JohnMcMahon

The Possible Sequel Thread

Most audits are both spot-on and very funny to read...

But so's this one...

But so's this one...

Mark, I just started to like you for your avatar, don't ruin it :tongue: Anyway, even I admit that he's not a brill actor but after the Gift and Somethings Gotta Give he showed that he can certainly act. Oh what the hell! He's so bloody cute and sweet! Just kiddin' ....Keanu's a fine actor

But so's this one...

Yes, I can't deny that... :cool:

But... how can I say this... it's both true and not true. He has succesfully played characters that I would regard as almost diametrically opposite personalities, so I wouldn't say his range is limited. I'm puzzled as to what makes him tick, acting-wise. When he's working with some directors he's really good, and with others... :-?

Myeah...I thought he was bad in The Matrix sequels but The Gift was good and they were...globally made around the same time. For every Bram Stokers Dracula there is a My own private Idaho

and for avery Bill 'n' Ted flick, there is a Much Ado About Nothing... ;)

and for every Bill 'n' Ted flick, there is a Much Ado About Nothing... ;)

Have you seen Much Ado About Nothing? Cos I haven't, to be honest. I think that must have been his first 'bad guy' part.

i HAVE seen it. and he's not really good.

Do explain. C'mon... make me wince. :tongue:

His version of villany was a permanent pissy face.

And I agree he was brilliant in The Gift. He preformed dumb, small minded, unambitious, pointless, mean bastardary to perfection. Which I mean as really high praise, as I can imagine other actors trying to make the character bad in a grandiose way.

Here's a scan of the article (my own, feel free to use it)

From that it sounds like you wrote the article and interviewed Keanu. If you did then that's pretty damn cool.

Here's a scan of the article (my own, feel free to use it)

From that it sounds like you wrote the article and interviewed Keanu. If you did then that's pretty damn cool.

oh, no no no.

I just meant I did the scan and John or whomever were welcome to use it. Some of the other sites get fussy about that kind of thing. Though they don't mind links.

It's a non issue, really. The article is fluff and everyone's pretty much read it anyway.

The transcribed Wizard Magazine article can be found on Keanufan.com.

Well , he almost makes me forgive him there, and give him the benefit of the doubt. He does say he brought the comics and collections, but is honest enough to say he didn't read them all. If he were doing a snow job, he would claim he read them all, wouldn't he?.

yep, he almost makes me forgive him, but i WILL be strong.

:wink:

Oh and I'm so tired with the Keanu comments in reviews. When they dislike his performance they say it in colour and scent but when it's decent they say: "keanu is keanu and it's just the supporting cast that makes him look better"

ah! That's right Shanice. It's like "Oh my God, what the world will think of me if I say that Keanu Reeves gave, indeed, a good performance! That's impossible! Something is wrong with me... so I will say someone else made he looks better... " :icon_rolleyes:

This...

In short, he's managed to create the impression that, more so than any other celebrity, he doesn't much care about being a star -- and not in the self-conscious, look-at-me way of someone like Johnny Depp, which requires getting a lot of tattoos, moving to Paris, and no longer washing your hair.

...got a real laugh out of me.

I thought the article was pretty good, actually. A bit too much of the grudging praise-vibe, but well-written, and several good points.

Guest Guest_Shanice_*
All signs are that he'll never, ever, ever write a book called Cool Breeze Off the Mountain: The Keanu Reeves Story

Hahahahhahahaha :biggrin:

I laughed too. Actually i think, from what i have seen of the guy in interviews, they have it pretty right. i think he would roll over and go back to sleep, if told he would never act agan. He isn't as shallow as he seems in movies. No one could be, of course.

;)

I don't think they got that little part right. See Keanu loves acting. If you'd tell him that he won't have that premiere, armani glamour,magazinecover star-thing he'd probably roll over yes. That's why he won't write that book either ;) But acting...

Yeah, I think you might be right. If you said, 'No more movies Keanu, but you still get the same recognition level in the street' he would be out of bed, doing his "I command you, into the light" Schtick, I bet.

Must be a real barstard thing, not being able to go to a gas station to buy a paper, without being mobbed.

Keanu Reeves on a Possible Constantine Sequel

http://themoviereporter.com/movies2/movie013005.php

At war with the powers of Heaven, Hell, and all the realms inbetween, Constantine is out to find a way to redemption, even after he has committed an Unforgivable Sin.

Reeves, who gives a surprising and well-constructed performance despite major changes to the settings of the books, wants to come back as Constantine, as long as the audience likes what he's done so far:"My contract didn't have a second film in it. But myself and some of the producers and Francis Lawrence fell in love with the guy. I fell in love with the guy. I had one of the best times I've ever had working on this project. So we would talk about 'What could we do? What happens to Constantine?' You know, we'd think, 'He's a heroin addict in Morocco, and he's got this spell, and he's killing people, but he's trying not to kill people, so he keeps knocking himself out. Then [producer] Akiva Goldsman was like, 'No! He wants to stop Revelations'. We'd do these kinds of things. Ultimately, it's up to the audience. That would mean that the studio would have the resources to go forward with it. I would love to play Constantine again as long as I worked with the same people, definitely Francis Barnes and Akiva Goldsman, and everyone involved in this project because I could not imagine doing this without them."

*bangs head against desk*

*thunk*

*thunk*

*THUNK*

*ow*

So we would talk about 'What could we do? What happens to Constantine?'  You know, we'd think, 'He's a heroin addict in Morocco, and he's got this spell, and he's killing people, but he's trying not to kill people, so he keeps knocking himself out.  Then [producer] Akiva Goldsman was like, 'No!  He wants to stop Revelations'.  We'd do these kinds of things.

No you fucking well won't sunshine.

Heroin addict in Morocco for fuck's sake?

From stopping the cigs to chewing bubblegum at the end of Constantine to mainlining heroin at the start of the next film?

Yeah i can see that shit happening :blink:

Happens everyday that, people going from Wrigleys Spearmint and Smints to the purest Afghan opium.... :wacko: