Sign in to follow this  
sethos

new Toy thread

Friggin' excellent. Been diggin on these God of War action figures myself.

Still really want the Flash Gordon stuff and have my eye on these uber-expensive revoltech transformers but after what I did to my wallet this christmas, well, I'll have to pass.

Seen the Legendary Comic Book heroes yet? There's a sweet Judge Dredd and if you buy them all you can build the gigantic Pitt figure. I did, and it was awesome.

Lou - I've just taken Manthing to the Post Office, so let me know when he arrives safe.

I don't play World of Warcraft but DC Direct, under the pseudoname DC Unlimited, has come up with some seriously sweet WoW action figures.

I had to grab this one becasue it is just so kick ass.

Also scored the new Illidan Stormrage deluxe box set figure but don't have any pics just yet. motherfucker is so big he has to come in a huge box! Actually, thie figure's only about 6 or 7 inches tall but the wingspan puts him over 12 inches! Lemme see if I can get some pics...here we are...

0407_dcd_wow_sm.jpg

[edit] - I just opened it*. he's got a 14.5 " wingspan that puts him 14" tall for a 6 " figure. Awesome! (Sorry, left my metric tape measure at work)

Alas, the tip of his right handed double edged battle blade was bent about 1 mm in (the metric system really is superior). I knew it was brittle, but it looked silly so I had to bend it back into place knowing it would break. After staring at it for a bit I whittled it down with a sharp knife and it looks alright, slightly shorter and duller but not so's you would know it.

*That's right - opened it.

I don't play World of Warcraft but DC Direct, under the pseudoname DC Unlimited, has come up with some seriously sweet WoW action figures.

I had to grab this one becasue it is just so kick ass.

Also scored the new Illidan Stormrage deluxe box set figure but don't have any pics just yet. motherfucker is so big he has to come in a huge box! Actually, thie figure's only about 6 or 7 inches tall but the wingspan puts him over 12 inches! Lemme see if I can get some pics...here we are...

0407_dcd_wow_sm.jpg

[edit] - I just opened it*. he's got a 14.5 " wingspan that puts him 14" tall for a 6 " figure. Awesome! (Sorry, left my metric tape measure at work)

Alas, the tip of his right handed double edged battle blade was bent about 1 mm in (the metric system really is superior). I knew it was brittle, but it looked silly so I had to bend it back into place knowing it would break. After staring at it for a bit I whittled it down with a sharp knife and it looks alright, slightly shorter and duller but not so's you would know it.

*That's right - opened it.

yeah, I still want that Orc figure. it's an awesome pose. wonder if they'll do Prince Arthas.

Hey Lou, dunno if you know but the popular Gunslinger Spawn action figure makes his appearance in the Spawn issue tomorrow. Two issues devoted on his history.

spawn-27-gunslinger.jpg

gunslinger-spawn-12-inch.jpg

spawn_comic_cover_174_cl.jpg

spawn175.jpg

Then i'm buying it for sure. Love that two gun cover. Figure could have turned out a bit better*, but I have one just the same.

* I mean, they got the coat, boots, hat, belt and guns just right but underneath it all it's just looks like Spawn dressed up like a cowboy for Halloween.

That cover by Capullo(I'm assuming it's a cover*)is amazing I just might grab those two issues,damn you,successful instance of cross promotion,damn you to hell.

Also,that line of action figures Lou mentioned before,they have a two pack with Mack and Panda from Body Bags.The detail on Macks belt and wallet chain are nuts.You could probably cut something with the knifes he comes with.

*the one done in mostly brown shades,not the double barrell gun one.

I found a fucked up and broken one of these...

norm44ea616848cc7bladerha6.jpg

In a prop box here at the theater I'm working at. That boltlock is gone and so is the hammer. The first trigger has broken off, too. On the other side, the little cylinder with the green LEDs is gone. And it's scratched all to hell, but's a resin cast PK-D as sure as I'm looking at it. It looks like someone's kid had it and fucked it up, but the guy who runs the place said he used it as a prop in a murder mystery they did a year or so ago and he hadn't seen it since then. I offered him $20 for it since Bladerunner is one of my favorite movies and I've always thought Decker's gun is one of the best sci-fi props of ALL TIME. He said no, but I made him look at its condition and told him the prop Needed me. I sensed him wavering. Maybe if I offered him $30?

kh2formationcloud.jpg

my latest buy, Cloud Strife Kingdom Hearts figure. it's funny, I have no great love for Final Fantasy VII and no love at all for Kingdom Hearts, but I think this figure is all kinds of awesome.

True that, I have never played FF but the figures are most awesome.

Would you believe I haven't found any good action figures here in China? This is where they're all made innit? Of course, I've only had two days to look.

I cracked that PK-D open and it has an LED requiring an N sized battery. Upon further inspection, I discovered that an N sized battery is Duracell's way of putting 4 watch batteries into a metal cylinder with endcaps. I had no idea. So I'm wondering if I just shove 4 watch batteries (A76 sized) in there real good if they'll stay. Anybody on here do any prop building or action figure customizing?

I customize action figures. Sweet gun.

Now that Conan figure is cool as hell. McFarlane screwed up by not going after the licenses that they knew the people want. Now NECA is giving us Conan and McF's Movie Maniacs line no longer exists.

http://www.thefwoosh.com/2010/01/costume-contumely-the-devolution-of-action-figures-or-how-i-learned-to-stop-worrying-and-love-marvel-universe-figures

There is a fanboy that I see a lot at my local comic shop. His name is Eric. Eric loves the Marvel Universe line. He told me that he just thinks they are fun toys, that the lower price point makes him feel more relaxed about collecting them and that the scale was easier for him to both display and store. So, basically he was making an argument for how convenient they are. Seriously? That’s how we’re going to evaluate superhero toys now; how “easy” they are to collect? And how much “fun” they are? I’m sorry but I have no time for people that want to half ass toy collecting. If you’re not willing to make the sacrifices necessary to collect toys properly, then in my opinion, you don’t derserve to collect toys. I’m sorry, I really am but that’s how I feel and nobody is going to make me say otherwise. That sort of collecting disrespects the properties themselves. If you want to gripe about figures aimed at kids, like scuba Spidey, then you can’t turn around and say, “I bought this because it’s fun to play with”. That’s a double standard I can’t abide. Collect with respect or get the F outta the way.

:shrug:

Yeah, I don't get it. They're toys. They're fun to play with.

In the meantime I bought this

P1200032.jpg