Sign in to follow this  
Spain

RONIN

From the director of STOMP THE YARD???

ERNNNNHHHHHHHH!!![/sound Darth Vader makes when Luke chops his robot hand off]

o my god.

After seeing what happened with Sin City and what's happening with 300...

Spain, are you excited about this or disappointed?

Personally, I thought Sin City was great but that 300 sucked balls.

I haven't read Ronin so I don't know how I feel about a movie adaptation of it, but the fact that the director of Stomp the Yard is currently attached to the project cannot bode well for the film's quality.

Why hand an unproven director a sci-fi/fantasy film he has no business making?? Is this some more of Hollywood's bullshit affirmative acton at work? Didn't they learn anything from the debacle that was Fantastic Four?

Ronin is not really that good, there's a lot of convergence with his version of Robocop 2.

Can't really work up the energy to give two shits, I'll watch it on dvd 3 years from now.

Ronin's a pretty mediocre comic, with some of the best art Miller's ever produced. I can't see any point at all in adapting it into a film.

I couldn't even be bothered to finish reading the series. I'm sure I wouldn't be able to make it very far into the movie. So, I don't really care about a Ronin movie.

You know, if they're going to fuck up a comic movie, I usually enjoy it to be a comic that I didn't like in the first place, rather than a great comic.

Comics have really become the new source of movie material. In a few years, we're getting there already, it won't be obscure novels that people wonder why they're adapting for the big screen, it'll be obscure comic series.

o my god.

After seeing what happened with Sin City and what's happening with 300...

Spain, are you excited about this or disappointed?

A bit excited, but I meant that it's normal that they are doing all Miller's comics into movies, considering the success the previous one had and are having.

I liked Ronin, but I can't remember it very well. It was like one of those strange mangas...

And you didn't like 300? I loved it, man! I want to see it again!!

*clucks tonuge*

Now, Spain, I nkow you're dead and It must be really frustrating, but that's no excuse to go and act like one of those IMDb people.