londonsurrealist

Vote for Hellblazer Spinoffs!

I take issue only with your suggestion of Diggle and Manco working on this project, at least in the manner you suggest.

Instead, I feel that for this project Andy Diggle should draw Leo Manco and Leo Manco should write Andy Diggle, but have no further involvement with the project.

Maybe every frame should have a different writer and artist? When you say Manco should write Andy Diggle do you mean that he should write the words "Andy Diggle" or that he should write a story that represents Andy Diggle in some way?

I was thinking Leo Manco should write Andy Diggle's reality based dialogue, but if maintaining a sentient being is too much work for an artist with a full palette, then I would be satisfied if Leo Manco just wrote the words "Andy Diggle".

Though, I believe I've now lost the plot.

good then there we have everyone is spoken mange gets his own ogn... hear that vertigo... don't make me come over to your offices and slap you in the head with my tuna...

Ric the Vic, Header and...damn! I forgot the other chap's name.

Or Angie, my fave of John's girlies.

Gemma or Map,though instead of a special or mini I'd rather just an issue or two in the main title,like Carey's two parter that featured Gemma and Ghant.

Nope fuck it,I take it back,I want an all Ghant issue.

Gemma or Map,though instead of a special or mini I'd rather just an issue or two in the main title,like Carey's two parter that featured Gemma and Ghant.

Nope fuck it,I take it back,I want an all Ghant issue.

How about a Ghant cookbook?

The Header Chronicles!!!!

I SOOOO second that.

or a collected works of all of Nigel's poetry published by White Wolf.

-b

In which case could have the whole thing whisky-scented.

2618540522_28c0ba4340_s.jpg

Scratch 'n' sniff graphics, perhaps? If only they could produce such things that didn't all smell like vaguely sweet and sweaty paper.

Of the more likely spin-offs, I'd go with Gemma or maybe Angie. Though I too would like to see what Header gets up to.

I'd most dearly love a Demon Constantine spin-off, though it doesn't seem very probable. I recall John breaking his neck in Down in the Ground Where the Dead Men Go, though I assume he'll recover. I really hope so. I'm disgustingly fond of him/it.

I don't think the Demon Constantine is at all interesting and really doesn't warrant a spin-off series. What could the storyline even be?

I'm quite surprised that we never got a Gemma spin-off to cash in on the whole post-Buffy teenage girl Wiccan zeitgeist that existed a few years ago. Quite glad that never happened actually as didn't Vertigo publish some dreary Wiccan comic crap anyway at the time.

I'd shy away from having a spin-off that featured any of John's supporting cast and instead having some kind of historical tale using one of John's to date unknown ancestors. Perhaps during the Age of Reason which saw the rise of Newton, Hooke and The Royal Society. I think that there's a possibility for conflict what with the throwing off of the shackles of the occult that was occuring and the spread of rationalism.

Dammit.

I'd like to see a one-off with every friend John ever accidentally got killed sitting around in purgatory talking about how it happened.

I´m enjoying Chas mini and I´d like to see more. This creative team is perfect for more Chas stories.

Other character that I´d like to see back is Kit Ryan. Since her special I still think she could have a mini or be back in John´s life.

If Obama is elected,* what would you say would be the chances of another Papa Midnite spinoff where he finally gets to pass away?

* Yeah, I know.

Map, for certain, though I'd rather it stick to a couple of issues rather than the standard five or six (I don't much care of excessive decompression for the sake of trade bundling).

Actually, something that might be better would be a quarterly or bi-annual special, featuring a different character of Hellblazer mythos for a stand-alone tale. I'd buy something like Hellblazer: The Snob. Or even one about whatever happened to Richie Simpson could be good.

I don't think the Demon Constantine is at all interesting and really doesn't warrant a spin-off series. What could the storyline even be?

I'm quite surprised that we never got a Gemma spin-off to cash in on the whole post-Buffy teenage girl Wiccan zeitgeist that existed a few years ago. Quite glad that never happened actually as didn't Vertigo publish some dreary Wiccan comic crap anyway at the time.

I'd shy away from having a spin-off that featured any of John's supporting cast and instead having some kind of historical tale using one of John's to date unknown ancestors. Perhaps during the Age of Reason which saw the rise of Newton, Hooke and The Royal Society. I think that there's a possibility for conflict what with the throwing off of the shackles of the occult that was occuring and the spread of rationalism.

That'll be Newton the well-known alchemist then?

Actually, something that might be better would be a quarterly or bi-annual special, featuring a different character of Hellblazer mythos for a stand-alone tale. I'd buy something like Hellblazer: The Snob. Or even one about whatever happened to Richie Simpson could be good.

Making it bi-annual would be just asking for trouble.

If Obama is elected,* what would you say would be the chances of another Papa Midnite spinoff where he finally gets to pass away?

Hey! That idea is mine!

Bah, Papa Midnite is about to pass away. Now is not about being black or white. The important thing now is the green. The more green you have, the more important you are.

I want to know the story of Mange. I love Mange. My friends love Mange. And in the new translation they fucked up his accent, also the tipsy accent he had during the party, hence taking out the funniest part of the comic. Crom knows why.