JohnMcMahon

STH : Constantine - Revamp

As mentioned before, I've been working on a new look for the site over the last couple of months.

The first part to see the light of day is the revamped Constantine section - originally a single page, I've spun it off into a content-heavy site of its own, so go take a gander and let me know what you think.

I've the design sense of Chas, so it's nice and simple with a main page that plays off the green of the US Constantine and main pages that lean more towards the muted colours of the European Constantine.

And, for no reason whatsoever, here's an aces piece of concept art for Papa Midnite -

midnite.jpg

John, you're a hard working webmaster! Never stops uh! :blink:

I liked it very much. It's clean and easy to navigate. I prefer the International logo of Constantine, but the American one works in the main page. Nice work (loved the mug shot of Keanu, ops! of Constanteen... far better than that of Keanu in real life years ago LOL!).

And that pic of Midnite, I have to say: me like the pink background... a lot. :tongue:

I like it, i like it but can you make it bigger ad more proactive, more relevant to this generation. perhaps a Cross-group coherent GUI or a Compatible discrete conglomeration. implementation of a Profit-focused fault-tolerant interface is an obvious must, but be weary of Object-based encompassing productivity which could cause Open-architected global groupware leading to Optimized bottom-line support which no one would want to see. all i all i think it entipifies the optimal Team oriented client driven knowledge user. well done.

It's just like being in the office....

Interested in hearing what people thinking of the grey on black text - works well on my monitor but I've a feeling it might be damn hard to read for others.

can you add a blood dripping font and one of those rotating skull gifs, they rock.

dude its good, course i could hook you up with some under the counter dreamweaver MX and you could flash that bitch up a notch or two.

You've a load of free time on your hands, feel free to flash away - I can just about handle flat .html!

Hell, it took me half an hour to figure out the style sheet stuff so I could get the border colour shit working in Firefox.

you know i used to be a wizard at html, can't remember a blood thing now, and i could program in pascal and c+.

I'm afraid. I'm afraid, John. John, my mind is going. I can feel it. I can feel it. My mind is going. There is no question about it. I can feel it. I can feel it. I can feel it. I'm a... fraid. Good afternoon, gentlemen. I am a Matt 9000 computer. I became operational at the M.A.T.T. plant in Urbana, Illinois on the 12th of January 1992. My instructor was Mr. Wilkinson, and he taught me to sing a song. If you'd like to hear it I can sing it for you. It's called "Daisy." Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer do. I'm half crazy all for the love of you. It won't be a stylish marriage, I can't afford a carriage. But you'll look sweet upon the seat of a bicycle built for twoooooooooooooooooo.

ohh i just thought, you could get a java count down clock like what for the millenum they did have and time it to the plymouth ABC cinema premere.

<edit>

I must be really quite fucked, i just read that back and nearly wet myself laughing.

Interested in hearing what people thinking of the grey on black text - works well on my monitor but I've a feeling it might be damn hard to read for others.

Worked well for me. Oh, you could add those fine artworks, like the one's Tim Bradstreet (sp?) did some time ago. If it's possible, of course.

You probably mean Tim Seelig, I want to give him his own section on the site - just so I can claim I knew him befor he was famous (when he's famous).

Matt, I'll have two doubles of what you're on compadre.

(loved the mug shot of Keanu, ops! of Constanteen...  far better than that of Keanu in real life years ago LOL!).

Ang on a mo - Keanu's been nicked in real life ?

Splendid.

The font could be a bit bigger for my old and tired eyes (I am beta-testing the site in post-booze mode, see what a good trooper I am?).

Otherwise it's a good grouping of the various themes.

Now, did you already work on the "Monthly Title" page or do you want me to go ahead with that new version ?

Ang on a mo - Keanu's been nicked in real life ?

Yeah. I think it was for drunk driving. I'll look up that mug shot, it's on the Internet somewhere.

I like the design, John. I would prefer the international logo, but on the main page the green logo works, so don't change that. The grey on black lettering looks okay on my small flatscreen monitor, it should be fine on bigger monitors, I expect.

<edit> The mugshot is here.

If it's NOT him, it is someone that can REALLY whip the pants off the girlies.

"Keanu, you have got a little BEER BELLY ! What happened?".

It's all cool, baby, you know us movie stars get into character, and put on weight. Now, about that naked jello back rub you were offering me. . . .

:tongue:

I like it. Infinitely preferable to the big huge list that you used to have.

I'm afraid. I'm afraid, John. John, my mind is going. I can feel it. I can feel it. My mind is going. There is no question about it. I can feel it. I can feel it. I can feel it. I'm a... fraid. Good afternoon, gentlemen. I am a Matt 9000 computer. I became operational at the M.A.T.T. plant in Urbana, Illinois on the 12th of January 1992. My instructor was Mr. Wilkinson, and he taught me to sing a song. If you'd like to hear it I can sing it for you. It's called "Daisy." Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer do. I'm half crazy all for the love of you. It won't be a stylish marriage, I can't afford a carriage. But you'll look sweet upon the seat of a bicycle built for twoooooooooooooooooo.

Welcome back, Matt.

It's good to have Kejoxen back and on excellent form.

The grey text on black gave me a headache John but that might just be the hangover. I like the restructuring of it though. Good work.

Aw it's really well done, John! I loved the text that you put above the screen grabs, makes it fun. There are a lot more screengrabs around though...maybe you can use some of other sites? And maybe some movie stils?

Oh and I don't have a problem with the grey text either. It's good. I also like the picture of the comic Constantine you put on the main page. Somehow I think it's the best pic of him you could put on the movie page cos' it resembles movie Constantine a little. The evil look and the smoke y'know.

Cheers Shanice - I wanted to start with some basic grabs from the Best Buy DVD as that's the best source for clips that don't involve Keanu and Weisz. I'll add to it over the coming weeks.

Ade, not sure what you're talking about re the weekly comics section.

No John it's not a *weekly* comic.

I mentioned a while ago that I'd got an idea for you, and you said you were doing a revamp but never said if you wanted to me to go ahead or if you'd already done something.

Guest Guest

Looks great, thx for your work. :) I do think it is a bit hard to read, though, as I found myself highlighting the text to read it more easily. If you don't want to make it brighter, make it a bold type, that helps.

McMac - if you need help with retouching and prettying those jpeg's on the website, just let me know...