Mercury727

Hellboy 2

The official site has gone live. I just watched the intro from Abe Sapien and I have to say the original actor's voice doesn't sound a whole lot different from that of that bloke from Frasier who voiced him in the first film, wonder why they bothered really, not that Niles did a bad job or anything.

I like the fact that they are going for a self contained story....those were the best kind of stories in the comic.

guillermo del tor is a brilliant director so Im hoping that it will be as good as the first movie

I love the concept of Hellboy, as far as the origins and stuff. But I hate the character himself. Despite that, I really want to see this movie. I simply looks awesome, visually speaking.

Why do you hate Big old red ?

It's just a "personality" conflict. He just sort of rubs me the wrong way, I guess.

You misspelled "Envy".

GO SEE THIS MOVIE!!!!!

I had SO much damn fun watching it. The action was fantastic, the humor was hilarious, and the characters were on point. The sad character moments really made you sad too. The sets, character designs, make up, special effects... on point! I knew I was going to enjoy the film, but I enjoyed it more than I thought I was. You could tell everyone had a blast making this film. Go see this, it must do well in theaters!

I second that, GO SEE THIS MOVIE. Del Toro blows me away, this man oozes talent. The monsters were tops, the pacing excellent, the characters were fun, and the nachos were very tasty. I got extra cheese sauce.

Being a week late on everything, i just saw this this past weekend while everyone else was seeing Dark Knight. It is an excellent film, It's a bit more of a Fantasy Adventure film then the last, but i think that's a good thing. Del Toro is a wiz with the creatures.

My only minor quibble is i missed the guy from Frasier as the voice of Abe. Also, and this might have just been in the theatre i saw it in, it seemed like the lipsync was off in several spots.

For those hesitating to see this still, maybe this can push you! Abe and Hellboy get drunk and sing Barry Manilow! :laugh:

Hellboy: Look at her. I'd die for her. But she also wants me to do the dishes.

Abe: I'd die AND do the dishes!

Seen it, didn't like it nearly as much as the first one.

It was ok, the special effects were spot on, but the humour was forced and the personal shit was DRAGGED OUT AND BORING and the dialogue was very pedestrian imho.

It was sort of childish. Still fun to watch but pretty slow getting to exciting bits.

Young Hellboy sucked really badly. I am disappointed now, I was so looking forward to this mmovie :(

i liked it better than the first one but that's not saying much. i don't believe the relationship between hellboy and liz as portrayed by the actors, whom like in their other films.

i've found the animated hellboy films to be more enjoyable than the live action films.

has this game come out yet?

Seen it, a great improvement on the last one even if the melodrama isn't quite as on-the-money as the visual work. The creature work in this film is fantastic but when it comes to certain dramatic highpoints, the director misses a beat or two. Still a great way to spend two hours, all the main characters get plenty of screentime, Abe the ladies man is great, and Johann was brilliant, especially in the way he kicks the ass of you-know-who.

I half saw it half sleepy because I did not sleep the previous night. I must say that I did not like what I saw, sorry. Everything sounded me too forced, I don't know... and like a friend of mine said, "too many fairies and too few crazy nazies". It did not looked like a Mignola story either.

I really enjoyed it, the first one, too.

I've never read any Hellboy, which might help, but I think Del Toro makes fantastic (literally) movies anyway. I find Ron Perlman very likeable as Hellboy. He has a real heart missing from most movie heroes.

The creatures were beautiful and brilliant. Obviously, for any Brit my age, it's almost impossible to take Luke Goss seriously in anything. But he was fine. Nothing special, nothing terrible.

I enjoyed it. It was big silly, messy fun and I did like all the characters.

But there was something wrong with the pacing and the ADR/lip-synching was awful most of the way through. Also, I found the girls to be a bit rubbish. Liz was just stroppy and not 'fiery' like I had hoped and she just didn't seem that bothered. And she really didn't have the excuse of getting up and spending six hours in make-up every morning like the other actors. And when you're being out-acted by a guy with no face in a diving suit...

However, I still really enjoyed it. And Luke Goss (and his double) had some real moves on them.

Favourite bits:

The stuff with the Forrest God. Amazing looking scenes.

But my favourite bit was when Johann left his suit and posessed one of the Golden Army. A lovely looking sequence but it was the bit where he first looked at his new body and said 'aah' in a very self-satisfied tone.

Splashy, messy flawed but gorgeous fun.

B-

Yeah, hate to say it, but I was not overly impressed. Kind of disappointed, actually. Fair enough, the effects were indeed stellar, but effects are tools, not an end product in and of themselves. In my opinion, they are best placed when they are used to support and enrich a good story. The story here seemed week and predictable to me. It almost felt like del Toro was feeling pressured to blow the audience away visually after Pan’s Labyrinth won Oscars in that area.

I’m not saying it was bad, I just didn’t care for it as much as I did the first one. Of course, this may be because I am the sort of weirdo freak that had the hots for Kroenen. Oh yeah, I’d like to lick his teeth. :boogie:

Actually, there was one scene that kinda made me teary. I don’t want to spoil it for those who haven’t seen it yet, er, the one in which Hellboy must make a choice involving something green. But I’d have to say my favorite bit was the stuff with Professor Broom.

I guess I’d say if you don’t get to see a film often, I wouldn’t pick this one, but it’s worth a cheaper second run ticket. Actually, I could see it being quite nice in a brew pub.

Ultimate opinion:

It was very pretty.

Post Script,

The guy who played Niles on 'Frasier' is called David Hyde Pierce.

Yeah, I forgot to add that it opens with John Hurt reading young Hellboy/us a story. JOHN HURT!!

The film could have been two hours of black screen after that and I would have still enjoyed it. I love John Hurt.

Yeah, I forgot to add that it opens with John Hurt reading young Hellboy/us a story. JOHN HURT!!

The film could have been two hours of black screen after that and I would have still enjoyed it. I love John Hurt.

Amen.

I’m not saying it was bad, I just didn’t care for it as much as I did the first one. Of course, this may be because I am the sort of weirdo freak that had the hots for Kroenen. Oh yeah, I’d like to lick his teeth. :boogie:

Kroenen was indeed hot. :laugh: