Rassmguy

Pandemonium (contains no pandas, but beware spoilers)

...except it's not a burkha, but a niqab, which means the person in question just lifts the veil a bit.

...except it's not a burkha, but a niqab, which means the person in question just lifts the veil a bit.

touche! and exactly right...

the 'awkwardness' was mentioned in the script... we've just chosen not to highlight it art wise.

It's listed as $24.99 list price (before Amazon discount), which is the average price for a Hardcover comic from Vertigo in the States.

Excellent that there's a release date now!

I wonder if that's the actual cover?

No, mate, it's only a picture of the cover.

I honestly didn't realise hardcovers were only $5 more than paperbacks. That seems like a good deal to me.

Although I'm confident the actual book will rock my socks off, that cover isn't really doing much for me.

Seriously though, hasn't the cover been posted here already? It's a fully painted image showing JC, a helicopter if I recall correctly, and, uh, some other shit. But I can't find the thread at the mo.

Seriously though, hasn't the cover been posted here already? It's a fully painted image showing JC, a helicopter if I recall correctly, and, uh, some other shit. But I can't find the thread at the mo.

Is it this one?

hellblazer_pandemonium.jpg

Well, IMHO the one I posted is the best alternative.

That's it — nice one, Red. Perhaps Jock can tell us which is the cover.

neither - i'm working on a new piece to wraparound the whole dust jacket of the HARD cover. i have a version, but it's not there yet - i'll see if i can dig it out to post up here anyway.

the amazon piece was just a sketch that i threw some red on to act as a place holder... sometimes necessary when deadlines strike!

here's the work in progress - i don't think it'll stay as just a headshot, and we need some more reference to the babylonian elements of the story, but i wanted to try this collage/ broken style as a method...

idea3FLATred.jpg

That's more like it! I agree that it needs something for background though. While the head shot is nice, some middle eastern reference might be appropriate.

That's much nicer. I'm glad the Amazon cover isn't the actual cover.

Yes, some sort of background would work even better.

Thanks, Jock. So what was the older piece (the side-on shot of JC) intended for?

that was a piece i did for charity a few years ago... DC needed an image when they announced the book so i added some 'iraq' background and submitted it. again, another timesaver - often things will be needed very quickly for the promotional side of things, but corners can sometimes be cut without too much attrition!

hey guys,

sorry it's been so long... hope all is well with you hell'er's...

PANDEMONIUM's coming along nicely, though taking longer than anticipated in order to do jamie's script justice. loads of reference needed, getting environments right (and probably sometimes wrong!) etc.

i was pleased to learn yesterday that my favourite letterer CLEM ROBINS is on the book, and he sent me his first sample page last night. i'll post it here, along with a couple other's to give you a taste.

cheers!

jock

HLBPD30.jpg

pp52.jpg

pp55.jpg

Reads like a follow-on from The Horrorist, which obviously isn't a bad thing.

Art makes me want to see Jock do a little something something with Brian Wood over in DMZ!

Thanks for the preview.

If this is timed to coincide with the 20 year anniversary of spring 1988 in the USA, it must be due in 2 or 3 months, yes?

Anyone got a firm date (so to speak)?

sorry, i was late starting it due to deadline problems with a family bereavement... it won't be ready that soon.

by way of an apology, here's an early taster -----

pp2.jpg

pp3.jpg

Excellent pages, I can´t wait to read it.

My condolences on your loss Jock

hey guys,

sorry it's been so long... hope all is well with you hell'er's...

PANDEMONIUM's coming along nicely, though taking longer than anticipated in order to do jamie's script justice. loads of reference needed, getting environments right (and probably sometimes wrong!) etc.

i was pleased to learn yesterday that my favourite letterer CLEM ROBINS is on the book, and he sent me his first sample page last night. i'll post it here, along with a couple other's to give you a taste.

cheers!

jock

HLBPD30.jpg

pp52.jpg

pp55.jpg

I loved the art. Jock is excellent. :boogie: