JohnMcMahon

The Possible Sequel Thread

I relize that I'm late, but Constantine was also inspirational for the "Giles" character on Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

I relize that I'm late, but Constantine was also inspirational for the "Giles" character on Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Whenever I happen to catch an episode I always find a sense of famliarity in Giles and Hellblazer.

That's because Joss Whedon freely admits that he lifted whole chunks of the character's backstory from the pages of Hellblazer.

Great Constantine Moments Via Giles #7 :

Willow : And there's no one in the world who has the power to stop me now.

Giles : I'd like to test that theory.

Yeah, but that was in a really, really gobsmackingly shite episode. Which I think has to cost it some points.

I agree with that scene. Another is way back in second season with "The Dark Age", and third season's "Band Candy" which is pure youth-Constantine to the nose.

Mind you, I'd be well up for two hours of Keanu Reeves slamming his head in a filing cabinet and collapsing, only to wake up and do it again.

Hahahaha. oh dear lord. This amuses me to no end, though I bear no animosity toward Mr. Reeves.

Then [producer] Akiva Goldsman was like, 'No!  He wants to stop Revelations'. 

[Cheap Shot]What's 'Revelations?'[/Cheap Shot]

:p

(My mother the preacher would kill 'em. Well. Being a preacher she probly wouldn't kill...oh screw it. You get the idea.)

Guest CoNsTaNtInE

Screw Hollywood man, why do they keep making SHIT, why they don't even hire people to do things RIGHT, i know its money money money, but it's not like you can't actually do something good for money dammit!!!!!!!, and now it's worse because V for Vendetta is coming to theaters, the only and mere hope is that the wachowski brothers will produce it

Producing it's not enough. If they were directing, maybe...but without them or Alan Moore stepping in, it's hopeless.

I have SOME small hope for "Watchmen." The writer, questionable IMDB credits aside, DID do both of the "X-Men" films, which pleased pissy fanboys across the board. Now, granted, adapting X-Men is one thing and Watchmen is a WHOLE different kind of beast, but still, SOME hope...

And Paul Greengrass is directing. "Bourne Supremacy" looked great, and he made "Bloody Sunday," which is fucking brilliant. So keep your various parts crossed...

If there is a sequel, I would bet good money that John wouldn't smoke given the endings I've read about this movie. When was the last time you saw a really avid smoker in the movies continue to do so without the facist bullshit from TRUTH or any other anti-tobacco company getting in the way?

Agreed. Big thumbs-up on the freedom to smoke (as someone who only quit smoking about 3 months ago I'd be a stinking hypocrite if I argued any other position, really) but TRUTH are hardly a fascist organisation. Quite the contrary, really.

Now, whilst I'm all for freedom of choice for smokers I think you might just be over-reacting when you call TRUTH a fascist organisation.

That's just my nicotine withdrawls talking.

I wonder if he'll smoke in the sequel.

Only cock.

Don't be silly - he's a good Christian boy and we all know that cocksuckers never get into Heaven!

He'll gain redemption by letting god do him up the bum and satan in his mouth while jesus cracks one out on his back. But it'll all be a con really.

But there'll be no con-doms, nasty babykillers they is.

Oh my shit my christ is that funny...

I wonder if he'll smoke in the sequel.

Only cock.

Don't be silly - he's a good Christian boy and we all know that cocksuckers never get into Heaven!

He'll gain redemption by letting god do him up the bum and satan in his mouth while jesus cracks one out on his back. But it'll all be a con really.

But there'll be no con-doms, nasty babykillers they is.

Oh my shit my christ is that funny...

I am 100% with Lou on this - the wole exchange made me laugh so hard, i spilled tomato juice on my one white shirt...

this oughta be the dialogue for the sequel, or Scary Movie VI