Sign in to follow this  
JohnMcMahon

New Frontier

"Rated PG-13 for violent content/images"

I hadn't heard they were doing an animated Justice League movie based on the Darwyn Cooke mini-series. That was a really good mini-series.

Haven't read the mini-series yet, but I just finished the movie. What can I say? It feels overextended, IMHO. I mean, great job with tying the Golden Age into the Silver Age, but it felt like three different stories joined together, and not necessarily in the best way possible. Climactic battle scene was also, for me, a bit anti-climactic.

Oh, and they didn't have the Silver-age Green Arrow, so minus 2 points in my book. Unless of course, he wasn't slated to show up yet.

Loved the intro though. And Batman kicking ass in his Golden age getup.

Green Arrow only had a very small part in the mini-series. He was shown in background scenes. I don't believe he even said one word.

"Announced in mid December 2007; Cooke and DC Comics will release a follow-up special titled Justice League: The New Frontier Special. It will tie into the release of the direct-to-video animated movie adapting the story called Justice League: The New Frontier. Cooke was interviewed on Newsarama, where he revealed that the book will include a collection of stories such as the battle between Superman and Batman, a Wonder Woman/Black Canary story where Cooke described it as a "parody along the lines of the old Mad magazines". Followed by a Robin/Kid Flash story, fighting Red saboteurs.

The 48 page book will be released in March 2008."