Rassmguy

Pandemonium (contains no pandas, but beware spoilers)

Page taken from Hellblazer #200.

thanks john, that excellent...

i'm pleased to have found this out, he's definitely a character that can 'carry' a scar - and look all the better for it.

Have you see Manco's art in any of the more recent issues ?

He's given the old-man a great look.

just got andy's trade in my comp box... the 'joyride' story. + the laughing magician pt2 i think. i'll take a look....

Although I'd say it's better than anything he's done before on the title. But that's just my opinion, and I'm certainly in the minority here.

Brief story outline from here:

Hellblazer: Pandemonium, by original Hellblazer writer Jamie Delano and Jock, has Constantine sent by Scotland Yard to Iraq, where an ancient force is bubbling up, and only Constantine can fix it. John falls in love with a woman who may or may not be a spy, and the tale will have Constantine in Baghdad dealing with current political situation and echoes of the past.

Sounds quite interesting - I had a feeling it'd deal with politics in some way or another!

Your art looks bloody amazing as always, Jock!

Ooh! Oooh! What are the odds there'll be some Mesopotamian mythology involved?! As this is my primary area of nerdiness, I can only hope.

you are not wrong.

Oh! I wondered why Nergal sounded really familiar as I was starting in on Hellblazer. I think he's mentioned as Ereshkigal's husband in the Akkadian version of 'Descent of Ishtar' I read last year. He doesn't really show up all that much otherwise.

You know what we haven't had in a while ?

A good Constantine cigarette flicking scene.

Just saying.

notice the scar? that was all you... and you want MORE?????

couple more for you while we're not in spoiler territory... i'll be setting up a thread over at jason aaron's forum too - come over and say hello. (or nergal will get you)

Fantastic stuff, Jock. I'm very much looking forward to reading this. Thanks for posting these periodic samples.

You know what we haven't had in a while ?

A good Constantine cigarette flicking scene.

Just saying.

notice the scar? that was all you... and you want MORE?????

Never satisfied is he?

Come to think of it, we haven't seen a good John-getting-head-from-a-dog scene in a long while too...

This is awesome, Jock, and thank you. I've already made my girlfriend promise to buy it for my birthday, as I believe it comes out just a couple of days before.

Come to think of it, we haven't seen a good John-getting-head-from-a-dog scene in a long while too...

Yeah, and now that you mention it, we also haven't had any good John-speaks-like-Dick-Van-Dyke-from-Mary-Poppins dialog in a long while, either.

Damn, I'm glad Andy's writing this book.

Yeah, and now that you mention it, we also haven't had any good John-speaks-like-Dick-Van-Dyke-from-Mary-Poppins dialog in a long while, either.

funnily enough, i'm just proof reading jason aaron's first iscript to help avoid just that...

thanks for the comments guys.

funnily enough, i'm just proof reading jason aaron's first iscript to help avoid just that...

thanks for the comments guys.

Gor blimey guvna, you bein' like Professor 'Enry 'Iggins ter 'is Eliza Doolittle innit?

Credit where it's due, John's scar actually looks like a scar in that first pic - not just a line lashed across his face at the last minute as per its general appearance in the monthly issues (and I'm a mad Manco fan me).

I'm dying to find out how yer one is smoking in a Burka!