Rassmguy

Pandemonium (contains no pandas, but beware spoilers)

How about a photo contest? Take a pic that's both good and relevant to the topic of the book?

OOr, alternatively, we could have a contest about whose online nick has been on the cover of Hellblazer the most times? :tongue:

I just had an idea for a competition which might be more fun: What if Jock chose a snippet of dialogue or a line from the comic, and we illustrate it, using images from the net or the like? Then the funniest/most creative illustration could get the signed copy.

I just had an idea for a competition which might be more fun: What if Jock chose a snippet of dialogue or a line from the comic, and we illustrate it, using images from the net or the like? Then the funniest/most creative illustration could get the signed copy.

sorry, been out all of today.. i'm liking the illustration idea! i'll check back in here in the morning when i'm back in the studio, and we'll get this going.

feel free to suggest other ideas in the meantime!

have a good evening -

jock

sorry guys - lame i know, but i'll have to set this up on monday (boy off school, going away for the weekend)

tho there hasn't been much response so i'm not sure anyone will really mind! i'll check in monday.

Looking good Jock.

I wonder if anyone's interested in a Hellblazer "anniversary" panel at Bristol this year?

My suggestion is combined Red's suggestions: a line of dialogue illustrated by artwork, photo, collage*, video or whatever other medium comes to hand (careful with that one).

Postage for Dereck Acorrah would be quite expensive, even if he could be trained to parrot a line of comics dialogue...

okay, here's the quote --

"Don't speak to me. I don't know who you are, or why you're here, John Constantine. But you've stretched your credibility to it's limit"

a drawing/image/creation of what john's doing at this point in time. no need for a mona lisa, just a humorous idea would be great. the winner, announced at the end of the week, will get a signed copy of the book with a drawing inside.

entries in by, say, thursday?

okay, here's the quote --

"Don't speak to me. I don't know who you are, or why you're here, John Constantine. But you've stretched your credibility to it's limit"

a drawing/image/creation of what john's doing at this point in time. no need for a mona lisa, just a humorous idea would be great. the winner, announced at the end of the week, will get a signed copy of the book with a drawing inside.

entries in by, say, thursday?

Are they to be posted directly here? I'd suppose so but thought I'd better check. Oddly enough I have quite a strong spontaneous image arising from that quote, but have no idea if I could draw it

brilliant.. that's what i'm talking about. encore!

and yes, post here if possible. drawing ability isn't an issue, it's always the idea that'll win through -

jock

Good one, Atticus! I'm feeling inspired today, so here's another one (there's no limit to how many we can post, is there?)

Protest-1.jpg

Tim gets points for correcting the grammatical error too.

Ooops! :blush:

(Hastily edits images)

Pedantry is its own reward.

Also, if we're allowed multiple entries (madam!) -

Constantine.jpg

Too obvious?

Can't...resist...must...post...more...

Larsonduck-JC.jpg

...and because I'm shameless at brown-nosing :laugh: :

JC-JockLosers.jpg

In my defence, I wouldn't presume to sub someone else's copy without their permission, for fear of a Giles Coren-style rant.

That, and that cut and paste is a dangerous tool :blush:

Red: do you have a production line churning these out, or do you just not have any work to do? :tongue: