Rassmguy

Pandemonium (contains no pandas, but beware spoilers)

Dear Jock;

Those are beautiful pictures. Like acid etchings on the eye, so sharp they will cut us.

I cannot wait to see more.

Is this "John Constantine goes 9/11"?

(and btw: Still AWESOME!)

Obviously quoting pics isn't too much of a problem if they're teeny-tiny, or from posts that are several pages back, but Ade's right in this instance - they're too big for just a short reply.

Is this "John Constantine goes 9/11"?

(and btw: Still AWESOME!)

The image is, as londonsurrealist says, of London's docklands, with the pointy black building being thwe Canary Wharf Tower (seen in The Invisibles and the end of Doctor Who's second season).

The DLR he mentioned is the Docklands Light Railway, which connects the London underground with the docklands.

Yes, I understood that, but that jetplane is still flying suspiciously low and close to those highrises.

ohhhh you could cut the condescension with a scythe, because I'm normal I just assumed It's a plane landing at London City Airport.

It's an awesome picture, can I have it for me bog wall?

ohhhh you could cut the condescension with a scythe, because I'm normal I just assumed It's a plane landing at London City Airport.

Uh, condescension? :blink:

You may well be right though, it may be me overpoliticizing the pic since it's Delano.

Please note, when quoting posts with pictures in them, you don't need to "quote" the pictures.

Sorry about that, I'll be a bit more careful next time. I notice though that the quoted puicture by Jock wasn't taken off, so good we want it twice eh?

I actually don't think it's duller in and of itself. Making a 9/11-like story could easily go to shit.

I just assumed It's a plane landing at London City Airport.

THERE you go.... maybe duller, but spot on.

Not dull for me though. As a regular on the DLR I'm rather glad to see it looking so exciting. It might even get me thinking again of my often put off photographic project of the area around Canary Wharf.

It's an awesome picture, can I have it for me bog wall?

It IS truly an awesome picture. Any chance of a version for wallpaper to suit a screen size 1024x768, pretty please Jock?

But to be pedantic*: it's more likely a plane taking off from City Airport, surely? It looks like the DLR line east of Canary Wharf (more elevated with water to the left hand side) so the plane is going in the wrong direction to be landing. I know they take off in the direction towards Canary Wharf, and then bank away before it becomes really scary.

*But not so pedantic I correct the name of the tower.

I actually don't think it's duller in and of itself. Making a 9/11-like story could easily go to shit.

Or similar ... oops, too late!

Or similar ... oops, too late!

:blink: ?

'It IS truly an awesome picture. Any chance of a version for wallpaper to suit a screen size 1024x768, pretty please Jock?'

it didn't translate particularly well... but here you go!

post-183-1201868335_thumb.jpg

When's this coming out, then?

i still have A LOT to do on it... i'll keep you all posted here. thanks for the kind comments by the way folks.

i'm actually thinking about starting a blog charting the progress of the book... a 'behind the scenes' peek - would anyone have an interest in that?

Naah, doesn't sound like the sort of thing which people around here would go for.

It's weird, how often people tell me that.

(and yes, I for one would definitely be interested in a work-in-progress blog. Obviously)