JohnMcMahon

The Positive Thread 2005

Brian Tyler's score (really!)

I can't wait to see the movie (as everyone knows why - Cool Breeze... :biggrin: and I won't repeat myself), but I have to say The Music. I love Brian Tyler's score for Bubba Ho-Tep and I heard the bit of what seems a theme for the movie at the end of the Sneak Peak and I loved that music so much.

So that's Chant(ellie). I've seen her in some scenes but I kind of thought she was Angie's twin sister or something. She's not as dangerously pretty as her comic inspiration though. Though I'm not saying she's ugly or anything just in case that actress is reading this and wants to go out with me. :D

And yes more positivity is always welcomed especially here in the movies thread where it seemed things got needlesly bitchy and was just a few comments short of personal attacks.

Ellie has two...maybe three...looks during the flick -

The bows-in-hair, pink clothes, look seen above.

A red dress she wears in Midnite's club.

And...should we really get the R version (happy new year Matadoor!) her in bed after shagging John.

Anyway, another positive -

"I've seen Hell Blaze through these streets"

I can't help but get "Bloody Hell!" goose bumps everytime I hear Keanu say that - works for me.

I would like to add, in case the lovely lady reads this, Andy is WAY too modest to give himself a rev. He is a really smart witty fella, quite good looking in a sort of street weary way, and you could do far worse.

{ Same address as before Andy. This is easy money} :tongue:

I didn't see this woman in any of the clips, where can i take a squizz, does anyone know?.

Hear is a positive. . . . +

;)

Do you have a opening date, for New Zealand yet?.

I think the scene in the image above is in all of the trailers - it's real quick though.

The only other place to see her is on the Best Buy promotional DVD, which you can download from the site.

Another positive -

Constantine, strung out and irritated, making wholly inappropiate comments about the death of Angela's sister.

The mirror scene (capturing de demon). You guys said it works well in the script, and for the bits on the german site it can be a really good scene with tone and elements of the comic.

Large chunks of it can be seen on the Best Buy footage and it seems to deliver.

I like the way they take the Exorcist scenario and add a Constantine (comic style) approach to it.

I have a hunch Peter Stormare might be really good as the devil.

Happy New Year everyone!!!

But okay, positives...

-I honestly was surprised by the acting (at least what I've seen from BestBuy, trailers etc)

- The effects

- the humor

- Keanu ;)

Constantine, strung out and irritated, making wholly inappropiate comments about the death of Angela's sister.

That too, yes.

But...did John ever had sex with Ellie in the comics? Cos' I thought that movieJohn would have sex with just some halfbreed, not Ellie. Judging by all the content that is on she almost looks like his girlfriend in this movie.

But...did John ever had sex with Ellie in the comics?

I would like to know this too. But, with sure, if the movie gets a PG-13 we won't have nor a hint of sex with a demon.

But...did John ever had sex with Ellie in the comics?

I would like to know this too. But, with sure, if the movie gets a PG-13 we won't have nor a hint of sex with a demon.

There was a mutual attraction that was never consumated until Paul Jenkins' "Difficult Beginnings" story, in which Constantine seduces Ellie to get his demonic taint back.*

Being a succubus (and apparently having had some actual feelings for John prior to the act), she takes the fact that he seduced her a bit badly and decides to fuck his life up, which she does in the "How to Play With Fire" story.

*one of the few irredeemably nasty things he's ever done.

There was a mutual attraction that was never consumated until Paul Jenkins' "Difficult Beginnings" story, in which Constantine seduces Ellie to get his demonic taint back.*

Being a succubus (and apparently having had some actual feelings for John prior to the act), she takes the fact that he seduced her a bit badly and decides to fuck his life up, which she does in the "How to Play With Fire" story.

Thanks James. Ellie sound like a really interesting part of the Constantine world. I think it would be really cool to explore her as some type of nemesis for him.

How is her revenge on him in the "How to Play With Fire" story?

She alienates all his friends in various interesting ways and breaks up his relationship with Dani. Before she can get any further, Constantine sells her out to The First of the Fallen who drags her down to Hell. The last time we see her, she's being tortured at the hands of Triskelle, the queen of the succubi.

Thanks James. Nice chap this Constantine uh? :blink: Who want's a enemy like him...

I saw a image of Triskelle in the comic and, really, that's one of the scariest things you could think about! They could put something like her in the movie ... that body, ughh!!!

Errr

What does this mean? :icon_redface:

to get his demonic taint back.*

What exactly is the nasty thing he does to her?

Tilda Swinton is a real (Tilda) sweetheart. she loooks great in those scenes.

Thanks James. Nice chap this Constantine uh?  :blink:  Who want's a enemy like him...

I'd like to see that edge back in the comic, John's "nobody fucks with me because I fuck everyone first" ruthless bastard attitude. Honestly, Carey has been too sweet on John :biggrin:

Errr

What does this mean? :icon_redface:

to get his demonic taint back.*

What exactly is the nasty thing he does to her?

The demonic taint being a result of the blood transfusion he got from the demon Nergal, Constantine lost it during the Critical Mass story and then got it back by doing the nasty with Ellis in Difficult Beginnings.

I agree with Luis on nasty bastard John - he's been a little soft under Mikes pen.

Might be a result of continuously having the shit kicked out of him.