Sign in to follow this  
Jon

237.cbr

Shareaza wont connect to any network for some reason so i find myself unable to download issue 237. In the good all days I would ask rogan for it but since he is MIA i was wondering if anyone can post it or send it to me.

cheers.

Jon's from Argentina. I'm not sure Hellblazer ships down there.

Are the comic writers going on strike too? I thought it was just the TV writers....

....Don't make me sad....

(Wait, are you saying downloading comics made the TV writers go on strike?)

I think they do ship over there, but buying one requires one to be standing for quite some time after that.

It doesn't ship to Bahrain at all, if you were wondering.

Stop diddling me out of me royalties and just buy the fucker!

This is the sort of thing that makes writers go on strike, you know.

*sulk*

Don't strike! I still buy your comics. I even bought "Gamekeeper".

Besides, if you went on strike, they'd just hire scabs to take over :lol:

Who, me?

Nah, you'd never cross a picket line.

But maybe some of these guys would seize the day.

The first issue would feature JC seeing the light and coming to the aid of an ageing Margaret Thatcher being beset by the Demons of Organized Labour...

Who, me?

Nah, you'd never cross a picket line.

But maybe some of these guys would seize the day.

The first issue would feature JC seeing the light and coming to the aid of an ageing Margaret Thatcher being beset by the Demons of Organized Labour...

Do you know, I'd rather vote for John Constantine than any politician? He's more trustworthy and much funnier. As for the Adam Smith Institute, a shame that John's fictional and they aren't. Grrrr....

John Constantine, the MP for West Derby and Hell's 8th circle.

I can envision JC's election poster, featuring him giving the finger to the voter, and the slogan "If you're thinking of voting for ME you're well screwed, mate".

Photoshop, anyone?

Stop diddling me out of me royalties and just buy the fucker!

This is the sort of thing that makes writers go on strike, you know.

*sulk*

Remember there's a hoard of little Diggles he has to feed, don't snatch the bread from their mouths!

damn,next time i want to ask for an ilegal comic format i´ll have to remember that now we have the writer lurking around! :cool:

Jon, paypal Andy the sixpence in old money that you owe him RIGHT NOW,

or he'll go on strike. Or the game.

And no-one wants that.

Jon, paypal Andy the sixpence in old money that you owe him RIGHT NOW,

or he'll go on strike. Or the game.

And no-one wants that.

I'd pay good money to see Andy on the game.

:ohmy:

:icon_redface:

(Never mind me)

actually its all part of my plan to get mina back.

Jon, do any international market consider Argentina as a possible client?

PS1, now comics... I hope you eat real food!!

;)

Cheers man. Eventually the situation will change thanks to the Net, I hope. Andy, do you receive some money from the Internet services? I guess the Hollywood writers are on strike for some kind of Internet rights, am I right?

i´ll get on that subject when i come back from work,spain.

maybe i´ll get into it tomorrow.Right now i have to go spend andy´s royalties in beer at the pub. :ph34r:

Jon, paypal Andy the sixpence in old money that you owe him RIGHT NOW, or he'll go on strike. Or the game.

Well, I do already work in the bedroom...

So yes i download comics instead of buying them, and yes i make Andy diggle sad :blush: ....but i happen to live in a country in wich imported things are way more expensive than they should......sometimes waaaaaay more expensive than they should be.

Jon, no sweat about downloading if you genuinely don't have access to imported comics. Obviously us writers and artists don't get any royalties from illegally torrented downloads, and royalties help pay our mortgages and feed and clothe our families. But hell, that just proves the need for the majors like DC and Marvel to come up with a legal, easy-to-use, reasonably-priced, Paypal-based system for downloading their comics content legally.

iTunes for comics, that's what we need. It ain't rocket science.

Or you could subscribe.

maybe i´ll get into it tomorrow.Right now i have to go spend andy´s royalties in beer at the pub. :ph34r:

Maybe it should have its own thread.

It's not like we'd want to cheat ya outta your royalties, Andy. I mean here in the Philippines the only way I can my Hellblazer fix legally is to buy TPBs, and they're already heavily taxed as it is. :(

Publishers would probably say this is not the answer ...

http://mckelvie.wordpress.com/2007/11/01/t...nting/#comments

but he's got a point.

But I’m not naive enough to think that this is going to stop people torrenting my stuff. So, with that in mind, if you *have* downloaded my comics and liked them, and you want to support the artist behind them so that he can continue to make comics, feel free to use the Paypal button below to send a few dollars or pounds my way.

Why it's not the answer?? Come on, instead of having to get your paper books through sellers, editors, transporters, adouane taxes, editors again, and finally authors, why don't getting your e-books through paypal and finally authors?

It should be a bit more complicated, because of copyrights, but I think Internet can make things eaaaasier and more worldwide!!

Well, Adrian did say PUBLISHERS would not think it was the answer....which is speaking almost exactly to what you wrote, Spain.

And, the quote he included also answers why it is not THE ANSWER, rather than it being "an answer".

The only fault of it I can find is that I love to have a copy of a book in my hands and hoard it. Other obsessive types would find the same problem.

I am turning into the obsessive type of PDF everything.

XD

I doubt Internet would make publishers dissapear, as well as TV did not make radio dissapear, or movies did not make theater dissappear.

At least for the moment. Without doubt, Internet is making everyone adapt.

And I got the solution for your problems with hard copies - soft ware antagonism.

http://www.eink.com/technology/

They are working on colour ones, but it's more difficult.

(Edit: by the way I still prefer the original cd, and paper comics, but technology is giving practical options, which I think it should be the purpose of technology)

No. I know it wouldn't make publishers disappear. In the comic world, you know that company owned books like Spider Man and X-Men would still be under the publishers control....and after all, the mainsteam superhero books are where the Big Two make all their money, really.

But, it would cut into profit. And, that's something corporations never like to see in a Capitalist world.

Remember when Radiohead decided to publish their new CD online, the companies all got pissed off.

It's just one Radiohead CD. It didn't put anyone out of business. The companies were still making their tons of money off of hundreds of other artists, but it still made them upset to see some of that profit get away and the threat that others could follow.