Sign in to follow this  
wolvy

GI JOE!!! The Movie.

You know, I always liked Tomax, Xamot, and Zartan.

Those were my very favourite G.I. Joe characters.

The comics really won me over on Zartan, especially the issues before the Dreadnoks were introduced, when he was some crazy guy living out in the swamps, isolated from everyone.

Later, when they revealed he was a great ninja master? Not so much.

They made Snake Eyes such a bad ass with a tortured past that my young comic reading self couldn't help but eventually like him also, just as I liked Wolverine.

I always personally saw myself as this guy,

viper12.jpg

Three guesses who it is. First right answer gets JACK SHIT!!!!

He is da viper, he has come to vipe da vindows.

He is an Eastern European, I think, window washer mistaken for a Cobra agent. He kept calling one of the Joe HQs and combined his accent and scruffy voice, the Joe team thinks he's with Cobra and will attack them. Hillarious hijinks abound.

You can send my "jack shit" out anytime.

damn I knew it too... if I hadn't gotten called into work...

christian I hate that make every character a ninja warrior just let stormshadow and snake eyes be the ninjas is what I say... I also like barbecue or most of characters that wore mask like destro. I even love golden destros outfit...

I always personally saw myself as this guy,

viper12.jpg

Three guesses who it is. First right answer gets JACK SHIT!!!!

He is da viper, he has come to vipe da vindows.

He is an Eastern European, I think, window washer mistaken for a Cobra agent. He kept calling one of the Joe HQs and combined his accent and scruffy voice, the Joe team thinks he's with Cobra and will attack them. Hillarious hijinks abound.

You can send my "jack shit" out anytime.

Ladys and gentlemen we have a wiener. Don Pardo tell him what he's won.

Shawn you have won a lifetime supply of jack shit. Your first installment is to be given to you IMMEDIATELLY!

0200024_united_kingdom_union_jack_air_freshener.jpgistockphoto_769795_poop.jpg

Thank you, Thank you all. *sniff* I promised myself I wouldn't cry.

First I would like to thank my parents for letting me sit and watch hours of TV as a child to make up for my inability to have proper social relationships. Ah, the good ol' days of the cartoons of Transformers, He-Man, GI JOE, Voltron, The REAL Ghostbusters, Rainbow Bright......erm........my sister watched it.....that's it.

I gladly accept my reward. You are all sad, pathetic geeks. And all wonderful people. In someone's eyes, anyway.

Just like me. :biggrin:

Rainbow Bright......erm........my sister watched it.....that's it.

yeah right and probably watched shera too because your sisters watched or the huggables now that was a creepy show... :lol:

joseph gordon levitt is going to play cobra commander and I found some episodes on youtube

Yet more JOE news from Outpost Gallifrey's news page:

Former Doctor Who Christopher Eccleston is set to star in the up and coming Stephen Sommers-directed film G.I. Joe, based on the Hasbro toy line and Devil's Due comic. He will play Destro, COBRA's arms dealer and love interest of the Baroness.

http://www.gallifreyone.com/news.php#newsi...yEZllApQUnTKKuW

I read on comingsoon.net that its mostly going to be about their origins and how they got to be the way ther were. For instance why does Destro wear the Steel mask and I wanted to scream. He's scottish and its a curse from his family that he has to wear it...

Yet more JOE news from Outpost Gallifrey's news page:

Former Doctor Who Christopher Eccleston is set to star in the up and coming Stephen Sommers-directed film G.I. Joe, based on the Hasbro toy line and Devil's Due comic. He will play Destro, COBRA's arms dealer and love interest of the Baroness.

http://www.gallifreyone.com/news.php#newsi...yEZllApQUnTKKuW

How the mighty have fallen...

A fun article on G.I. Joe.

And not just the movie, but G.I. Joe everything.

The part at the end looking back at the toys from the 80s will bring many a memory back to some of us.

http://www.seancarless.com/gettingtoknowyourjoes.html

That was major coolness I wish I still had my old action figures...

The part where the guy refers to Snow Job as the"Aquaman" of the show is perfect.

Am I the only one,even as a kid,who knew that Shipwreck was a rip off of Jack Nicholson from The Last Detail?