JohnMcMahon

The Positive Thread 2005

to get his demonic taint back.*

What exactly is the nasty thing he does to her?

Check John's post for the lowdown on the taint. As for the nasty thing...

In an earlier storyline, Critical Mass, Constantine wound up reincarnating The First of the Fallen and returning him to his rightful place in Hell.

Considering that it was Ellie burying a knife in The First's back that killed him in the first place, this left her up the proverbial creek without a paddle. Luckily for her, John had years ago carved a sigil into her soul that stopped her from being detected by The First.

She took up residence in a pocket of Hell, knowing that The First wouldn't look for her there. John, needing to get the taint back or risk destruction, took a trip down there (not by sticking his feet in water, though) and told Ellie that he was sorry and that he loved her. So she kissed him.

He got his taint and she got shafted in every sense of the word, though it was all consensual. She immediately threatened to pull his head off, but John revealed that when he carved the sigil into her soul all those years ago, he mixed a bit of his own blood in with it. That means that if he dies, she appears on The First's radar. So she had no choice but to let him live.

It reads better than I made it sound.

Thanx! I'm sure it reads better. How does John go to hell in the comics? With candles and all? Or am i getting off topic.....

Okay positive things about the movie!!

Guest Guest_Matadoor_*

I have a hunch Peter Stormare might be really good as the devil.

Red- He rocks. HAPPY NEW YEAR. JOHN SITE LOOKS AWESOME! He looks like a cross mix of a pediphile/molester, strung up heroine addict, and a used car salesman. AS I have said from the beginning, he delivers. His pure angelic white suit is "classic". The camera work on screen brings his look say right into your "living room." I was searching for my 3D glasses that I used to own to watch Elvira, mistress of the dark.

Thanks Matadoor - let's hope we spend less time hurling bitter words at each other this year!

I have to say that after going over the Best Buy stuff, I'm back to feeling the Rossdale love - still think the suit's not nearly sharp enough but he still manages to pull off the look I had in mind for Balthazar.

Guest Guest_Matadoor_*

I have a hunch Peter Stormare might be really good as the devil.

Red- He rocks.  HAPPY NEW YEAR.  JOHN SITE LOOKS AWESOME!  He looks like a cross mix of a pediphile/molester, strung up heroine addict, and a used car salesman.  AS I have said from the beginning, he delivers.  His pure angelic white suit is "classic".  The camera work on screen brings his look say right into your "living room."  I was searching for my 3D glasses that I used to own to watch Elvira, mistress of the dark.

AS john stated earlier- the scene where Rachel talks about her sister commiting suicide and JC comes back with a response that gets you laughing in an insensitive but yet ......You make a good point sort of way.

Gabriel played by Tilda Swinton. Her androgenous presence and snobbish attitude towards mortals

Papa Midnite- His whole look and the interaction. The scene when he pisses Papa Midnite off and he grabs hold of John in a matter that would make one screech.

Good Ol' Rachel. She was NEVER weak and didn't get all lovey-dovey with the lead. She rocked the ship hands down. Her submerssion in the bath tub touching upon some of our fears.

John putting his forearms together with the sound in the background combined with his spoken latin. I enjoyed...Into thee light I command thee.

The special effects by Stan Winston.

Hell and the demons

The car scene in intro. and the exorcism play out.

Balthazar with his KFC line and the bible seen as mentioned earlier by James/Ade

Guest Guest_Matadoor_*
Warning: Matadoor can't be objective

Even Keanufans can be 100 times more objective

Thanks Shanice. Happy New Year!

Those lines/scenes I personally liked.

Warning: Matadoor can't be objective

Even Keanufans can be 100 times more objective

Thanks Shanice. Happy New Year!

Those lines/scenes I personally liked.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I find this irresistably funny somehow.

How does John go to hell in the comics?

This will come as quite a shock to Tears but...he walks. No candles, no cats, no pentagrams and no water.

He walks?

Damn it! The movie's version was so cool! I hate it when they change everything around in these comic book adapations of movies...

... oh wait, the comic came first :blush:

After seeing the Best Buy behind the scenes DVD, I'm looking forward to the small bits of the film I think will be enjoyable. Such as...

1. John's approach to his lung cancer

2. Rachel Weisz

3. "This is Constantine, John Constantine. Asshole."

4. Lots of smoking

Thanks James. Nice chap this Constantine uh?  :blink:  Who want's a enemy like him...

I saw a image of Triskelle in the comic and, really, that's one of the scariest things you could think about!  They could put something like her in the movie ... that body, ughh!!!

You don't want him as a FRIEND either. Seriously swift way to find oneself looking up at your coffin lid. He sees friends as ammo.

Well Matadoor, did you see the movie? Is it good? And how does Keanu and The rest of the cast do?

By the way, Why do mean when you say, “Even Keanufans can be 100 times more objective”

Forgive me, I’m new here and I’m trying to understand what is happing on the board.

:laugh:

Guest Guest_Matadoor_*
Well Matadoor, did you see the movie? Is it good? And how does Keanu and The rest of the cast do?

By the way, Why do mean when you say, “Even Keanufans can be 100 times more objective”

Forgive me, I’m new here and I’m trying to understand what is happing on the board.

:laugh:

Hey lowrenttraveller. Yeah, I saw the movie in its different stages. I think it is still good despite the "spirited" differences from the comic. I don't want to rehash everything from the earlier boards. Besides that was 2004. We're in 2005 fast approaching Feb. with a renewed sense of faith........J/K. It would have been nice to see how I described my first post on my FIRST thoughts and impressions of the movie from the previous site. I hit it on the head with Rachel giving the strongest performance of everyone. But, I also said Keanu gives his best performance since "The Gift". The secondary roles were all strong and eclectic: Djimon, Swinton, and Peter are all ACE! The prolific smoking antihero lead was something that would not fair well with the mainstream American audience and that was a variable in the gamble. But it was something that many fought to preserve the source material and not make him the likeable hero in the end with the expected redeeming qualities along the way making you feel "sorry" for him. Ultimately JC is out to save his own arse and I personally like the climatic ending. I look forward to what your thoughts/opinions are after the release to see if there are any measures of consolidation.

Shanice was just having a laugh at the expense of herself and other Keanuphiles, suggesting that they love everything that he's in, irrgardless of its actual quality.

Another positive, that bit with the cockroach and the glass.

How does John go to hell in the comics?

This will come as quite a shock to Tears but...he walks. No candles, no cats, no pentagrams and no water.

he used a pentagram in Original Sins (the demon yuppie episode - "Going For It"), but he made a really botched job of it, so he got caught by those demons... :D

On a positive note despite the scene with John going all Dirty Harry with the Holy Shotgun, it could have been worse....John could have gone all Neo on the Demon's asses with the karate chops and what not. As of now it looks like Keanu gets his arse handed to him on more than one occasion which is keeping in line with the 'can't fight for shit' Constantine of the comics.

Ironically, uttered a mere week after John (again...seems to have happened a couple of times during Carey's run) aquits himself rather well in a bar fight and escape.

Yeah but it's not quite as bad as when during the Nancy Collins run on Swamp Thing she had John punching out Arcane's Un-Men. Still Constantine's allowed a few sucker punches now and then, just as long as he doesn't turn into Jackie Chan.