JohnMcMahon

Constantine Time

rich bastard, that John ConstanTeen, eh?

two LOL bits :

"He’s no ordinary cop, but a supernatural detective who has literally gone to hell and back in his paranormal investigations."

"A superb watch for a super cop: Hollywood star Keanu Reeves wears an Oris watch, the Modern Classic, in the thriller "Constantine". Reeves thus joins the constellation of stars who have appeared in well-known films wearing Oris watches, such as Meg Ryan, Gwyneth Paltrow, Nicolas Cage, and Harrison Ford, to name but a few."

also - that pic SCREAMS "it's morphin' time!"

Ade, Cushing and Lee could out act K.Reeves as a tag team. unless it was acting as a log. On sleeping pills.

That looks so stupid, wouldn't John bust a gut laughing?. Imagine if someone said " 'ere, John, they made a movie aboutcha, look at this ".

The closest to actual " Calling on arcane powers stance " I can remember, was when he put the fear of (not) god into the young guy, that was after his neice , and it was just a sham.

I really think the only way to watch this movie, is going to be with the sound off, and some friends, so you can provide your own dialogue, aka that American late night mystery theatre thing. make a joke of it.

(When i think how easily the very term New Zealander could have been tainted forever, by Peter Jackson. . . ) :tongue:

Guys, I know it's the way it is in the comic, but I can't see how a tatoo in the butt could be well translated to the big screen... although I would really enjoy seeing Keanu's butt in all it's glorious, and in this case, with or without tatoo. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Better solution then would be to ignore that thing.

The arse tattoo would not make sense to THE GREAT AMERICAN AUDIENCE without the back plot of Swampy being explained. These tattoos - although the old "arms together" looks corny - are no different to those used in "A Game of Cat and Mouse". The design even looks similar to one that John used in that story.

The difference being that these are a permanent fixture and also look really dumb. And the tattoos in that story were just an easy way of putting off the demons whilst he thought up a proper plan, whereas these are a vital part of his exorcising process.

And there's that Holy trinity thing, which I hope is just a figment of my imagination.

Not imagination so much as over-egging the pudding of criticism.

ie Since you have no evidence that it's the trinity thing,

you cannot really use that to slam the film, can you?

Furthermore, the symbolism of a triangle predates christianity by a long time.

What is the strongest shape when building a protective shelter ?

Of course, the same could be said for "how do you know they are permanent tattoos?" but I expect your guess is right on that count.

("Quick, Wakko, get Dot to shoot an extra scene where Constanteen wipes off the temporary tattoo !")

I never criticised the film based on the holy trinity thing, though, and every time I've mentioned it I've made clear that it's something that I've imagined and not neccessarily the truth.

Of course, the same could be said for "how do you know they are permanent tattoos?" but I expect your guess is right on that count.

Do you still have the script? I'm sure they're mentioned in there a couple of times, and since there's no scene where he's observed having the henna (or woad or whatever) inked or washed off, it's not unreasonable to assume that he has them on there all the time.

Besides, there were photos of Keanu in concert with Dogstar (or Beki?) right at the start of filming with the tattoos on both arms. If they're supposed to be temporary, you'd think they would only add them on prior to filming the tattoo scenes rather than making them semi-permanent and risk screwing up continuity by having them visible when they shouldn't be. Unless they filmed all of the tattoo scenes together, I dunno.

So, you frequently bringing up the trinity thing is not intended to add to your criticisms of the film ?

"Oh dear, I hope I am wrong" ?

Okay.

Of course, it could be a reference to Trinity in the Matrix in which case ...

Does anyone who's read the script care to speculate a little about the (blood?) stains on his shirt? How did that happen?

Does anyone who's read the script care to speculate a little about the (blood?) stains on his shirt? How did that happen?

Well my memory's hazy now, but I can have a crack at it.

Keanu's wet, so it's presumably right at the end of the film, after the shotgun/water sprinkler sequence.

It could be Chas' blood, or demon blood, but I'm guessing it's the result of Constantine coughing up lung-bits as his cancer finally starts to claim him.

So, you frequently bringing up the trinity thing is not intended to add to your criticisms of the film ?

Twice. And no.

Of course, it could be a reference to Trinity in the Matrix in which case ...

...it would explain why Keanu looks so pale, thin and unattractive.

are no different to those used in "A Game of Cat and Mouse". The design even looks similar to one that John used in that story.

Have you watched the Best Buy stuff ? There's a bit of concept art (think it airs over the end credits) that's a riff on Bradstreet's cover for #181.

On the blood, and James is probably right cause I've forgotten half the script at this stage, but....

Doesn't that scene take place in the bowling alley right after he finds Beeman dying?  The blood is probably his (Bs).

...it would explain why Keanu looks so pale, thin and unattractive.

Scuse me , Wet Keanu- Unattractive??? :blink:

Anyway I thought these stains of blood were explained in an interview at JoBlo once. Have to look it up. It would be wierd of he coughs up his lungs without a tissue and just spits them on his shirt. They look more like cigarette burns to me then blood....but who knows...

Thanks for your explanations of the stains, guys. I was just wondering about that.

Actually, I'd like to check my Dangerous Habits TPB, to see if there are any stains on John's shirt in the comic - but my friend Barbara has it right now...

I found this in an interview up on Dark Horizons, if it adds anything:

Question: What are the burns on your shirt?

Answer: Oh, there's a character, Midnite, and I want to use the chair to surf the ether and he doesn't want me to, so he digs his hands into me and it burns, so I kind of beg him.