Sign in to follow this  
Tony B.

I think this is very bad news

Yes that is sickening, and as with all marketing, it makes me angry. Can't the fucking story sell itself on its strengths?.

They probably fell into the idea that , because of the childish excitement all the mooks made a big thing about the STUPIDLY tame Nancy in Sincity, sex* was the way to sell The Spirit. And what is REALLY sad, is that they probably will get people along to the theatre in droves on opening day. By people I wish you to understand I mean scum.

*and when I say sex, I mean the pathetic embarassment that mainstream "oh no you can't show that women have nipples, and the HAIR BETWEEN THEIR LEGS, OH NO, Satan will take us all to hell . . . . eh?, no, those graphic depictions of torture and murder are FINE, what's wrong with you, callous slaughter and automatic weapons MADE this country great, you pinko, but, COVER THE CORPSES BREASTS FOR GODSAKE" America considers sexy.

I don't think mankind would suffer not to ever seen Jessice Alba's mams, honestly.

But seriously, if a woman tells the Spirit to keep his mask on, I'll die soooo happy.

Well, I certainly wouldn't leave her mams on the side of my plate in disdain you understand, but what truly vectors the blood to my naughty spot about her, is

The GLORIOUS skin the lass has. The colour, the tone, the tiny hairs, the sweep of her flank . . . .

Luckily, it is winter here. I am just going outside, I may be some time.

:laugh:

Alright guys I've been doing some research (googling).

This is going to be so wrong.

Miller is good for about 40 percent of the comic, which is the noirish women and the dark elements of the Spirit.

But a good deal of the comic is humor, and as has been said above, the women aren't whores or pimps in the Spirit.

And also the Spirit is deeply tied to the medium.

In short, the Spirit is not really a dark comic, and Frank Miller is an ultra-maroon.

Frank Miller is an ultra-maroon.

Something I figured out years ago. One need only read All-Star Batman.

One need only read All-Star Batman.

An Oirish Black Canary drop kicks a leprachaun through a window, how do you not like that? Where do you get off, you little bastard?

Seriously, though. It's a comedy. Sure, it was a comedy a few issues before Miller decided to write it as one, but still... Batman uses lemonade as a weapon.

But yeah, Miller is a tit.

The villain who schtick was to never be seen is seen in all his Sam Jacksony splendor.

Way to go, Miller.

Went to the movies last night and there was a big display for this. My wife asks, "Oh, is this the new Sin City?" :icon_rolleyes:

But seriously, if a woman tells the Spirit to keep his mask on, I'll die soooo happy.

It's unnecessary, he keeps it on when he swims, when he sleeps, when he disguises himself as an average citizen, the hell he's going to take it off.

Um I looked at the two scenes.

This isn't exactly wrong.

I could very well forget this, but it feels basically like the Spirit.

I mean that fight was played for laughs, and so was the Ellen scene.

I hope I don't have to take that back.

There we go. That's better.

The more I see of this movie the more I dislike it. Although, the women are stunning. Especially Scarlett Johansen.

Sam Jackson aside, it looks like it might be fun. Not good, perhaps, but potentially fun. And, while it's obviously heavily filtered through Miller's over-the-top Sin City-isms, there appears to be more of Eisner's pulp sensibility in this than was apparent from the earlier teasers.

There's even an outside chance I'll actually pay money to see this in the theatre.

Well that was all kinds of awful.

Eisner translated to screen by the anti Eisner.

Souless, charmless and joyless.

Lords of Hollywood, can we please get past this Sin City phase and get back to real film making.

Hopefully this will be the end of director Miller, before he gets to do DKR with Stalolone or Daredevil with Statham.