Mick

Wolverine Origin

Also, Emma Frost. Who will, doubtless, be completely wasted, as all my favourite X-Men characters have been to date.

Try watching x-men the last stand and see what they did to Angel...

Also, Emma Frost. Who will, doubtless, be completely wasted, as all my favourite X-Men characters have been to date.

Speaking of Emma, any one knows who will play her ? I saw the trailer but I really didn´t recognize the actress.

I just watched the leak of the almost finished film yesterday. (My boyfriend downloaded it on his computer and I couldn't avert my eyes! Please forgive me)

Not really a spoiler under there... just my opinions. But I know that some people don't even wanna hear that until they can form their own!

Hugh Jackman was great as per usual, with only a few slight driftings into his Aussie accent (which was actually quite charming).

Liev Schreiber was okay, but the whole time I was thinking that pretty much any other actor could've pulled off the role as well as he did.

Gambit's skills were rawkin', however I just felt like they couldn't get Sawyer from Lost, so they just found someone who sorta could do a mediocre impression of him and then took all the snark of Gambit and turned it into greasy smarm.

Speaking of Lost, Dominic Monaghan (spelling?) makes an all-too-brief appearance.

As far as I could tell, it was worth renting if you're an X-Men fan. Most of the action scenes seemed to solely exist for the purposes of editing a kick-ass trailer.

FIN.

Actually worse than X-Men:The Last Stand, a poor effort from fellow South African Gavin Hood.

How is that even possible!? X3 actively trashed the characters. Wolverine: Origins sounds like it's bad but harmless. Details please!

I was hoping for a fun stupid movie, at least :(

Actually worse than X-Men:The Last Stand, a poor effort from fellow South African Gavin Hood.

How is that even possible!? X3 actively trashed the characters. Wolverine: Origins sounds like it's bad but harmless. Details please!

I was hoping for a fun stupid movie, at least :(

Well Logan and Creed looked the part, but a few days later my friends and I still can't decide on which was the worst scene in the film.

We were that spoilt for choice.

I'm now thinking that the cinema accidentally screened the leaked incomplete version as the special effects were that poor.

This film was a clear take the money and run affair, the cash in Elektra film of the X-Men films.

I'd rate the first two X-Men films above this one. I don't think it's worse than The Last Stand only because Wolverine's character is a lot more intense than he was portrayed in that film. There are a bunch of negatives like: bad dialogue, shaky plot, and not enough character development. I agree with it being like one long video game -

i.e. The Blob boxing scene was like a checkpoint with him showing off his "powers" and to find out about Gambit and Three Mile Island

. The revelations and plot twists were weak.

Some positives though. I liked Gambit but, like most of Team X, was underused. Reynolds was what I expected and

I liked the final battle with Deadpool. I'm not familiar with the character so I wasn't sure if the whole "combining mutant powers" to make him a virtual badass was in the comics. Cool cameo with Patrick Stewart too

It's worth checking out if you're a big X-man fan, otherwise wait for the DVD.

I just saw it and it IS certainly a terrible film. However, that said, I did also find it patchily entertaining and stupid fun. I'd definitely rate it above X3 since it didn't make me ANGRY about how it trashes beloved, established characters and storylines.

It is a very very bad movie, though. Cheapo effects, four or five 'howling to the heavens with anguish' sequences, four or five Sabretooth and Wolverine dog-galloping towards each other sequences, cliche after painful cliche and the cardinal sin of keeping Ryan Reynolds in the movie for only a couple of scenes when (aside from Liev and Hugh) every other actor is bland.

Still, somehow, I was entertained most of the time. Might be the (finally) warm Boston weather and having friends around and it being Saturday night and all.

I just saw it and it IS certainly a terrible film. However, that said, I did also find it patchily entertaining and stupid fun. I'd definitely rate it above X3 since it didn't make me ANGRY about how it trashes beloved, established characters and storylines.

I'm tremendously glad that I have no real emotional attachment to the X-Men, and that the relatively-few things I really do love about the characters had already been largely filleted out of the film franchise in the first two movies, because I quite enjoyed X3. I've got no desire to ever see it again, and I'd certainly admit that it wasn't a very good film, but I was tolerably entertained for two hours in the cinema, and it scored over the previous two installments in at least one key area: the action sequences were competently-directed, which was always one of the main reasons I didn't like the first two films nearly as much as most other people seemed to.

No way I'm going to see Wolverine, though.

It's better than X3. I dunno what all the whining is about. It's a perfectly acceptable piece of action tosh. It's better than Watchmen.

In what respect? I enjoyed Wolverine more than I enjoyed Watchmen.

It's a dumb action movie. Taken as that it's fine. Watchmen, on the other hand, should have been something more substantial but was just a dumb action movie with delusions.

I don't understand why people expect great art from a film about the fucking X-Men.

In what respect? I enjoyed Wolverine more than I enjoyed Watchmen.

In the respect that I read your post wrongly and thought you were referring to X3, not Wolverine.

My heartfelt apologies, I shall try not to rush in my replies in future :blush:

Moment there.

So the guy of the katanas was Deadpool??????????????

Shit. They should have got Tom Cruise. But that actor, I did not dislike him, although I could not recognize Deadpool anywhere. Not that I was a big fan of Deadpool, but I've read some arcs years ago and I enjoyed them a lot.

Any other surprise? Was the chinese sniper, the hobbit and the the fellow of Fergie also known x-men characters?

Moment there.

So the guy of the katanas was Deadpool??????????????

Shit. They should have got Tom Cruise. But that actor, I did not dislike him, although I could not recognize Deadpool anywhere. Not that I was a big fan of Deadpool, but I've read some arcs years ago and I enjoyed them a lot.

Any other surprise? Was the chinese sniper, the hobbit and the the fellow of Fergie also known x-men characters?

Yup. They were involved with Wolverine in much the same capacity, though they actually acted like trained soldiers.

Myself, I thought Reynolds as Deadpool was the kind of call that a movie exec would make for marketing reasons, but coincidentally a very, very good one.

Thanks. I will check for the names of the characters when I have more time.

I don't understand why people expect great art from a film about the fucking X-Men.

I certainly don't. But I do want to be entertained. Which I was not. Fail.

Is that an actual teaser, or some fanmade stuff?