Rassmguy

Pandemonium (contains no pandas, but beware spoilers)

That's fucking gorgeous, that is. Who's doing the colouring?

That does indeed look fantastic. Wish there were some text to provide context.

My condolences on your loss, Jock.

Just read your actual post Jock, condolences on the family loss.

Oh shit, I feel like a right twat for not noticing that, now... :icon_redface:

If this is timed to coincide with the 20 year anniversary of spring 1988 in the USA, it must be due in 2 or 3 months, yes?

Anyone got a firm date (so to speak)?

sorry, i was late starting it due to deadline problems with a family bereavement... it won't be ready that soon.

by way of an apology, here's an early taster -----

Thanks a bundle for that, Jock. Sorry to hear about the family's bad news.

Wow! Those pages are fantastic--some of the best work I've seen on Hellblazer in quite some time. Thanks for sharing them, Jock--and my condolences on your loss. I can't wait to see the final product, and I wish Vertigo would hire you to illustrate the monthly book for Andy--if not the full book, then at least the covers. His writing with your artwork would make for some amazing Hellbazer.

Just read your actual post Jock, condolences on the family loss.

Oh shit, I feel like a right twat for not noticing that, now... :icon_redface:

Me too. Sorry Jock, and condolences.

hey, no worries guys... and thanks for the kind comments and condolences.

it was actually last summer and that sent everything i had lined up to shit time wise... time's a healer and i'm digging into the book now.

i'll post a few more pages here as i go - i'm still waiting to hear the official word on whether i've got the go ahead to colour the pages myself (as i've done here) so i'll keep you posted.

cheers!

jock

con.jpg

i'll post a few more pages here as i go - i'm still waiting to hear the official word on whether i've got the go ahead to colour the pages myself (as i've done here) so i'll keep you posted.

It's good to hear that you're feeling better now.

I'm pretty certain that everyone here would be in favour of you colouring your own stuff. And I second Rassmguy's motion for getting you on the covers, assuming that you have the time and inclination.

Can't wait to read the book.

It's good to hear that you're feeling better now.

I'm pretty certain that everyone here would be in favour of you colouring your own stuff. And I second Rassmguy's motion for getting you on the covers, assuming that you have the time and inclination.

Can't wait to read the book.

It was the colouring that did it for me, the spare and subtle washes and splashes, lovely. It would be foolish of Vertigo to let anybody else do it. Still, even if somebody else does do the colouring you can draw a bit can't you? It'll still be good, just not as unique.

It would be foolish of Vertigo to let anybody else do it.

What has that ever stopped them doing anything?

I wasn't very excited until I saw some of the artwork. In some ways I'm a little skeptical because I personally like Constantine best when he's being somewhat non-political; however, he is very political in the Delano stuff, so I suppose it should be no surprise to me. I have not read all of Delano's run (although if it's in TPB I have read it), but if it had been my first impression of Hellblazer I probably wouldn't have continued to read. Between Ennis and Carey I became obsessed.

The artwork looks phenomenal. Personally I prefer Jock's style for specials and stuff more than the monthly titles, and I really love Manco's Constantine.

Theoretically, if Vertigo is smart, they will let Jock do the color if only to save themselves some money while getting some awesome artwork. Sounds like a win win situation to me. One guy does all (one less person they have worry about) and the fans are happier. Then again, like all corporations, that would just make to much sense.

I've actually got an erection NOW. How does that work? OK, John Constantine (as drawn, not portrayed on film) has always sort of excited me, but now? I'm in lust!

Well, as a late-arrival to the exploits of one John Constantine, I'm not sure who my favorite Hellblazer writer is. But if the graphic novel is close to the standards of Original Sins, I'm excited. My condolences to Jock for his loss.

favour time...

does anyone have a scan - or even a brief description - of what DESTRUCTO GOBSMACK looks like? i only have to draw him small, so even very little will help.

thanks!

jock

Cocks to you brown,

'ere you go Jock, he looks like a typical 80's speccy twat:

DSCN1198.jpg

DSCN1197.jpg

DSCN1196.jpg

And Ade learns a lesson about always keeping HB#33 close to hand