JohnMcMahon

What if John Constantine became The Punisher ?

ah, yes... the concept artwork. That's what ya get when you let everyone working on the movie to observe the shape of the drawings, but not the actual content...

(though, kudos for getting the trenchcoat color right)

I wanted to take a shot of that, but for some reason the "print screen" button doesn't take pics of winamp movies. How did you do that, John? And d'you fancy getting photos of some of the other concept art, like the tattoo artwork?

I already posted the tattoo art over here. The new look movie site should be going live tomorrow, it'll have most of the sketches from the Best Buy yoke on it somewhere.

I had a similiar problem to yourself when trying to do my own screen grabs through Window's Media Player - turning off Video Acceleration (under options->performance) sorted it out for me - something to do with the video being streamed straight to your video card apparently.

What hell is that, the Punisher in a trenchcoat?

Edit - Oops, just perceived the thread title on my second time through, but that really is what it looks like. The art looks like an action movie actor whose name escapes me, but who I definitely would not cast as John Constantine.

I dunno, he doesn't look like someone you would mess with without good reason.

Like, wanting to try out your Mighty Morphin Raiders turbo boosterer demon attack !.

:laugh:

:icon_twosgun:

I must admit that despite the fact that he's doing the splits (and, obviously, the content) that's not a bad drawing.

I suppose they made this one at an early stage because John still has blond hair and a green coat.

:blink:

you know, thats a thought. I think Shanice is onto something here.

Imagine how painful it would be, if they used a visually correct Actor, that was English, set in London, but made the movie they are making?.

Wouldn't that hurt ten times as much as just putting "Constantine" on the movie they are making?.

Can't be John. There's not nearly enough filling that crotch. Draw ears on that and you've got a GREAT idea for the next Batman film, though.

I suppose they made this one at an early stage because John still has blond hair and a green coat.

:blink:

you know, thats a thought. I think Shanice is onto something here.

Imagine how painful it would be, if they used a visually correct Actor, that was English, set in London, but made the movie they are making?.

Wouldn't that hurt ten times as much as just putting "Constantine" on the movie they are making?.

I don't really get what you're saying here :glare:

I think Avaunt is on to something here. It would have been worse - more painful, if you will - if they'd got all the external details right (his nationality, the colour of his hair, where he lives, etc.), but would have used the same scipt and the same team behind the movie making the same choices that some of us disagree with. It would have been impossible to pretend it's just a horror/action/whatever film and judge it for its own merits.