republished there a short which back. Quite possibly bundled in with something else...which could be what's on offer for £20...it's all a blur!

John, unless it might be a back-issue that the comic shops have run the price through the roof. It might've been under-printed or something, and is now actually worth that much in the backissue bends. I'm pretty sure it's not available to order from Marvel anymore, but is probably collected in a Trade.

Find the "Punisher:The End" one-shot if you want a REALLY good "what if?" Punisher story! Punisher doesn't just kill a bunch of super heroes and super villains. Track it down and see what happens in that book, I guarantee you will not be disappointed!

You have the MAX stuff Benny? That's some good Punisher right there. 11 issues in, plus the afformentioned "The End" story and "Born". I'm liking this much more than the MK stuff.

Guest Guest
You have the MAX stuff Benny? That's some good Punisher right there. 11 issues in, plus the afformentioned "The End" story and "Born". I'm liking this much more than the MK stuff.

Yeah, that's what got me interested! Looking forward to the final part of Kitchen Irish! The End's in my friendly neighbourhood comic shop, so I'll grab that next week.

Ahh The Punisher! Might get me some more of his stuff soon. Read through Born, The Cell and Mother Russia last year, I think then some of you guys told me that the character had had its low points throughout the years, think someone mentioned this story as one of those low points but I dont remember for certain...

It's pretty terrible, I'd have said. Nothing like the Max stuff, and certainly not worth twenty quid.

The Cell is one of the best Punisher stories ever. The End was good, as was Punisher Kills The Marvel U. I'm really fond of Born, too, but The Cell takes the cake.

Find the "Punisher:The End" one-shot if you want a REALLY good "what if?" Punisher story! Punisher doesn't just kill a bunch of super heroes and super villains. Track it down and see what happens in that book, I guarantee you will not be disappointed!

Co-sign on that recomendation. "Punisher: The End" is one of my favorites, followed by "the Cell" (which reads like a prequel to "the end").

Get the hardcover collection of Ennis' first storyline, "Welcome Back Frank." It includes the "Punisher Kills The Marvel Universe," and it'll be much cheaper since the HC is readily in print. Plus, you'll get a GOOD Punisher story along with it to wash out the craptacular aftertaste afterwards.