Rassmguy

Pandemonium (contains no pandas, but beware spoilers)

I think you'll find Slinker's photo (or Jock's) could be included on the technicality that it contains the phrase required.

Yes, I were joost been sassy. I swiped said image from Jock and posted it in this thread cuz i thought it looked cool and technically (though barely) fit. I do not expect nor want to win because of the many very clever entries. I just wanted to be included because I am really looking forward to this book coming out.

I think you'll find Slinker's photo (or Jock's) could be included on the technicality that it contains the phrase required.

Yes, I were joost been sassy. I swiped said image from Jock and posted it in this thread cuz i thought it looked cool and technically (though barely) fit. I do not expect nor want to win because of the many very clever entries. I just wanted to be included because I am really looking forward to this book coming out.

right, had a chance to look through... thanks all so much for the entries. a lot of goodies to choose from.

difficult to choose - so i'm basing this on just how much i smiled or laughed when i first saw them. someone has to win, but you're all winners/have the x factor/believe in your dreams etc.

in 3rd place -- Ade's Cameron. it just made me laugh as soon as i saw it. topical, funny.

in 2nd place -- Jason T's drawing. although it doesn't actually have the dialogue, and i did say that artistic ability didn't matter, it's a brilliant little drawing and again, made me laugh when i saw it. nice one jason!

but in 1st place, it has to be Red... so many good ones, bollywood etc, but even that first astronaut made me laugh out loud. straight away it raised the bar. congrats Red! DM me your address.

thanks again all - hope you get the chance to see the book anyway. hope you enjoy it.

all the best

Jock

:boogie:

Whee, I'm so happy! I'd like to take this opportunity to thank my mother for always believing in me, you guys for laughing at me, and John Constantine for being my inspiration. I'm honored and humbled.

Addendum: This is definitive proof that quantity > quality

:boogie:

Whee, I'm so happy! I'd like to take this opportunity to thank my mother for always believing in me, you guys for laughing at me, and John Constantine for being my inspiration. I'm honored and humbled.

Good work fella!

Although, personally, I now have to deal with the sickening knowledge that the time I spent working on Sting's naked gleaming torso was all for naught.

Working on Sting's naked gleaming torso is never for naught. :tongue:

:angry: Bah! *grumble*

Oh wait - the camera's on me? Well done Red, I always said you should've won :adore: Fine, fine work. Excellent choice by Jock, your judgement is sound sir.

:angry: Bah! *grumble*

Oh wait - the camera's on me? Well done Red, I always said you should've won :adore: Fine, fine work. Excellent choice by Jock, your judgement is sound sir.

i liked yours too atticus!

Nicely-done, Pål.

Of course, if I hadn't broken my rib I'm sure I'd have put something together on Sunday night which would have put your feeble efforts to shame. But alas, injury* removed me from the field of play, so you were able to sneak your way to victory.

Err...I mean, congratulations. Still looking forward to the book!

*laziness

Thanks for the kind words, Jock! And cheers for running the competition. I agree Red's astronaut nailed it.

Thanks, guys. I personally prefer the Larson one, but that's as much (or mostly) due to Larson being ace.

Reading it right now, about half way through, and it's quite good. I don't think anybody has a better handle on this character than Jamie Delano and why jock isn't on interiors more frequently is beyond me.

Look what I got!

IMG_0532.JPG

IMG_0531.JPG

:boogie::boogie:

It really is a cracking read, and the art is great (as usual, I might add, Jock). Thanks so much for sending it!

For those planning to read it, I'll only echo what Lou said, plus add that Delano's take on middle eastern mythology is refreshing, in the HB ongoing story. In that way it sort of reminds me of "All his engines".

Continuity nazis might get annoyed when it comes to the "main villain" though...

Just finished it. Very cool.

Was surprised Nergal acted as civil as he did, more or less. I loved the moral of the story and the "stick it to the man" denouement.

It ranks with "All His Engines" maybe not even with, but right there just under it. And to me, "Engines" is the crown jewel of Hellblazer, with "Pandemonium" a close second.

Just finished it. Very cool.

Was surprised Nergal acted as civil as he did, more or less.

I loved the moral of the story and the "stick it to the man" denouement. It ranks with "All His Engines" maybe not even with, but right there just under it. And to me, "Engines" is the crown jewel of Hellblazer, with "Pandemonium" a close second.

OI! Spoilers, dude.