romxxii

Incredible Hulk

While googling for World War Hulk: Frontline, I managed to stumble on this interview with Louis Leterrier re: the new Hulk movie:

http://www.wizarduniverse.com/magazine/wizard/006462271.cfm

It looks like they're going to veer off from the slow-as-molasses-drama-and-mutie-dog-bashing-fest of Ang Lee's Hulk in favor of heavy action scenes Leterrier is known for.

However, with writing credits from the godawfully mediocre Zak Penn (X3 - 'nuff said) and the wholly untested Edward Norton, I'm scared already. Based on a review of Norton's script(see here), it looks like we're going to get same braindead tripe that seems to be the new standard of Marvel's comics-to-film campaign.

Oh well, can't imagine it being worst than the first and at least Abomination is in this one.

Noticed this:

"Well, I'm told it's the DC weekly comic that will follow "Final Crisis," written by Kurt Busiek. Starring Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman, Mark Bagley will draw every issue himself. Well, 14-16 pages of it anyway, for a whole year, with Fabian Nicieza contributing to a weekly back up feature with rotating artists."

Another fucking weekly series? Geez, DC! It's being written by Busiek, so I'm sure it'll be good, and I might decide to buy this one unlike Countdown, but just the principle of it all.

Oh well, can't imagine it being worst than the first and at least Abomination is in this one.

True. I'm just hoping Leterrier pulls his weight on the movie. Don't mind it being action, so long as it's coherent action. Oh, and Doc Samson and Leader will be in it too, although from the news, it doesn't seem like they'll be taking on their gamma-irradiated personas yet.

Noticed this:

"Well, I'm told it's the DC weekly comic that will follow "Final Crisis," written by Kurt Busiek. Starring Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman, Mark Bagley will draw every issue himself. Well, 14-16 pages of it anyway, for a whole year, with Fabian Nicieza contributing to a weekly back up feature with rotating artists."

Another fucking weekly series? Geez, DC! It's being written by Busiek, so I'm sure it'll be good, and I might decide to buy this one unlike Countdown, but just the principle of it all.

shouldn't this be in the Comics section? :laugh: seriously though, with Busiek and Nicieza (I love his work in Cable/Deadpool) writing and Bagley drawing, this should be a hoot, but who the hell wants to keep up with a weekly series?

Yes. THE Edward Norton. However, I'm not really too impressed with him, especially with his comparatively dreadful performance in Red Dragon (then again, we're comparing him to William Petersen). Since they're gearing it towards being more of a popcorn film, I'm hoping it will be entertaining enough.

I rather like that. I am feeling more positive about this film. Norton plays a good Banner. And that Hulk looks as he should, huge with lots of muscles. I am glad they change the Abomination a bit. Also, the Hulk having a proper super-villian to save the "puny humans" from is a great and much needed change.

The scene at the end with Banner falling out of the copter then leaving a huge crater from which he emerges as the Hulk is awesome.

That looks fucking incredible. I'm sold.

Didn't they borrow the throw-Banner-from-the-chopper-so-that-he-emerges-as-the-Hulk dealio from the Ultimates? Regardless, it's still sweet. And so is Edward Norton.

The first half of that trailer is awesome.The second half is a little weak.Why does the actual Hulk always look stupid as hell.

CGI makes lou Ferrigno cry.

What sells me on the trailer are the by-standers running for their lives out of the way from the two beats charging for each other. Don't know why, but that excites me, heh. icon6.gif

Johnzilla like Hulk!!

That looks good - it's early days and that's just a teaser...but I think it's a good 'un. Marvel becoming its own studio seems to have done Iron Man and Hulk no end of goodness!

(can't wait for the Downey Jnr cameo - Iron Man tries to stop Hulk before getting lobbed into space...then Samuel L. Fury rolls his eye.)

Aye, the trailer looks good enough. Ed Norton and Tim Roth would be enough in themselves to guarantee my interest in this movie. But why does the Hulk have to come up against another Hulk-type again*? Is there no other credible foe?

And the "drop Banner from the helicopter" trick worked in The Ultimates because it was done against his will, therefore making him angry. He seemed quite calm & willing in that clip which would surely mean he would just hit the pavement as a puree before he had a chance to get angry? Maybe his line that "maybe I can control it" means he can bring on the change willingly, but that's not how he transforms, is it? Or am I wrong?

* that said, the closing clip of the two hurling themselves at each other looks immense.

I suspect the being dropped, willingly or otherwise, out of a helicopter would may one panic somewhat.

I'm no Hulk expert but I don't think anger has to be the catalyst for the transformation. I think it's fairly general negative emotion.

I don't think anger has to be the catalyst for the transformation. I think it's fairly general negative emotion.

"Don't make me melancholy. You won't like me when I'm melancholy"

"Whatever knows fear burns at the Hulk-thing's touch!"

They have a choice of two options when it comes to Hulk's main foes.

The Leader-a guy with hydroencephalitis who is incredibly smart

The Abomination-Hulk's evil half, but with retained intelligence

Clearly they made the right choice.

Finally had a chance to see the trailer. It looks considerably better than the first on, which makes me happy in and of itself.

I'm cool with the Abomination, who is way more interesting than the Absorbing Man thing that Nolte played. I WANT heros to go up against their counterparts! It makes for an awesome display of power.

I used to love th eBill Bixby series when I was a kid and had my hulk underroos on when I ran my families house terrorizing my sisters friends.... I have never saw the crap that was the Ang lee version but this actually looks good...

The first half of that trailer is awesome.The second half is a little weak.Why does the actual Hulk always look stupid as hell.

The Hulk always looks like that because that's how he's supposed to look. That's how Kirby drew him, after all; as wide as he is tall.

CGI makes lou Ferrigno cry.

Honestly, the only good thing about the live action series was Bill Bixby. Even as a child, I always thought Lou Ferrigno wasn't green, big, and angry enough. Plus he always had that terrible haircut. And let's face it, his "displays of strength" were hardly incredible. Impressive, yes, considering Ferrigno's mass, but not what you'd expect from a 10 foot tall gamma-irradiated monster.

Not too fond of this movie though. Two things bother me from the trailer:

Ed Norton's acting (which still can't convince me he's Bruce Banner) and this weird twitch the Hulk gives after he first climbs out and starts walking towards the Abomination.

Oh and I hope they clean up the CGI. They're too damn shiny. They should've gotten WETA Digital. Those guys've already developed realistic CGI skin tone, accurate down to the translucency!

Apparently Tony Stark appears in the TV trailer. There's a Flash clip at

http://www.latinoreview.com/news/new-hulk-...tony-stark-4804.

I haven't watched it yet. If it's the same trailer St Apathy linked above, my bad.

I'm honestly not that keen on this movie. "HULK SMASH!" has not been my kind of movie for a year now. On the other hand, that Tony Stark appearance seems to be worth it.

Did...anyone watch this film yet then? I still have plans to go and see Iron Man and then Incredible Hulk in a Marvel spectacular double bill. Wise move?