Mr.E.D.Meaner

....For Everything Else There's Constantine

Bus fare to the comic store: $2 (NZD)

HellBlazer comic book: $7 (NZD)

HellBlazer TPB: $35 (NZD)

Making a movie from Hellblazer while screwing over eveything it's fans like about it: USELESS

For everything else theres constantine:

PICT1695.jpg

This is on the side of a building on one of the main streets in Christchurch, and is probably a good 6-7 floors high. I'm guessing what, a good 30 metres? I thought you lot might be intereste. I'm sure y'all have things just like it where y'all are, but I was surprised to see it myself I must say. I never really imagined it as a movie that would recieve much hype, as say to Oceans 12 (the billboard previous to this) I spose because I've heard nothign but criticism of it here haha.

Never-the-less....

What an abomination :p

What an abomination :p

eh! I understand your pain, but I would be very happy seeing something like it where I live (wich won't happen...)

Anyway, much thanks. :D

to be honest I didnt use the bus, I rode, I didnt buy a hellblazer single, I bought the losers and ojo, and I didnt buy a hellblazer trade :shy: I bought a fables one. I was just using the ole mastercard ad slogan for "humorous" :icon_rolleyes: effect. Ironically, I didnt use a mastercard either...I paid in cash....

Sorry :D :icon_rolleyes:

For everything else theres constantine:

PICT1695.jpg

This is on the side of a building on one of the main streets in Christchurch

Dammit - It took a second for that picture to load up and I thought for one glorious moment that some nutter Hellblazer fan had erected a billboard with your Useless bit!

Great picture all the same, thanks for sharing it - would love to see other snaps from around the world of Constantine advertising.

Bah, I was hoping those posters were early mock-ups.

You should pop the photo on your Constantine site, John.

:blink: Wow! Now that's a promo.

Oh and funny bit, Ben, especially as none of it was true! :laugh:

Edited by Lou K

Bah, I was hoping those posters were early mock-ups.

You should pop the photo on your Constantine site, John.

I could have taken a better picture, but I just jumped off my bike and snapped one or two pics. If you did want on the site I could send you a higher rez shot john.

Heres a close up:

PICT1696.jpg

You also might say that constantine is "too big for its boots" haha, seeing as they obviously made the banner too long (see bottom of banner)

So I'm not the only one Lou, to be surprised in seeing such a big marketing number on this movie. I guess I imagine its appeal would be to comic book readers.

Oh my God!

Has anyone noticed Keanuntine is holding the shitty Holy Shotgun in his right hand? It just looks so fucking awful!

to be honest I didnt use the bus, I rode, I didnt buy a hellblazer single, I bought the losers and ojo, and I didnt buy a hellblazer trade :shy: I bought a fables one. I was just using the ole mastercard ad slogan for "humorous" :icon_rolleyes:  effect. Ironically, I didnt use a mastercard either...I paid in cash....

Sorry :D :icon_rolleyes:

Aw shit man, you got me all excited.

Anyways can I borrow Ojo #2 and Losers #8 to whatever-it's-up-to-now? I'll lend all of Mike Carey's Hellblazer (#175- #201) in exchange.

I like the other shot better, Ben, as you really get a sense of how big that is.

Yeah, I went for the follow-up deatil shot :D Thanks

Oh my God!

Has anyone noticed Keanuntine is holding the shitty Holy Shotgun in his right hand? It just looks so fucking awful!

Yeah, it's orrible innit! If you look closer too, you'll also notice its got a roatting magazine like you would see in a Tommy-Gun, so expect some rapid fire Holy Shitgun action :D

Aw shit man, you got me all excited.

Anyways can I borrow Ojo #2 and Losers #8 to whatever-it's-up-to-now? I'll lend all of Mike Carey's Hellblazer (#175- #201) in exchange.

Aye, I will indeed, I would have monday, but I couldnt make it in the end im afaird. You'll be relieved/pleased to hear then that I bought HellBlazer 197-201 today :D All the back issues they had before gaps appeared (i.e the next most recent comic was 180, so I wouldnt have got any run on if I bought that. But that said, I would very much like to borrow your Carey Run :D

Dammit - It took a second for that picture to load up and I thought for one glorious moment that some nutter Hellblazer fan had erected a billboard with your Useless bit!

Claire and I could always go on a midnight mission to take down the poster and burn it/send it in pieces to our resident Keanuphiles. Top dollar would go for the crotch and face areas ;) Or maybe as a present to you john, some wall/toilet paper perhaps :D?

Claire and I could always go on a midnight mission to take down the poster and burn it/send it in pieces to our resident Keanuphiles.

<Insert image of burning smiley on building from Fight Club here>

Claire and I could always go on a midnight mission to take down the poster and burn it/send it in pieces to our resident Keanuphiles. Top dollar would go for the crotch and face areas ;) Or maybe as a present to you john, some wall/toilet paper perhaps :D?

Got any more toxic KFC stashed away? And how high do you think you can hiff it?

I don't suppose you two could stand across the road from that building and get someone to stand further back and take your picture with it in the background ?

Ive never been involved in, nor ever considered public vandalism...but the thought of throwing eggs at this and posting a photo on here of Keanu with egg on his face sounds AWFULLY enticing :D

i'm diggin myself deeper here eek!

lol, this is my 1337 post :o

Sorry about the double!