JohnMcMahon

Comics Britannia

JohnMcMahon    595

I think this might have been mentioned before but I can't find any related threads so thought I'd start a new one.

Comics Britannia is a three part documentary series covering comics in the Uk, originally broadcast a few months back it's just been rebroadcast on BBC3&4. The first episode covers stuff like the Beano and Dandy, the second boys (Charley's War etc.) and girls (Bunty) comics and the third more adult fare.

Each includes interviews with related creators and semi-famous (Stewart Lee) readers. Unfortunately I only caught the first episode and the very end of the third but both were dead good, offering a fascinating insight into the development of the UK's comic industry.

sethos    5
I think this might have been mentioned before but I can't find any related threads so thought I'd start a new one.

Comics Britannia is a three part documentary series covering comics in the Uk, originally broadcast a few months back it's just been rebroadcast on BBC3&4. The first episode covers stuff like the Beano and Dandy, the second boys (Charley's War etc.) and girls (Bunty) comics and the third more adult fare.

Each includes interviews with related creators and semi-famous (Stewart Lee) readers. Unfortunately I only caught the first episode and the very end of the third but both were dead good, offering a fascinating insight into the development of the UK's comic industry.

I wish I could find a torrent of this, only saw the second episode last night.

Pooka    820

There was defo a thread about this at the time.

I didn't bother with the first two, but the one that looked at Alan Moore was great. Seeing the artwork for V For Vendetta on a big(ish) screen TV was incredible.