Rogan

Constantine POLLice...

Yeah but to be fair, Superhero Hype, as the title indicates, is more concerned with superbooks than mature readers titles. As a result, their readers will therefore contain more Batman/Fantastic Four/Elektra fans than Constantine.

Granted, you've got Sin City, but that has the advantage of being the baby of Frank Miller, who wrote DKSB and Batman: Year One whereas Hellblazer's most popular superhero author is probably either Warren Ellis (who only did nine issues) or Paul Jenkins (whose issues are out of circulation). Also, the Sin City trailer looks awesome in ways that the Constantine trailer doesn't even approach.

neverhteless - Elektra?! Friggin' Elektra had more votes than Constantine?

This Holy-gun wielding Actionsteen should appeal to the SHH population, no? I mean, half of them are Matrix geekboys!

At least Constantine looks better that the FF...

Elektra has a steaming hot female lead and is a spinoff off a movie lots of people know. Constantine is an "adaptation" of a semi-cult comic book.

You do the math.

He means that it won't do very well immediately, but good word of mouth will result in a hit for the studio.

I reckon it'll do okay in the cinemas, but well in rentals and home video.

i was thinking of something with a more Willecomian ring to it, Ade...

reaper kit ?

BEEPer twit ?

sneaker pimp ?

Constantine will make more money than all of them outside of Batman Begins.

AMEN, brothers and sisters.

It would only be good for us, eventually. how could it be bad?. [please don't tell me, allow me to delude mysef.]

"Constantine" has Reeves going for it, but yeah, I'm not surprised by the results either.

How many people know who "Batman" is and read his books? How many know who John Constantine is and read his books?

Even among comic book fans, many of them don't really know much about "Hellblazer", other than hearing the title and knowing (for some reason) that they don't want to buy it. I guess because it doesn't have an over-muscled guy in spandex on the cover.

Elektra is more prominent than "Hellblazer", and has a hot woman in skimpy clothes, which beats a skinny guy in a trenchcoat any day amongst male comic book fans! :biggrin:

Constantine will make more money than all of them outside of Batman Begins.

I can't see Constantine making more worldwide profits than Fantastic Four. Perhaps more than Electra, but I think the totals will be similiar between those two. Electra looks like it might be interesting but I won't see it because they didn't get a Greek lead actress like it's supposed to be. :icon_rolleyes:

No.....Catwoman had a woman in a "make-it-yourself in 15 minutes" costume!

Anyway, I agree with Andy that F.F. will make more money, because it will be a largely hyped Marvel production like X-Men, Spidey, DD, and Hulk. One of their main characters.

I can't see Constantine making more worldwide profits than Fantastic Four.  Perhaps more than Electra, but I think the totals will be similiar between those two.

Dude!

I get the impression that you've seen the first Elektra trailer - the one that makes it look like "Mortral Kombat : Even Worse Than The Other Two" - I don't see how anyone could look at the available promotional material for both movies and think that Elektra would even come close.

FF4 is a differnt matter - my gut tells me it'll crash harder than any Marvel movie from the last 10 years but we'll see....

Well I don't know much about the Electra comics but that film looks like it'll at least merit a rental from me. Keanu is a bigger worldwide star than Jennifer Gardner so that alone tips the scales in favor of Constantine despite the fact that the Electra comics sell more than Hellblazer. I don't know much about how the Fantastic Four film will fare but it'll probably be hyped something chronic which will ensure a big opening weekend at least even if the film turns out to be crap..probably something along the lines of how The Hulk performed.

I dunno....I'm not a big fan of actors, so I don't recognize many, but my girlfriend knows more actors than me, and together we recognized two names. Maybe that's why?

1.Invisible Woman-Jessica Alba (I know of her)

2.Dr. Doom-Julian McMahon

3.Thing-Michael Chiklis-We know him!

4.Mr. Fantastic-Ian Gruffudd

5.Human Torch-Chris Evans

From the pics I've seen, they do seem to have made good choices for all the characters, except Invisible Woman (but comic fans should go for her in tight clothes), though.