Pretty good trailer. I could use a little more skull on the chest though. It's just a bit too subtle. That dude looks like he could make a good Punisher.

Saw the trailer for the first time today, felt like Blade with wisae guys in lieu of vampires.

I'm not a Punisher reader, so even though this may be a better Punisher movie, I think I'll end up liking the 2004 version's style better, a sort of contemporary spaghetti western.

If I were a rich movie director, I would be SO FUCKING TEMPTED to make every single possible movie there could be about American heros and myth-figures and the like. In which the actors would be from Yorkshire, Queensland, Ireland and anywhere else with a strong accent. :)

:laugh:

I like your way of thinking, Tig.

Otherwise, I agree with Twilight, not much to go on there, although I think looks wise, he makes a better Punisher than Thomas Jane, he looks older and tougher and more grizzled.

Of course I want to see it.

If I were a rich movie director, I would be SO FUCKING TEMPTED to make every single possible movie there could be about American heros and myth-figures and the like. In which the actors would be from Yorkshire, Queensland, Ireland and anywhere else with a strong accent. :)

I like your way of thinking, Tig.

Otherwise, I agree with Twilight, not much to go on there, although I think looks wise, he makes a better Punisher than Thomas Jane, he looks older and tougher and more grizzled.

Of course I want to see it.

He is an absolutely great actor from what I saw of him in the "Rome" Showtime series. If the story/director are at all good I think he'll pull it off nicely.

It's surprisingly gory; but yeah, the screaming background music and the hanging-

from-the-chandelier

scene both say "aimed at morons".

So frustrating! Such a fantastic comic and it just sucks seeing it pissed all over the screen like that.

I'm going to just pretend it's just a really bad trailer, and be happy.

So frustrating! Such a fantastic comic and it just sucks seeing it pissed all over the screen like that.

Just watch Man on Fire and replace Denzel's name in the movie into Frank Castle.

At least Jigsaw is in it. And they show a brief flashback to Frank and his slain family in the park as it was in the comic. But in the first one didn't they buy it in RoySheider's island bungalo? So we're just gonna start all over again then?

Might as well. They did it with Batman and the Hulk.

Restarting from a new #1 makes a comic book adaptation more authentic. :wink:

Just watch Man on Fire and replace Denzel's name in the movie into Frank Castle.

Not a bad suggestion. Awesome movie. Also has Trent Reznor doing the soundtrack, so that helps.

I just found out who is playing the villain.

How do they expect me to cheer for someone who wants to kill MacNulty?

That's bogus, man.

Quite right!

Wait so jigsaw gets thrown into a meat grinder and only his face gets fucked up? I liked the original idea of him being blown through a plate glass window and just having his face fucked up.

It does look like they are going with gore and shock of Ennis style.

I'm pretty sure that most of that stuff will edited out tho.

So, a guy gets A CHAIR LEG KICKED INTO HIS FUCKING FACE! Another guy gets HIT WITH AN RPG AS HE IS DOING A SUMMERSALT!

Beyond the over-the-top action, which is thoroughly Ennisy, the movie felt dull to me. While Ray Stevenson does look great as Castle, both his portrayal and the way he's written are wanting. Rather than being depicted as a cold executioner with a determination to spare the innocent, he's portrayed too sympathetically as an individual troubled by the task he'd taken on. He becomes a mess and

tried to retire early on when he kills an undercover FBI agent

, also, he

shoots a guy in the face with a shotgun as a little girl watches

, which I don't imagine The Punisher doing.

There's a bunch of characters from Punisher MAX, the Black Irish gangster and the Romanian slavers (now Russian biological arms dealers) and the cop that looked like Sam Jackson from 'Widowmaker' who -and I say this as someone who thoroughly thought Widowmaker was subpar- bares no resemblance to the character whatsoever, aside from the name and being black. I'm an unreasonable fellow, I know, but I find that to be somewhat insulting.

Microchip is also in it, mostly as fan service. Dominic West is disappointing; his Italian accent is ridiculous, and is overall too similar to Nicholson's Joker.

also, he

shoots a guy in the face with a shotgun as a little girl watches

, which I don't imagine The Punisher doing.

Clearly you have not read Andy Diggle's Christmas Special "Silent Night" have you?

Supplemental rant: you can barely see the skull.

And that really does get on my tits.

Think I'll get up early and see it tomorrow.