JohnMcMahon

The Possible Sequel Thread

I thought he was talking about Constantine myself and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't at least half-interested in that idea - of course then Akiva pops up with a nice generic, boring idea.

It could have been worse. Like Ang Lee, with bad lighting and a boring script ala Hulk.

Boy that sounds like a load of shit. I hope this movie flops so that it doesn't spawn some bullshit sequels.

Boy that sounds like a load of shit. I hope this movie flops so that it doesn't spawn some bullshit sequels.

Yeah like "Constantine 2: The Hellacious Dude"

Last thing i want to see is Constantine surfing along the River Styx giving high fives to a whooping demon as he surfs by

oh no. no no no no no no no no no no no no.

I swear I'll get my degree (and enjoy doing so) if there's no Constantine sequel. I'd give up smoking - but I already did that-, I don't drink that much - so it wouldn't be much of sacrifice-, and I no longer drink Coca Cola. Worse part of being a boring person is that there's not much I could offer in sacrifice to prevent a sequel from being made.

Well, perhaps rather than sacrifice you should assume some burden...like shaving lepers or something.

I would like to personally make a present of a copy of All his Engines to Mr. Goldsman. Can someone give me his address?

I'd like to see the film do well enough to warrant a re-make down the line with perhaps something closer to the source material, but not see the film do so well that a sequel is instantly made that is exactly like the original. In other words I want the film to make some money to keep the John Constantine character alive but not to have the character become a huge pop-culture phenomenon.

If they do make a sequel with all the participants from the original movie, it's hard to know if they would make the flick more adult or less.

boy, this would definately fall under the "bad news" category, especially the bit about Akiva a must-have for the sequel...

'He's a heroin addict in Morocco, and he's got this spell, and he's killing people, but he's trying not to kill people, so he keeps knocking himself out'

This is one of the funniest things I've ever read, and I'm sure he was joking when he said it.

Mind you, I'd be well up for two hours of Keanu Reeves slamming his head in a filing cabinet and collapsing, only to wake up and do it again.

(and if they do use that storyline - the killing spell, not the filing cabinet - Chuck Palahniuk may sue.

There's also an interview about Costnatine at E! I believe. It also deals with the sequel and it's quite funny. Keanu goes "and in Constantine 8 he has children, Constantine's Son" or something. The link is at Club Keanu.

They also mention a romance in this film...

*:) yeey*

There's also an interview about Costnatine at E! I believe. It also deals with the sequel and it's quite funny. Keanu goes "and in Constantine 8 he has children, Constantine's Son" or something. The link is at Club Keanu.

They also mention a romance in this film...

*:) yeey*

That is utter BS. Trust me.

No, he's making a joke in that interview. he says something like it wasn't 'we've got you for 7 sequels'...and then the rest. The interviewer asks if there's any romance and he says no, but that there is some flirting.

I hope that a successful film might give them the confidence to use the source material a bit more.

I always thought it would be nice if it spun off into a tv series closer to the source material. I've always thought Hellblazer would work better for TV.

I hope that a successful film might give them the confidence to use the source material a bit more.

I always thought it would be nice if it spun off into a tv series closer to the source material. I've always thought Hellblazer would work better for TV.

Don't worry, if the movies do well, you'll get your wish.

Guest spiderlegs
Reeves said that a sequel ultimate is up to the audience.

Then we say "Nooooooooooo!"

"That would mean that the studio would have the resources to go forward with it," he said. "I would love to play Constantine again as long as I worked with the same people."

Fucking hell! The same people?!?! Shit! (*kicks the dog*)

What a terrible idea!