AngieIs

The Witching

So has anybody else fallen in love with this title?

Written by Jonathan Vankin, drawn by Leigh Gallagher, and just generally awsome in my own (not nearly as humble as it should be) opinion.

Depends on your taste, it runs more to the cute than the creepy. If it weren't for all of the nudity (camouflaged by strategicly placed bison horns, text boxes, people) and sex I'd probably compare it to Courtney Crumrin, with maybe a little bit of "Thesselaid" thrown in. I picked it up 'cause it had a (very mild) Lucifer crossover, but it's turned out a lot better than I expected (if you like the style).

All of the talk leading up to the launch, and the covers used, suggested that this was going to be twee Goth muck but the first couple of pages to issue #1 suggested that this might be something a little different.

The Three Witcheses Archtype is terribly overused though, especially in Vertigo books, and it was that truth which ultimately stopped me from picking up an issue.

I read the first issue, and it wasn't half bad. It just didn't keep my interest for more than one issue either. Not my thing, really.

And yes, I'm getting sick of all these "Three Witches archetypes" in Vertigo comics! Can't anyone besides Gaiman use them as actual mythological beings?! Why must they always be represented by "Real" people?!

It would probably appeal to the Goth crowd though. Not exlusively.