Mick

Wolverine Origin

New wolverine film is now in production about his early years, yadda yadda yadda.

Honestly had very very little intrest in this film untill i found out it will also star GAMBIT, yeah finally get the ragin cajun on the big screen its about damn time. Hes cast and ready to go, along with deadpool too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X-Men_Origins:_Wolverine

Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool. That's such a Hollywood exec kind of casting choice, yet it is right on the money.

I know that was my reaction. 'Ryan reynolds but.... no wait thats perfect'

Dissapointed sawyer from lost isn't gambit.

Looking at it i think they just want to throw in what people wanted in the x movies, ala gambit and deadpool. But i'm just happy to have gambit on screen.

Its an odd poster considering its supposed to be wolverine before he got the adamantium bonded to him, meaning shouldn't those claws be bone?

Its an odd poster considering its supposed to be wolverine before he got the adamantium bonded to him, meaning shouldn't those claws be bone?

No, because the bone claws were a shit, stupid retcon which the film people will, hopefully, have the sense to ignore. Mind you, the fact that they're including Gambit suggests that they're not averse to taking crappy concepts from the comics, so you could be right.

Also, no because this isn't a poster aimed at comic nerds. To the general audience, Wolverine=metal claws. Simple as that.

I hadn't actually noticed that it does make a W. I dont see much hope for the film it probably will be a good watch but nothing special.

I'm with Mark.

If I recall correctly, Ben Cox;s character said that he "gave [Logan] claws".

Yeah, in the comics it was always taken that Logan was given claws during the project.

When the story-line came up that Wolverine would get the adamantium ripped out of his bones, they decided Wolverine would be a pretty shitty characters if he didn't have claws anymore, so Logan was left with the bone claws after "Fatal Attractions", with no real explanation of why that was the case. I think they used some excuse about his healing factor had grown him bone claws because his body had adapted to him having claws.

It wasn't until Paul Jenkins' Origins series that the bone claws ret-con was put into effect, even though it blatantly contradicts the Barry Windsor-Smith Weapon X mini-series from the 1980s.

I'm showing that I'm a X-nerd here....

Lets focus on the positive eh?

GAMBIT could get his own spin off. (that might seem like a joke to you but a dream for me)

I just hope they don't fuck up the accent. I've never read X-Men (though my girlfriend loves it) but half my family is Cajun and it pisses them off to see Cajuns onscreen with comedy accents. Just because the accent is thick and incomprehensible to outsiders doesn't mean you can just mumble a few nonsense syllables and call it Cajun.

How can someone be so queer for a comic book character?

I dont know i think i had a messed up upbringing... :biggrin:

I just hope they don't fuck up the accent. I've never read X-Men (though my girlfriend loves it) but half my family is Cajun and it pisses them off to see Cajuns onscreen with comedy accents. Just because the accent is thick and incomprehensible to outsiders doesn't mean you can just mumble a few nonsense syllables and call it Cajun.

One of the big arguments with the book, i think, was that no one did his accent correctly but the films will probably have someone onboard to help them nail his accent.

What you talkin' 'bout, mon ami? You don' t'ink dis is a Cajun accent, bon temps roule!

They'll probably make Gambit a Yankee, and give him black hair, and have him be an exorcist, and wear a black trench coat.

One of the big arguments with the book, i think, was that no one did his accent correctly but the films will probably have someone onboard to help them nail his accent.

And here I was hoping that they'd do something like the Cajun accents in Water Boy. :laugh:

Just because the accent is thick and incomprehensible to outsiders doesn't mean you can just mumble a few nonsense syllables and call it Cajun.
Of course you can, it's a free country :P

Why... do you like gambit? For me ranks up there with Venom on the scale of bad things about comics.

I cant rightly say, as a kid he just seemed to be my favourite marvel hero. I also like venom :boogie: