Spoilers, yo.

Well he

shoots the perp right in the face in front of a gaggle of orphans while dressed as Santa Claus

. It's cooler than it sounds.But you're right, it's not something I really think of Frank as doing. In...Mother Russia was it? Didn't he jack some dude up hardcore in front of a little girl but he was like, "Close your eyes and don;t open them until I tell you." and then proceeded to rip the shit out of homeboy?

Spoilers, yo.

Well he

shoots the perp right in the face in front of a gaggle of orphans while dressed as Santa Claus

. It's cooler than it sounds.But you're right, it's not something I really think of Frank as doing. In...Mother Russia was it? Didn't he jack some dude up hardcore in front of a little girl but he was like, "Close your eyes and don;t open them until I tell you." and then proceeded to rip the shit out of homeboy?

Was

the perp dressed as Santa, or was it Frank? I hope it was the perp .

And yes, I was thinking of Mother Russia when I said what I said.

So, recommendation or no recommendation? Reviews seem to be down on it but in a way that makes me think it might be a brainless good use of my time...

There is no way I would describe it as a must see, but I wouldn't discourage anyone from seeing it, either.

It is a moronic spectacle of gunfire and arterial spray with the occasional good laugh.

Someone on Ain't It Cool News, someone who opinions on film I half-respect compared it in tone to Starship Troopers, and I think that is a fucking good flick, the author of the source material there would probably be turning in his grave at what Verhoeven did to his book, still thats a favourable comparison as comparisons go.

I shall lower my expectations accordingly but it sounds like I might really like this one.

It is a moronic spectacle of gunfire and arterial spray with the occasional good laugh.

And see, that's all I'm really looking for in a Punisher movie. $0ld.

http://www.chud.com/articles/articles/1724...ZONE/Page1.html

I'm in. Not expecting great art, but I'll be surprised if I'm not solidly entertained throughout. It's very telling that both the positive and negative reviews are pointing out exactly the same things - the extreme violence, lack of character depth, implausibility, vacuous-but-stylish visuals - the only real difference is whether they view those as good or bad things.

Someone on Ain't It Cool News, someone who opinions on film I half-respect compared it in tone to Starship Troopers, and I think that is a fucking good flick, the author of the source material there would probably be turning in his grave at what Verhoeven did to his book, still thats a favourable comparison as comparisons go.

I shall lower my expectations accordingly but it sounds like I might really like this one.

Yeah, I guess Heinlein would have been angry about the way the philosophy of his book was handled, but you have to admit that was a good movie. It was slick, entertaining and funny ( not intentionally funny maybe )

it's not being shown here, which is downright odd, as the local Vue is showing Frost/Nixon and The Wrestler.

I thought I could at least rely on this Hellhole for dumb, violent shit...

Just watched this. hilarious flick. It never quite manages to old the insanity of the first ten or so minutes: first you get McNulty doing the most hilarious "New Yawk" mobster accent ever and then you get the Punisher killing about ten people in twenty seconds which he then follows with another twenty people in roughly a minute to top it off with the glorious chair through the face. After that, it settles down into a very decent braindead action flick, but it's just not as gory and fucked up as the first ten minutes or so (EDIT: That said, the way Frank deals with the parkour dudes is a highlight of the flick in itself). Stevenson is pretty good as Frank Castle but Dominic West really shines as Jigsaw, he just goes over the top so much, he's in the top five of most hammy performances for me, in a good way.

Shi-it muthafucka, the Bushy Top McNulty is in it?

Si, he is Jicksaw.

I can listen to him saying Cristu Bulet and "Get it back, Tomawrah!" all day.

Just watched this. hilarious flick. It never quite manages to old the insanity of the first ten or so minutes: first you get McNulty doing the most hilarious "New Yawk" mobster accent ever and then you get the Punisher killing about ten people in twenty seconds which he then follows with another twenty people in roughly a minute to top it off with the glorious chair through the face. After that, it settles down into a very decent braindead action flick, but it's just not as gory and fucked up as the first ten minutes or so (EDIT: That said, the way Frank deals with the parkour dudes is a highlight of the flick in itself). Stevenson is pretty good as Frank Castle but Dominic West really shines as Jigsaw, he just goes over the top so much, he's in the top five of most hammy performances for me, in a good way.

I would pretty much agree with this entirely.

It's not perfect, but it's very violent, stooopid and highly entertaining.

I bloody loved it.

Only took me a year to see Punisher: War Zone. It was dumb and entertaining. A little too silly for my liking, but still watchable. Ray Stevenson is the best Punisher yet. It was clever the way the title was made relevant to the story, although that might have been a steal from the comics for all I know.

I like the way it feels like at least 4 or 5 completely different movies, smashed together haphazardly into one wildly-inconsistent, gleeful mess. It's not a great film, by any means, but I was thoroughly entertained, and would cheerfully watch it again. Preferably with beer.

I am hoping they make a Punisher game for the 360 or PS3. It could actually work out really well.

I am hoping they make a Punisher game for the 360 or PS3. It could actually work out really well.

Couldn't be too hard, the Punisher game for XBox was a lot of fun.

There is one on ps3, granted its an over the top unreal tournament esq game but i quite enjoyed it.

Frank Castle is getting himself a TV series it seems.

This new take on the vigilante tale recasts Frank Castle as a rising star detective with the New York Police Department who moonlights as the vigilante Punisher, seeking justice for those the system has failed.

Okaaay.

How is it that nobody can seem to make a fucking Punisher show worth a fuck!?!?! And no, I have not seen Warzone yet.

Similarly, I've got an idea for a Punisher Radio Show.

It'a about a struggling mother who drops it all to work as a singer on an ocean liner, only the people she left behind invariably meet her later on Holiday!

Confined to the liner; when a big ship just can't be big enough!, they're forced to work out their differences.

But will she get off at the dock with them?