Rassmguy

Pandemonium (contains no pandas, but beware spoilers)

cool.Should be interesting to see what delano does with the character after so many years.

I'm excited to hear about this....I was afraid when I thought the title was Hellblazer:Pa though....heh

It's been a long time since we've seen Delano, period, not just on Hellblazer. This'll be his first published work since Outlaw Nation was cancelled, in fact.

Good news!

I am both surprised and excited. Maybe if this is well received it will generate more interest in Delano's past Hellblazer work and DC will start to trade it all and in order. And bravo for Jock. Of late he has been doing some high profile work with Green Arrow and now this.

Jam-ie.

Well played Mister Brown, well played.

Excellent news, teaming him with Jock is well noice too.

actually, i am intrigued. I know Ade has a few contacts, but exactly what level of clearance does ADE have*??

*this post has been edited so that Mark would not complaint about the grammar or the spelling.

[actually, i am intrigued. I know Ade has a few contacts, but exactly what level of clearance does ADE have*??

*this post has been edited so that Mark would not complaint about the grammar or the spelling.

Are you sure? <grin>

The dance of happy I just performed was, apparently, a joy to behold.

How many HB books are out there? I will try to get some. Delano is first in list.

"Simply, 'Pandemonium' will find John Constantine intrigued through a mixture of sex, magic, politics and ennui to travel abroad to a well-known contemporary war-zone: there, in an environment of fear and cruelty, to encounter a demonic arch-enemy who, with roots in the mythological substrate of the violence-ravaged land, is enjoying a resurgence fertilized by blood."

classicadvert.jpg

Should we tell him...?

(Oh - and there'll be a lot of fun for me and Ade trying to work out where this lies in Nergal's timeline since The First was supposed to have obliterated him. I guess this explains why they capped off Delano's old Nergal story with "The Devil You Know", too)

Another interesting quote:

"As I understand it, the project arose out of Vertigo's desire to mark the 20th anniversary of the publication of 'Hellblazer' #1 back in the Spring of 1988 with a number of special projects," Delano said. "Casey Seijas at Vertigo called to ask if I'd be prepared to collaborate in this event and, in a moment of weakness, I agreed."

01snooopy.gif

Jam-ie.

Well played Mister Brown, well played.

Excellent news, teaming him with Jock is well noice too.

I can keep a secret, me.

(Jon, it's just that Jock mentioned it to me at Bristol and since no-one else could be bothered to come along I decided to keep it to myself. No clearance sadly.)

It is rather splendid news.

But someone should consider whicch war zone they use before it's too late.

"As I understand it, the project arose out of Vertigo's desire to mark the 20th anniversary of the publication of 'Hellblazer' #1 back in the Spring of 1988 with a number of special projects," Delano said. "Casey Seijas at Vertigo called to ask if I'd be prepared to collaborate in this event and, in a moment of weakness, I agreed."

Would anyone care to speculate as to what else these special projects might comprise, and who might be involved? Or at least what you'd like for them to involve, and who you'd like to be involved?

Can anyone envisage the circumstances under which DC/Vertigo might succeed in persuading Alan Moore to work or them again? An ice rink being errected in Hell?

I'm assumng that the supposed Ian Rankin Hellblazer OGN is another of the specials slated for 2008 although I would have thought we'd have heard more about this by now.

Nice to see Jamie Delano back with Constantine although I'm not as excited by this as I think I should be. I'll wait and see if Delano can bring something new to Constantine as this point.

Can anyone envisage the circumstances under which DC/Vertigo might succeed in persuading Alan Moore to work or them again?

Nope. Never, ever going to happen.

I'm assumng that the supposed Ian Rankin Hellblazer OGN is another of the specials slated for 2008 although I would have thought we'd have heard more about this by now.

Nice to see Jamie Delano back with Constantine although I'm not as excited by this as I think I should be. I'll wait and see if Delano can bring something new to Constantine as this point.

I'd be amazed if anyone could bring anything new to Constantine at this point.

For some reason I read "Ian Rankin" as "Robert Rankin". Now that would be weird.

New Hellblazer OGN by Delano & Jock?

Sure, I'll buy it - Jock's art (and my completist nature) will guarantee my purchase, but I'm distinctly underwhelmed by Delano's involvement.

Tantamount to sacrilege here, I know, but I've said before if I had first picked up Hellblazer in Delano's day I'd have probably never picked it up again. I was bored rigid for most of his run when I did get it. He ruined Animal Man for me too.

(Oh - and there'll be a lot of fun for me and Ade trying to work out where this lies in Nergal's timeline since The First was supposed to have obliterated him. I guess this explains why they capped off Delano's old Nergal story with "The Devil You Know", too)

Um, the First was pretty much a dope (until Mkke wrote him). Maybe 'obliterate' didn't mean what he thought it did.

I would love to read an issue of Hellblazer in which it is revealed that "The First Of The Fallen" is nothing but a delusional, adolescent shit-demon.

That would make me so happy.