Mick

Wolverine Origin

The bone claws made the whole thing make sense. They weren't planning on Wolverine being who Wolverine turned out to be. The claws were a surprise to them. They didn't understand why or how they developed. That is one of the clearest concepts of the whole comic.

I have some hope for the movie, except for Liev Schrieber as Sabretooth. That's could ruin the whole thing for me. They fucked up Sabretooth in the first movie. He looked awesome but that was about it. Now Liev Schrieber. Seriously? I really hope I'm wrong about him.

Gambit in the movie? Why not? I'm pretty neutral either way.

Gambit and wolverine always tend to work well together story wise.

It was just a mini-series. It was written by Jeph Loeb, when he still had a modicum of respect.

I didn't think it was a bad story. Not a bad premise for an X-related book, and Wolverine and Gambit got to moan about their women troubles a lot which is always good, plus Arcade was in it.

That 4-issue series has been just about all the two have been used together though. They don't have much of a history together.

Wolverine and Gambit did also have their own title for a while. Called, unsurprisingly, Wolverine Gambit. It wasn't any good though.

Its called Wolverine And Gambit: Victims.

I actually really enjoyed it, i unfortunatly own every issues of gambits serise mini serise and spin offs, not every xmen hes been in though that would be obssesive. :laugh:

I actually own every Gambit series and mini-series also. Not spin-offs though.

Oh, wait, no. I only bought the first couple of issues of that awful Gambit & Bishop series, but quickly sold them. That was just too far.

Those first two Gambit mini-series were awful, but I was trying to be a completist at the time they came out, so I bought them. But, the Gambit & Wolverine mini-series, the first ongoing Gambit series and the second Gambit series were pretty good comics. For the time the first Gambit series was being produced, it was probably the best book in the X-line (which isn't the highest of praise, but I'm just saying), and the second Gambit series was a different type of book for the character. If the stigma of the name "Gambit" wasn't on the title, I think more non-X-fans might have gave the book a chance.

I probably own every issue of the X-titles that Gambit appeared in, just because I own most of the X-series from over the years. But, that doesn't have anything directly to do with Gambit, just the fact that I was an obsessive collector of X-titles in my younger days.

Looking at what I just wrote, my past haunts me as much as Gambit's own wasted youth haunts him....

Yeah the first two serise were very bland and didn't add to much to the character. The ongoing ones were brilliant, it was ashame the ended his last serise that was going brilliantly.

...even though it blatantly contradicts the Barry Windsor-Smith Weapon X mini-series from the 1980s.

I'm showing that I'm a X-nerd here....

1991. I'm showing that I'm a jackass here.

Begrudingly that does look awesome.

Liev Shrieber and Danny Houstan in an action film?

I'm in, although I'm not sure about gambit, blob, deadpool et all.

And it's that South African director Gavin Hood I used to watch as a kid (Back then he played the main charatcter in T.V Rugby drama)

In regards to the trailer: meh.

Not overly great looking, but not terrible either.

I will say it is nice to see Wolvy getting some better action scenes than what has been shown in the X-Men movies.

That doesn't seem to work with Sabertooth in the first X-men movie.

Which is good by me, he was completely wasted in that film (The character not the actor if that's what you can call him).

What doesn't work with Sabertooth in the first film? Only if Wolvie actually does kill him is there any kind of difference. I'm presuming that when Logan loses his memory - it also wipes out Sabertooth's acting ability and charisma! fnarr

I'm assuming there will be some sort of experiment near the end to give old Tooth blond hair and exagerated features, and to conveniently wipe his memory.

It does, however, show what appear to be child vrsion of Iceman and Storm. Curious.

Also, Emma Frost. Who will, doubtless, be completely wasted, as all my favourite X-Men characters have been to date.

Does he become easily killable as well? I'm guessing that with the memory wipe he also loses his cunning then.

That doesn't seem to work with Sabertooth in the first X-men movie.

Are we arguing superhero movie continuity now? :laugh: